Ryse: Son of Rome

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jgomez7238, Mar 9, 2014.

1. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Too sharp looks bad too, but usually the only way to get an image too sharp is to abuse SweetFx. But the game looks too soft with the temporal AA on.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Revalidating the game fixed the issue...there were 2 corrupt files. Odd how the game still worked fine, it was only the menus that had changed. The game also loaded straight to that menu as well without the Crytek logo screen. Weird.

Wish I'd taken a screenshot but Afterburner wasn't working and the Steam screenshot function is not functional either.

3. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    If you dont use unsharp mask (sweetfx for example), sharpness is neutral.

So you undergone laser surgery. But you didnt fixed anything, you just wearing "permanent glasses", so your whole eyeball is still elongated.

I have no idea how you can see after that surgery, but for me whole words is perfectly detailed and razor sharp. I have no problems with 20/16 line on snellen table. On the other hand people with glasses see much worse. Each dioptre will make all objects look smaller, and that mean less details. People with glasses have big problems with 20/20 line, and usualy opthamologists will prescribe lower prescriptions, because strong lenses are not recommended. I compared my vision with people who wear glasses and they were all blind compared to me :).

Most opthamologists will not tell you that, but if you would care about your spine when you were younger, you would NEVER EVER lost your vision in the first place. When you slouch your eyesight is literaly running on low batteries

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That is a problem with glasses, those issues are not present with surgery or even just contact lenses.

As i mentioned it's just personal preference, I dislike sharp images and hate aliasing while you like sharp images and can live with some aliasing.

5. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Surgeries are permanent and never a good thing, there's always hope in natural medicine.

For example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4-8jkXJ5lQ
    That man had -5 D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WanA4ElclM
    that women had -7 D and 3 cyl astigmatism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XXMARzBPgc
    That man was blind :D

All of them followed William Bates, opthamologist who proven, that extraocular muscles are responsible for eyeball length (also cornea shape). Well I always had good vision, but 5 years ago my vision quality was fluctuating sometimes, once I could see 20/16, later (especialy after long day of work) only 20/30, it really looked like my vision was slowly getting worse. I thought that I would end up wearing glasses :D, but thanks god I learned about Bates. Next time, when qulity of my vision droped down (after long day of work), I did exercises and palming, my vision IMMEDIATELY recharged. Now this vision "fluctuations" stoped (I can work 24h and my vision will be still razor sharp), but not only that. I can see better than ever! (and 20/16 was already especially good vision). Right now I planing to buy 4K tv, because for me the difference is HUGE even on 55 HDTV.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  6. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Optometrist here.

Bates was a wacko who caused people to go blind (told people to look at the sun). Quit preaching this holistic/alternative crap. His methods are universally unaccepted as effective.

7. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    In biology we are constantly finding out things work different than what we thought before, so I'm always open minded. Man, I dont belive in miracles, and my vision was getting worse, no doubts about it. If I didnt done anything I will end up wearing glasses for sure!!! Also people from my links looks very honest to me, especially that blind man who was on TV. It was funny to watch opthamologist in TV studio trying to explain why that man can see now, all he could say was "I dont know".

For me Bates findings were unquestionable, that's why I tried his method in the first place. Basically he was able to reshape entire eyeball, just by adjusting tension in extraocular muscles. It makes perfect sense right now, it explains very well why myopia eyeball is elongated, while hyperopia shortened, also it can explan very well astigmatism. Also Bates is the only one, who can explain with his "theory" why that blind man can see right now. Sorry, but based on that evidences I will never EVER belive any opthamologists and especialy optometrist. Also I will never accept, that some years ago very few people needed glasses, and right now almost everyone!!! It's like epidemic, and you cant blame genetic for that. Our bodies are build perfectly, and it was bizzare to think that we have just one part (eyesight) thats broken.

Bates findings are not profitable, thats for sure. Because of that it will take some time, before bates method will be universally accepted as effective.

8. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Lol you sound like a typical cultist.

9. PearlChoco

PearlChoco Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570 DirectCU II

Lol

This is bollocks on so many levels I don't know where to start.

10. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Guys how is this game thinking of picking it up when I get paid.

11. BRAKKUS1

BRAKKUS1 Guest

GPU:
    780ti
    Fellas, is anyone having trouble with the performance? I'm getting really bad frame rate drops from 60-40 all the time, and I'm using a 980 @ 1500 and a 3770k @ 4.5, from a Samsung SSD, this game should be constant 60fps at 1080p, I've tried turning off HT and page file, still nothing, even putting all settings at low doesn't solve it! Any ideas?

12. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Well, what Bates wrote can be easily presented in real life. My little niece wears very thick lenses with astigmatsim correction, without glasses she cant see nothing. The same day after I started working on her posture and spine she started to see fluctuations of very good vision 20/20 without glasses, and she didnt done any eye exercises, she thought it was some kind of miracle. Based on my experiences it really looks like Bates was right since the beginning, but lets end this off topic. People can belive whetever they want, and if someone has bad eyesight optical industry can help for sure ;)

13. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Same with me ssd as main drive ssd as game drive, i7@4.8 and overclocked 980 and It usually varies ( constantly ) between 55 and 60 but I have seen it go as low aw 49 but the frame rate is constantly flucuating. Most other games you get it drop a few frames every now and then but the frame rate never stays the same at all.

14. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Nvidia have yet to release a Ryse optimized driver. Hopefully this week.

15. lantian

lantian Guest

for me its between 41 and 51 fps mostly stays around 45fps @1080p max, ssaa of

16. BRAKKUS1

BRAKKUS1 Guest

GPU:
    780ti
    It's a nightmare, unplayable! But if I set it to 2x2 SSAA, I get a consistent 30fps, should either do that or just wait for a driver like Kezen said, been trying to play The Evil Within as well, but that is an unoptimized mess also.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I didnt play it much, only opening scene ~10min with lots of AI and it was always above 60fps here..

18. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Dear god this game is bad.

It sure looks good, but combat is atrocious, it's terrible. I just stopped playing since I was not having any fun.

The combat can be described as stuttering... (pause-move-pause-move). I'm still trying to wrap my head on just how bad this game is. Holy crap.

19. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    The new 344.42 notebook drivers contain a SLI profile for Ryse.

0x080040F5 (Daylight, Monster Hunter Online Benchmark, Ryse: Son of Rome, Lichdom: Battlemage)

It's not there for the 344.22 drivers, even after checking for a update through GFE.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Updated. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/Ryse/announcements/detail/237889272610919493

EDIT: The Nvidia drivers, there's a thread for them already in the NV Driver section of these forums though.
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-344-48-whql-driver-released
    (Also enables DSR on older Fermi GPU models.)

EDIT: From the release notes PDF.

(Page 14 for a list of other fixed issues. - http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/344.48/344.48-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf )

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014