RTX Titan incoming ... Leaks on the net of a new nvidia Titan RTX !

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by chispy, Dec 1, 2018.

?

How much it will cost at the stores ?

1. $1,700US Dollars

2. $1,900US Dollars

3. $2,100US Dollars

4. A Gazillion Dollars ...

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  2. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @jbscotchman

Why would you buy a 2080 Ti to game at 1080P?​

All you need is a 2060 (or a 2070 if you really want to push the boat out).

Or alternatively you can just stick with the 10xx series because as you say, RT isn't really a thing at present.

3. Kraust

Kraust Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    No. That's (basically) why I bought a 2070. I have always been a mid-ranged GPU buyer but I finally just said **** it and upped my budget to get... what's probably a mid-ranged GPU.

2 years of having an RX 470 has taught me that the mid range is dying without any competition and no meaningful improvements in sight, was starting to struggle to play new games at 1080p (Dragon Quest XI).

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It is not going to cost more than an RTX 5000, so $2000 seems right.

5. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    I think you correct in saying the mid range is dying. I think every tech company has in some way made the public feel high end models are the most desirable ( mobile phones, TV, sound systems and of course pc). Seems the way the industry is going not just Nvidia. Just look how AMD has marketed threadripper (essentially a content creator/mini workstation cpu as a thing for gamers, just see the marketing promos).

Even consoles get a higher end model and I can see an even more expensive ps5 or Xbox releasing along side lesser models.

We all new a titan version was going to launch at some point, titan V is nearly a year old so they need a refresh in that segment. At a guess this card may replace the V so it's more than likey remain at around 2999~.

I also think it's time for the 2080ti failure rate chat to go, it's getting tiresome to read in every gfx card thread I go in, sad jokes that arnt funny. Nvidia are doing what any manufacture do by replacing them. I mentioned this many times but all manufactures go through this on a product release, defects are found on some batches, they fix it for next batch. I had mine for 2 months now and have no problems apart from driver issues which were fixed.

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm not buying a 2080 Ti, it would be absolutely stupid. I buy graphics cards in the $250-$350 range. My 1060 still plays everything with ease at 1080p with high settings. I wanna see what the 2000 series has to offer besides **** ty frame rates. Go play Grid 2 and you'll see the reflections are equal if not better than RTX crap.

7. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I play Grid 2 extensively. The reflections are absolutely nowhere near anything RTX.

8. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    No offense but you kind of come off as a jealous. Just because you are satisfied with your card doesn't make it a "absolutely stupid" purchase for other people. If you're still satisfied with 1080p, then yeah, not much sense in getting a 2080ti but a lot of us are gaming in 4k now and the 2080ti is getting 60+ fps in every title maxed at 4k. I would hardly define that as "**** ty frame rates". Most rtx users aren't buying the cards just for ray tracing and comparing ray tracing to grid 2 is just silly.

9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Jealous? Sorry but I'm not spending $1200 on a video card.

10. Kraust

Kraust Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    4k is something I regularly talk about with one of my friends, he has SLI 1080s and I have a 2070, The main reason both of us upgrade regularly is to get better frame rates at this resolution. I like at least that Nvidia allows you to upscale 1080p/1440p to 4k instead of rendering purely at 4k and the fact that we might get this more easily with DLSS. I never really got onto the high refresh rate bandwagon because there's zero use for it in productivity (4k has huge benefits in development flows) and I simply don't play those multiplayer action games that make use of it

Of course he (and seemingly everyone else) thinks I'm crazy but w/e.

BangTail likes this.

11. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I meant the way you wrote your comment makes you come off as such.

davido6 likes this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Ok. I understand that.

13. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    i wish hahah im still running the 980ti that i won from guru3d a few years ago lol

AsiJu likes this.
  14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    A Gazillion leather jackets.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Jensen is coming for your wallets, your kidneys, and your first born. Realistically we're not going to get anything reasonably priced until AMD has something to compete with at the high end that actually has stock available.

I've heard the 3rd Navi will crush the 2080 Ti... too bad that's a lifetime away and won't be high end by the time it's out considering the 1st Navi isn't even out.

Solfaur likes this.

16. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Anything you've heard about any future chips from either brand is complete BS. Nobody knows and I wish people would stop spreading rumors with no factual basis

tensai28 and BangTail like this.
  17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It's nothing more than a rough estimate which is very possible to not happen considering how far away it is.

18. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
  20. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Solfaur likes this.