Review: Destiny 2: PC graphics benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 25, 2017.

1. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    So in an NV supported title, approx. 3 weeks after its release, the GTX 1070 manages to equal the Vega56 performance? Meh.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    My 970 managing to equal the RX 580 is impressive though.

It looks like AMD only optimised the Vega cards though, with even FuryX only competing with the 980, and way behind the 980ti.

3. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    Hilbert How do you benchmark if Destiny 2 prevent overlay to be functionnal ?

4. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 7900XT Gaming OC
    Once a developer creates a game for Windows 10 PC in UWP environment, it will require almost no extra work to make it run on Xbox platform. Using the very same resources a developer creates one game or application and it runs all across Windows 10 devices (PC, tablet, phone, Xbox, HoloLens) – as long as the device is powerful enough to run it.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/pl-pl/windows/uwp/get-started/whats-a-uwp

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Interesting, looks like UWP has some interesting ideas and features although the store hasn't caught on very well due to various restrictions and numerous issues ranging from download problems to crashes and in general not being too popular although it's seen some growth so if MS can support it and work out the reported issues it could become something. :)

Myself? I picked up the earlier Quantum Break and Gears of War 4 games from it, Gears 4 especially ran really well although later versions appear to have run into issues on some Nvidia hardware or drivers for whatever reason, hopefully that's been worked out by now though. (Gears Remake got some good praise too but also some criticism for bugs but support didn't continue for very long from what I gathered.)

6. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 7900XT Gaming OC
    I played Quantum Break on UWP (then on R9 290) and to my surprise, unlike many online opinions, I had no problems.
    By the way, the idea of creating one code for different hardware platforms is excellent. I hope it will gain widespread support.

7. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I sold my 3930k for my 1500x setup. Dont regret it. And now have natice m.2 as well. Rig feels smoother with ryzen even before I got my 960 evo m.2. BF1 actually feels alot smother ironically with 8 threads on my 1500x vs the 12 I had before. 3930k was @ 4.1 and my 1500x is @ 3.9

8. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    Sorry but no, this game has nothing to do with the latest AMD driver optimisations like those included in DX12 titles or Vulkan which means that the things included in 17.11.2 are just SMALL
    Game is running ancient DX11 engine, and is very average for a AAA title

9. aaronne

aaronne Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 MOBILE
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn

I dont know why he didn't reply, but can you try by aida64 sensor panel on Android or ios smartphone by enabling it and broswing:
    here for reference:
    https://forums.aida64.com/topic/2636-remotesensor-lcd-for-smartphones-and-tablets/

Cheers!

edit:

also if you got a second screen output, you can leave here your monitoring software (HWiNFO or MSI Afterburner or whatelse)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017