Review: DeepCool QuadStellar PC Chassis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We take a look at what might be the most fascinating chassis of 2018, the new DeepCool Quad Stellar. A chassis that will follow up the TriStellar, this round with four compartments and a WIFI controll...

Review: DeepCool QuadStellar PC Chassis

airbud7 likes this.
  2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    If it was flight capable drone... something like HL2... I would be impressed.

3. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    Don't really see the appeal of a smartphone app, seems like an unnecessary gimmick.
    But it's a pretty cool looking chassis nonetheless. Way outside my price range though, or how much I'd pay for any chassis.

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I just pictured having a number of these and stacking them aorund each other for like an awesome lan party setup...

5. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    I agree about the phone app.... gimmick. I think the case looks really cool though. I like the placement of the windows.

6. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Holy crap , this looks cool , i really like the idea, noise levels are not as good as Fractal but the looks are very cool and whole concept.

7. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Interesting case in as much that they've got seperate compartments for the different components. With a non-blower GPU installed in it's own compartment I can imagine quite a lot of recycling of hot exhaust air as the space is 'quite' small where the GPU sits & it looks like the hot air exhausted from the GPU won't escape from the GPU straight away but would instead mix with the cool incoming air - I'd like to see a review of GPU temperatures in this case, but I think they could be higher than a standard case.

8. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Give us a revisit if you make the build in your conclusion. I would love to see it HH. :)

9. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Expensive for sure but I think it's really cool, fun, interesting and different, thank you Hilbert for the review. The smartphone app is surely just part of the fun element? Isn't the whole concept about being gimmicky? I've had dull big cases for SLI or TRI set-ups so this brought a smile to my face even if it's unsuitable for my particular gaming needs. Mind you if NVidia card prices continue to be extortionate, will any of us be able to afford to be gamers?

10. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    "...we see a front panel offering you two USB 3.0 ports and audio, which confirms it, this thing was made on the planet earth."
    It certainly does look like it was designed by aliens.

I only have three criticisms:

1) Only two front USB ports? Sure they're USB 3.0 but why stop there? Motherboards still generally have USB 2.0 port header pins. This case certainly has the space to mount some of those on the front panel so why not do it? At the price I'd assume it would have a robust front panel, with many ports. Nobody buying this case will go with a mATX or uATX mobo so there's no concern that the user won't have the requisite header pins. By the way, my current tower has 4 USB 3.0 ports AND 4 USB 2.0 ports because the mobo has enough headers on the mobo to suppoort all that. I wouldn't be surprised if other high-end mobos have those too. So, points for having USB 3.0 ports on the front but I'm deducting more points than I'm crediting for not having more ports. And yes, there are times that I use all of my USB ports. Because I do.
    2) While it can mount more than 1 GPU card by mounting in the same bay as the mobo, I don't see any way to go SLI if you want to use the dedicated GPU bays. That's a shame, why didn't they take that into account and put a way to have two cards in one bay so they can use SLI bridges?
    3) The footprint is larger so it will take up more floor space.

11. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    For some reason this reminds me of those old xbox prototypes before they realized the design made no sense.

12. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Sexy A F mate

13. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    I wish i could find one man. This is the best case i have ever seen

14. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    This is perfect prebuild case. Just sell for the looks, not usability.

15. James

James Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Anyone have a lead on where to get one? Newegg is sold out it's not on Amazon and the official distributor doesn't have it listed. I emailed the company and have not heard back. Seems kinda like a tease.