Resident Evil

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Aug 5, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Chris BSSA from Resident Evil 5 - model.
    http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/3134/chris-re5-original-bssa

@___ezzy
    You could try manually editing the controller to use inverted movement. Go to the config.ini and play around with:
    Try swapping X and Y for left stick + Z and RZ for Right stick around and see what happens. Though Im pretty sure if you're using the tank controls, it all depends on the angle you're facing as to what left and right do. Your right = my left sort of a thing.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The problem today is that todays generation of gamers are silver spoon fed. Need there hand holding everywhere. Funny actually.

3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I’m an “old school” gamer and when a boot up and old game like that, I find myself really surprised by its mechanics. It turns out that modern games have dumbed me down. I’m looking for an easy solution that should be right in front of me, and there isn’t one lol. So it’s only that young gamers are affected by the dumbing down of games, but even the old ones.

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just had a 32mb update.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^^ Yeah got that also, there wasnt anything in the forums about it when i checked earlier.

Either way, this game need a performance patch. After entering some areas or loading save game, fps drops to the 10s and takes ages to go back up. Sometimes it doesn't return to normal unless I quit out and reload a few times.

Might come back to this in a few months.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I think that was just a update to the artbook PDF, you can check it in the install folder and see if the file has a newer date. :)

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I think the fps drops are associated with reflections.

You can try this for yourself in the first floor -> Dining Room -> Door the the right of the fireplace -> Once through the door, turn right, -> Enter second door down the hallway, and its the room with the piano in it. Soon as the bar area comes into view the fps tanks greatly. Another area is the hallway with the mirrors...
    Where you get the arrow

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Interesting, I'm pretty sure the ran at nearly 59 FPS constantly (Capped via Afterburner.) but now I'll have to check those rooms to see if it differs a bit.

(There's nothing that demanding in the game besides the added shadows as far as I'm aware so the game shouldn't be too straining on current hardware but it's possible the reflection effect could have some optimization issue.)

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Fixed it Jonas.

Disabled SLI
    Set AA mode to SLI
    Set AA to 4x + 8x Supersampling (0x084010C5)

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ive had no slowdowns at all, locked at 60 v-sync'd.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Its what a 10year+ old port, why would it have perf issues?

I won't bother with this crap though, have much better games to play :p

12. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    It's run perfectly smooth for me, though I do have SLI disabled ATM.

Door animation skip mod works well, but it's annoying that you have to boot the game up, alt+tab out, run the exe, then go back into the game every time. I was hoping I could just drop a file into a folder one time and be done with it.

Beat the snake this morning. Time to go fight that coffin zambie!

13. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    D3DOverrider does not work with RE.

Any ideas how to force more than 60Hz? Regardless of my setting it always 60Hz in fullscreen.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    edit the ini to turn of vsync and set the refreshrate to what you want to use, set to read only. Then force vsync through control panel. Havent tried this myself but was what i read on neogaf.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I just turned v-sync off, and set the frame-rate to variable, then i got 120fps, which must be the highest it goes, as im on 144Hz, but i stick to locked 60, as don't like the tearing, and it doesn't drop :p

Getting further now, found the shottie :D, but couldn't pick it up, as not enough space :(, found the 1st storeroom though, so popped a few things in there, but now can't remember where i saw the shottie :p, ive got quite a few magnum rounds though now :D

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I saw a full playthrough of the gamecube version (via emulator.) a few months ago and I still don't remember the room layout, it gets kinda confusing at times but there is a map available so it's manageable. :p
    (Starting to run low on fuel though, burning the bodies isn't a bad idea but I've only seen two fuel canisters so far and they're running low now.)

(Plenty of pistol ammo still but headshots aren't that easy to pull off in these early RE games - plus you have to be really close to the creature. - and it doesn't guarantee a critical where the head explodes, at least until you get proficient with the shotgun or other stronger weapons.)

17. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    right hand side of the 1F map - the big square room in the middle.

:)

Magnum rounds, or handgun rounds? I'm playing as Jill and I haven't found any magnum rounds yet.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Must be handgun, as im playing as Jill too :p

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I class old skool as early to mid 1980s, sprite collisions problems, bugs, no save games, no checkpoints, no holding our hand, you just get on with it and discover for yourself. Probably why i love flight sims so much because of the almost vertical learning curve.

20. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Does not work, still 60HZ :(