Recent Nvidia Drivers are the cause of your hitching/stuttering in games.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by snight01, Sep 14, 2015.

1. bugsixx

bugsixx Guest

GPU:
    x
    The problem is now in QA testing and there will be a hotfix driver soon, the nvidia rep said on nvidia forum.

2. includao

includao Guest

GPU:
    970 GTX
    yay, thanks for everyone in this thread.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Alrighty then, can anyone sum up what's going on here, what issues I should be looking for and what this means for 9xx owners?

5. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I found out some crazy thing, I install 11.0.0.1141 on windows 10 x64 1703 , and what I've found out that Intel Technology Access TAP Driver (NDIS 6.30) cut my internet connection from 500mbit/10mbit to max 20mbit ... I was like wtf happened till I uninstalled all the IMEI set and the speed was back again...

Also another discovery , when you install the Intel Technology Access, what it actually does is set the Windows Timer Resolution max 1.0009 instead letting it go to 15.625 . so it doesn't do nothing but what the game should do when you start to play one or start any audio/playback sound which max it to 0.500 for best performance anyway.

So IMEI gives nothing but issues. I still can't see any advantage by installing only the IMEI device driver in System Devices, still can't figure which version I should test and what to look for.

also some info here

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81478-G751JY-Unknown-device-after-fresh-Win-10-install

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  6. sniperbr0

sniperbr0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC BLACK 1080TI
    Have we reached any consensus on whether MEI brings performance improvements or not?

It seems to be consensus in several forums that it is not NEEDED for regular home use. But does it actually improve or worsen performance if used? Do we have articles or benchmarks to confirm this? All we see are statements indicating it affects different computer in different ways. Installing it just because it sets the TimerResolution to a lower value IS NOT a performance improvement brought by MEI, this could be done using other tools.

7. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Try this people go into the bios of your motherboard. Find dram configuration, if you have these options (1) No Power Down (2) PPD (3) APD (4) APD-PPD, (2 3 4) are P.S.M or Power Saving Mode's

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ita also installs some sort of NIC driver layer, you can uninstall that and disable all ita net access.. but even with that installed it didnt affect my 150mbit net.

Im keeping basic ITA and MEI installed and so far no issues with either of them since win10 rls..

Atm at ita 1.9 and imei 11.7?.xx

9. limeay

limeay Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    So can anyone give me a verdict on whether the 1144 actually does what Snight01 claims?