RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    witcher 3 is acting up as well, keeps minimizing to desktop and wont alt-tab back...

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    We need to wait for another minor Update :)
    Lets hope its not too long, Next BIG one will be in less than a month.
    Steam games work well, GoG games and Uplay also OK

They f.Up something with Permissions & security in this one, thats why.
    They Fix something in UWP and f.Up another thing instead lol
    Also i can't download Forza from Store any more :bang:
    Known error x something 0002 LooooooooooooooooooL

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  3. pckarlo

pckarlo New Member

GPU:
    2x 3090 Asus Strix
    Any of Ya manged to run Black Desert with Radeon Pro ?
    Cant find any info about this game with Radeon Pro.
    Game is crashing on start after pressing "Play" in launcher.
    I tryied running it with added launcher.exe to RP with and without adminstrator rights on both RP and game.
    Its working great with fxp. WoW pre Legion patch with my 2x 290x. OS W10 x64 last update but same situation was on previous verisons TH2 and release build.

4. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    Is there any way to disable the Warning message when running RadeonPro in administrative mode?
    I have a HTPC that boots straight into Steam Big Picture so it's quite inconvenient.

5. sk8er_boi6000

sk8er_boi6000 Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 280X 3GB
    I've never been able to get RP to work with either Bioshock, Bioshock 2, or the new upgraded versions. I can't inject SweetFX, and none of the other effects (SMAA, AO, ETC) work. If I set up a profile it detects the launch of the game, it just won't inject any effects. Is there any way to get it working?

6. valkyrjur

valkyrjur Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070ti
    i'm using reshade and it works perfectly with both bioshocks and remastered versions as well.
    https://reshade.me/

7. ljubinko

ljubinko Guest

GPU:
    asus r7 250 1gb ddr5
    Is there a way to force dx9 games to working with RadeonPro?

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Which program is giving you trouble? I can't seem to make RP work on fullscreen anymore in the Creators Update with 17.4.3.

9. ljubinko

ljubinko Guest

GPU:
    asus r7 250 1gb ddr5
    I'm having trouble to launch crysis 1 with radeonpro double vsync option driver 17.3.1, i'm on creators update.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  10. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    You get a black screen if the game is set to launch on Full screen, correct? Does it work with borderless mode?

11. ljubinko

ljubinko Guest

GPU:
    asus r7 250 1gb ddr5
    Game is run via radeonpro profile but i don't see OSD i don't know it is double vsync working, other than that Crysis warhead run fine with OSD and 30fps cap with double vsync enabled, and PrMinisterGR what is best method to cap fps to 30 without lag or stuttering radeon pro or RTSS on amd cards. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  12. BVOne

BVOne Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8850M / 2GB
    Hello,
    I tryed to force MSAA for some old games (UT99, Quake3, Freelancer) through the RadeonPro on my laptop with discrete Radeon HD 8850M and Crimson 16.11, but setting any value has no effect for the games. Is there any fix or workaround for that issue?

13. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    I have a question regarding Vsync. If you enable it and the game doesn't have triple buffering and your frame rate drops below 60, does it automatically display at 30 fps? If so, would that show on the frame rate counter? Because I have never seen this happen in a game and I play quite a few games on my big Tv where I enable Vsync all the time since it doesn't support Freesync.

And would there be a way to avoid this with Dynamic Vsync from RadeonPro?

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yes.

unless you are in windowed mode which is subject to the desktop manager. DWM has triple buffering built in.

All UWP games are also subject to DWM.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  15. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Ok, I've got it to work with AC Syndicate.

Dynamic VSync has a problem though. If I enable it the frame rate stays at 59 for some reason which causes stuttering. I can reproduce this when I just enable VSync and Triple Buffering and check the "Lock frame rate up to monitor's refresh rate" which seems also to limit it to 59 too. Yet when I have just VSync and Tripple Buffer the frame rate goes to 60 and everything is butter smooth.

Dynamic VSync disables VSync as it should, it's just that if it hits the limit of the monitor and enables VSync it sets the frame rate limited to 59 (that is what I assume) and stutters/hitches.
    Very strange... anything I can do about this?

Also what is the difference between "Dynamic Frame Rate Control" vs "Lock frame rate up to monitor's refresh rate" except that one let's me set this manually?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    VSync will cause fps drops that drop in multiples of 15 frames. 60-45-30 for example. Personally, I prefer to disable VSync, and use RTSS to cap framerates to 60/75, depending on my desired resolution.

For example, I play SWTOR, and the game engine's FSAA options and VSync handling is rather dated. So instead, I use VSR to run the game at 1620p (50% larger than 1080p) and disable all FSAA ingame. I was getting some annoying VSync drops down to 30, and it would stay there. So I disabled VSync, and set RTSS to 60. Does the same thing as Dynamic VSync. (AMD's FRTC doesn't work)

17. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That would be the same as Dynamic Vsync if you have a Freesync monitor, right? Else you still get tearing.

18. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    My question was when VSync is enabled and it is at the maximum frame rate (i.e. at 60). When I just enable VSync in RadeonPro it is performing like it should, very smooth at 60 yet when I enable Dynamic VSync in RadeonPro it is hitching at 60. It disables VSync when below 55-ish frames but the VSync, when enabled, performs differently for some reason.

This is weird but I tested this multiple times.

Edit: Yes, Dynamic VSync limits my frame rate to 59 for some reason. Normal VSync doesn't. Tested with multiple FPS counters. I don't understand this.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  19. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Hello, i see radeon pro still works, but is there a way to make it detect my gpu on the spoof gpu id tab? the strange thing is on the overdrive tab my gpu is detected (r9 390). I read you can use nvidia shadows algorithm on amd, on games that are more nvidia friendly

A screen should clear things:http://imgur.com/a/6bRef

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    spoof id has been non-functional for along time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.