Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by frankuzzo, Sep 29, 2020.

1. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Actually score itself is not important but may be an indicator of changes in performance in other usages. Anyway, 100 points loss on level of almost 5k points is pretty significant change.

Hypernaut likes this.
  2. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Uhm.... we are talking about 1/50 of a score... or 2%... I thought that everything between 1-2 % could be just considered within a measurement error ?
    But well... everything what suits your needs is good :)
    I personally like and prefer the fixes in the new driver over 2% of performance :)

Hypernaut likes this.
  3. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    updating the drivers with "fresh clean install" does mean to lose the game profiles and the statistics for the games played (hours, fps..)?

4. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Yep, it will reset everything - game profiles, settings, statistics, caches etc.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    No, but better save Your settings on remote HDD (Fresh install, keep settings).
    Thing is if You want to revert to 20.5.1 from 20.9.1 the settings can't be loaded.
    Only forward.

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Can someone who has flicker/strobing issues with their VA panel test kb4577063 and let me know if their strobing went away? I just launched SWTOR, and not one flicker during startup. Not one. At all. :gush: I want to know why. (I also just updated Nahimic, but I doubt it was that)

7. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    I don't have this update but for me the flickering on VA panel looks better with these 20.9.2 drivers.
    Also I think that I helped to it with settings more aggressive fan settings on GPU, so the HotSpot temp on my RX5700 doesn't hit the limit and the clock doesn't fluctuate so much.
    (tested on Mafia Definitive Edition where I was able to see flickering in loading screen)
    Unfortunately the flickering is more problem of the panels itself...

8. sathyrion

sathyrion Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 TUF
    Had to laugh when realizing that all the VR issues I had in Star Wars Squadrons was because of this new driver with support for the game :p

Issue is after about 2-5 min playtime in Fleet Battles, the FPS instantly drops to about 20-30... Only in Fleet Battles, not singleplayer or Dogfigth PVP. So I naturally thought there was some issue with the gamemode itself. But since I could not find any posts by other people ( Since majority of VR players seems to have nVidia? Maybe? ) I tried the previous Adrenaline driver.
    And yes.. The issue is "better". I still get decreasing FPS during the whole match, but not as bad as with the new driver.

I would guess this is something AMD may have tried to address in the new driver. But obviously failed hard :p

Anyone else play SWS in VR here? Any feedback from fellow AMD VR people are always welcome.

Cheers!

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Latest CU has a bunch of video headset fixes. You should give that a stab.

10. sathyrion

sathyrion Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 TUF
    Think the lates CU’s are for WMR headsets only, but I will try the update anyway. But I have seen bugreports in answer EA today from others with same issues. Seems like a framerate issue in the game itself. Defaulting to 60 and 30hz if you have refresh set higher than 60hz. Just have to wait for EA patching I guess.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Cumulatives .541 and .546?

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...dows-10-insider-preview-build-19042-541-20h2/

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...dows-10-insider-preview-build-19042-546-20h2/

EDIT: Yeah Mixed Reality after reading it through.
    (Seems I should have used the fancy term HMD over VR and I would have found it easier. :p )

EDIT: October cumulative update shouldn't be more than two weeks out so the next update and the full launch of 20H2 too can't be too far off now.

All the fun stuff seem to be in 21H1 though so aside from the current 19041/19042 updates and some good quality fixes it's basically a few things being enabled, Chromium Edge getting a install and Adobe Flash going EOL around the same time.

Anyways 20.10.1 next up I guess is what it has to be driver wise, let's see if AMD can undo the remaining known issues just before RDNA2 and then it's hopefully not time to do all this once more all over.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Jackalito and HK-1 like this.
  12. DanielRX

DanielRX Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Merc319
    I wanted to leave my report with experience installing the latest drivers on a RX480 / 580 4GB Sapphire, the best driver that works super stable and without errors is still the April 2020 version adrenaline 20.4.2, the other later versions are, giving error with a random black screen, this error happens when I'm playing Assetto Corsa 1.16.3, and Sniper Elite 4, thanks.

13. watchblocker

watchblocker Guest

GPU:
    RX 5600xt/gtx 1060
    After several tests of the 5600xt in a CS:GO game with different driver versions, I got the following results.
    The FPS Benchmark card was taken as a basis
    20.9.2 - 450 fps
    20.9.1 - 505 fps
    20.4.2 - 525 fps

This is not good for the latest AMD drivers, so i decided to stay at 20.4.2

DanielRX likes this.
  14. qwertydrive

qwertydrive Member

GPU:
    Sapphire rx 480 nitro
    Getting a better API Overhead Score with 20.4.2

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    DanielRX likes this.
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    As for Vega, new drivers are better in terms of Perf p/tW
    Better API Overhead Score as well as 3Dmark FS.
    Slowly my card is approaching magical 29k level (28.6k now).

Some bugs in BFV when building, i hope guys from Vanguard passed this to the team.

DanielRX and HD64G like this.

16. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  17. pyza666

pyza666 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700XT
    Both are connected to ntkrnlmp.exe. Use whql driver and reset your overclocking to stock settings.

18. Haven't tried SWS yet, but may give it a go in some days. I have a Rift CV1; VR with this driver and other games (Beat Saber, Blade & Sorcery) seems to work as it did on older drivers (basically no difference). I'm on W10 2004 (19041) with a RX 580.

19. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Thanks, i'm gonna install th whql to see if fixes the issue.
    About the overclock it's a Ryzen 1700 PRO all stock.

20. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    it worked: all settings stayed there, even my light underclock (1366 to 1340) :)

I tryed assetto corsa yesterday, only few laps but no errors so far: what track / car? black screen? do you have an overclock?

Krteq likes this.