Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, May 18, 2018.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    This is CPU dependant.
    I have 3 and in BF1
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 3

If you have good CPU then 2-3 is a must.... rest will get better FPS in 1

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  2. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Driver had a last min bug which cause delay for Friday but resume for Monday time of launch for State of Decay 2.

Jackalito, LocoDiceGR and RzrTrek like this.
  3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    This driver update can't come soon enough.

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Have u joined the Software Vanguard program? :rolleyes::D

They have invite me, but i havent joined the discord yet lol.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Somebody woke up. There's no longer error message upon loading link, but nothing shown.

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Isnt to early for them to wake up? :D
    But yea its just blank page now.

7. NvidiaFreak650

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yes i'm in the Software Vanguard program but early driver are buggy and crash my system so I stay with the stable ones that come out from AMD. also yeah the web page show a blank page which means today the driver comes out.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    All those "Not Authorized" hits get logged and the Website Manager prolly got sick of his Error Log getting pounded with hits to that page, so he stuck a blank page there so that there is no error generated.

Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.
  9. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    I'm a bit worried about this driver. It took a long time to show up and now they're having last minute issues with it, it's probably going to be released with a ton of issues but with the State of Decay 2 support.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well hopefully the known issues are listed in the release notes, having some AMD engineer popping up on the Reddit section or AMD's own forums and chirping in "Known issue!" when someone asks about something with the driver and it's nowhere to be found in the release note documentation is never fun.
    (Updating said notes until the next driver rolls around as more problems are identified wouldn't hurt either.)

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

That used to bother me a lot -> issue never get listed under KNOWN ISSUES, so you are left thinking you're the only idiot in town, and then BAAM - it gets listed under Resolved issues

Romulus_ut3 likes this.
  12. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Yep, or when they fix something but then in the next driver it breaks again and they don't say anything about it, only when they fix it again 2 drivers later while you stay like "but this problem was fixed, right? must be my rig"

13. arbys

arbys Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire R9 Fury
    I wonder if they do that so no one can complain (and point to a reliable source; driver changelogs) )that it took them months to fix a particular bug.

14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I think they have to confirm/test that something actually is bugged..for them to put it on the patch notes...
    Same as the fixed bugs...they test them and confirm its fixed on their machines..
    They can't put in the known issues every bug they see written on the internet...its not logic.
    There are a lot of people out there just post ''bugs'' but its not actually a driver problem..its something else on their OS.

15. NvidiaFreak650

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    The pre 18.5 driver had issues BSOD and problems with DX 11 games that close at random in games. I learn my lesson not to install them due of the bugs. hopeful the driver comes out today fix Samsung CHG70 random black screen with Freesync 2.

Last edited: May 21, 2018

16. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    They can say that something is a "known issue" up until the last minute. Of course they have to test things, but that doesn't mean that they have to be honest about the timings.

Noisiv likes this.
  17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    *That* is interesting, I was wondering about Far Cry 5 randomly closing and then a couple of crashes in Watch_Dogs 2 however I couldn't really find a way to reliably replicate the issue.
    Will be interesting to see if 18.5.1 will make a difference, however Watch_Dogs 2 is a known game to have various stability issues and Far Cry 5 can bug pretty easily so it might have been specific to the pre-release version for all I know.

Still interesting information though. :)

18. arbys

arbys Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire R9 Fury
    So can you explain why AMD never added the 100% GPU usage in the release notes when it got acknowledged by an employee as a known issues?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen...nalin_edition_1821_release/dtlpd0z/?context=1

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen...renalin_edition_1811_alpha/ds8wz3o/?context=3

I'ts been around for months and was always one of the top comment on Reddit in the /r/amd driver threads

Noisiv and HK-1 like this.
  19. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    hmm I'm starting to regret buying a cpu with built-in graphics and also have bought RX460 ... errr;):rolleyes:

20. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    He gives you a workaround. So really a not an issue:

AMD_Kyle RTG Engineer 100 points 3 months ago

Hey just to let you know we do know about this issue - and it turns out to be pretty complex to resolve.

As a workaround for now you can kill the AMDDVR process which should return the GPU utilization to the correct levels.

I think he says a lot more then most times.

LocoDiceGR likes this.