Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Download
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-18-11-2-driver-download.html

Highlights
    Support For
    • Battlefield™ V
    Fixed Issues
    • Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle.
    • Radeon Software update notifications may sometimes incorrectly list the currently installed driver as an available software update.
    Known Issues
    • Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off.
    • Assassin’s Creed™: Odyssey may experience a game crash at certain locations of the game on Windows®7 enabled system configurations.
    Added Vulkan™ Extension Support
    • VK_AMD_memory_overalloation_behavior
      • This extension allows controlling whether explicit overallocation beyond the device memory heap sizes is allowed or not.
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.2 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.2 Driver Version 18.40.11.05 (Windows Driver Store Version 25.20.14011.5005)
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.2 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
    By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.

• Installing Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition
    For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, please refer to the following support resources:

NOTE:
    This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.

When installing Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.2 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.2.

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.2 requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.

Radeon Product Compatibility
    Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.2 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.

Radeon Desktop Product Family Compatibility
    Radeon RX Vega Series Graphics

Radeon™ RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics

Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo

AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R5 300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R5 200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics

Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
    Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.2 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.

Radeon Mobility Product Family Compatibility
    AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics

Compatible Operating Systems
    Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.2 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.

• Windows® 10 64-bit version
    • Windows 7 64-bit version with SP1 or higher
    AMD Issue Reporting Form

LocoDiceGR, Rambo and warlord like this.
  2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Apologies to the OP threads posters, instead of merging threads I hit delete by accident :D

RzrTrek, BlackZero and warlord like this.
  3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
  4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Thanks!

I got deleted twice. :rolleyes:

Hilbert Hagedoorn and Keitosha like this.

5. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
  6. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    OK, I updated and tried BFV and really didn't notice any difference in performance. Is there something in particular that the AMD Team did to note BFV as part of the release notes? I even added a profile for it as well.

JonasBeckman have you had a chance to check these out yet?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I just saw them being released, looks like I missed them but I'll be installing these shortly.

EDIT: And there's no difference between the profile file from this and from 18.11.1 aside from the newer driver date.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  8. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    • Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off.
    I am glad to see this is being fixed, I could have sworn it was already fixed in a older one but I have been noticing this issue.

9. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR

Its a Known Issues, NOT fixed issues, so the bug is still there since like (3-4 releases) its very annoying + it makes screen flickering at the same time (Like 3D effect on Videos)

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    So, no need to install?
    BF V is working like a charm :D

Please give us comparison...

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    He said its the same, no comparison.

OnnA likes this.
  12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Driver is fine. I always install newest ones with Ddu even if it's a day difference and new radeon settings application only. Latest is the greatest.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    From the release notes you get some additional Battlefield V support but there's no framerate comparison so it's probably minor or they fixed something else or it's just part of the release notes for 18.11.x in general.
    There's a new Vulkan extension supported too but the VLK runtime itself is still 1.1.82.0 and then for Vega GPU owners the elevated memory clock speed issue should be resolved so that's a good one for those affected by that and for anyone using Radeon Software / Catalyst Next to check for updates it seems they've improved that too. :)

Rest would be hidden or undocumented tweaks and changes, nothing really stands out from comparing INF and XML files at least and the profile file as mentioned only shows a different file date since the driver is newer but the rest is identical. :)
    (So no updates to Crossfire or DXX flags or new OpenGL properties or other data from here.)

EDIT: It's interesting that they're bundling 1.1.82.0 and not the 1.1.82.1 runtime for Vulkan come to think of it but then again the additional fixes might be more for SDK usage and it's backwards compatible so for Windows using the 1.1.85.0 runtime should be just fine and on Linux the driver support and situation differs a bit where I think it's up to 1.1.88.0 or somewhere last I checked.

Not that important though, haven't had any issues with the display driver for a good amount of time now but I do avoid certain areas AMD has had problems with such as sleep/hibernation being a feature I don't use for the OS and I guess fast-start might still be a problem with retaining Wattman settings where it assumes a crash happened and reverts to default.

For Firefox I usually keep hardware acceleration on but a couple of additional releases down the line maybe the new Webrender functionality will be enabled for AMD GPU's too and that's going to be interesting to check.

EDIT: Though it looks like NVIDIA also recently hit a issue with sleep mode so perhaps there's something in Windows 10 and how that works that isn't quite right?

"2438988-Occasional display corruption on higher refresh rate DisplayPort monitors when coming out of sleep "

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...00-version-and-monitor-sleep-and-wake-issue-/

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    OnnA likes this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    OK, Installed :D
    Working fine with FH3 & FM7 DX12
    Will play BF V later today.... but on 18.11.1 was an solid Performer (no Welcome Desktop Feature ;))

UPD.
    BFV working like a charm 70FPS_________Solid at 1440p.
    BFV (no input Lag Tweak) -> GstRender.FutureFrameRendering 0

SotTR
    DX12 Ultra/High (no Exclusive Full Screen) also Solid 70FPS.
    Quake Champions Solid as always.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  15. robbo247

robbo247 Guest

GPU:
    5700XT Anniversary
    I am having slowdown issues with these drivers when using afterburner with my rx580 on the shadow of the tombraider benchmark,if i adjust the power limit too plus 50 my run went from 70fps on standard without using afterburner too below 30fps,Anybody else having simular issues .

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Play the actual game and report back.

17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Ok, I have retired BFV DX12 and the FPS is a lot higher then with the previous driver. With the previous driver FPS was about the same as DX11 with slight increases here and there.

However, there is this lag/latency I notice and some very slight stuttering while animating to go into scope. It was enough to go back to DX11 for now with this driver release.

18. iakoboss7

iakoboss7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8GB
    dx11 in fb v is rubish, this is known from lunch date.

19. LM2014

LM2014 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800XT
    Elevated memory clocks during system idle remains for me (1 year bug) :mad:
    This issue occurs after playing any game, especially Arma3.

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If you are using Wattman and have a profile from the sounds of things the clock speeds are saved into the profile so you'd have to reset to default and remake it without loading the old one, guess a comparison of the two profiles would show if the memory clock speed values between them differed or not.

Vega 64 also idles at 167 Mhz or thereabouts, Vega 56 seems to idle at 700 mhz before going to full speed at 800 mhz by default and then Vega 64 also has a intermediate 500 mhz clock state as well.
    But this could also be a difference between specific models such as how my own Pulse GPU uses a "Nano" style PCB with slight changes to components, haven't compared what the stock Vega 56 uses.
    (Memory shouldn't differ though short of the newer GPU's almost all being on Hynix now with Samsung primarily found on Vega 64's these days.)

INSTG8R likes this.