Quadro Drivers and their IQ

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by A M D BugBear, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Don't bother AudigyMaster, this isn't this first time this has come up. In the end, there were no screenshots demonstrating better AF only screenshots showing it was the same, and no proof the desktop was better only nvidia reps saying there is no difference (to which the peanut gallery said it was a conspiracy to make Quadro cards more appealing, not even joking). Just let it go.

2. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Someone reputable like ManuelG could easily explain why there is no visual difference between GeForce and Quadro drivers having the same version number. But where's the fun in that? The customer is always right, even in the case of placebo.

3. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Placebo. I have been back and forth many times, and absolutely nothing changed. My dick feels bigger when installing Quadro drivers, but that could have been placebo as well.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes there is no change on poor TN matrix displays :p

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Lol.

6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I don't want to add fuel to this flame, but I do recall reading years ago the IQ for static images, like single frames rendered via 3d max, is higher as quadro is about that and not performance, like GeForce drivers for gaming.

7. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I think its because Quadro drivers have 10bit color output but would require a 10bit monitor.

I don' think this feature was ever enabled in Windows on the Geforce line of cards but was in Linux. Nvidia killed off the Geforce to Quadro hack long ago.

And since the greater majority of people here also lack 10bit monitors its all a moot point.

Its a placebo effect in my opinion.

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Yes! That's right, I do remember linux being mentioned and the HP DreamColor range for 10 bit.

I use a Dell 10 bit...was about 2K cheaper :)

9. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Sorrie If I arose something out of nowhere, I just found this out on my own time, I never went into forum on this topic, sorrie.

10. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio

11. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
  12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Quadro drivers have the power of the cloud.

13. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Somebody asked NV and they replied: they're the same.

14. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    not this again.......

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I good while back Quadro's definitely gave sharper colours. Nowadays i dont really know if there is any difference between drivers as i dont really look for it. However most Quadros in my experience still offer a smoother experience generally with higher minimum frame rates over WHQL's. Its not always this way but the last few sets of Quads have been smooth.

Even when i thinkback over the years of all the smoothest drivers that i used they were all Quadros.

16. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    What he said!

EDIT: Sry, what I meant to say was.Quadros in years past were better at giving Geforce users better image quality than the later ones as of a couple of years I'd say.From what I've noticed is that Quadro sets now give that crisp image from the get go, meaning all control panel and profiles at default.Turning on AF + Texture Filtering to HQ, you'd see no difference.With Geforce, doing the same in control panel or inspector gives you the same image quality as the Quadros.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  17. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    yah same here... by the way r u using 320.49 quadro drivers?