Possible ideas for future Afterburner functionality upgrades

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaXelliX

RaXelliX Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    Sorry if this has been aswered before. Atleast inthread search turned up nothing.
    Is there a plan to add pre-recording (also known as loop recording)?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Yes.

3. RaXelliX

RaXelliX Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    Thank you. Will test it once available.

4. Trilogy94

Trilogy94 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 285 SLI
    About CPU monitoring, I would like to monitor a general value of the CPU temp, like when we check it in the BIOS or hardware monitor (I believe it is the IHS Temp) instead of monitoring cores or threads. Its kind of annoying to see 8 CPU Temps in the overlay and not knowing which one to choose in case I want only one to be displayed

5. Avi

Avi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 Classified 4Gb
  6. Unwinder

No. Unlike Intel who provide QuickSync SDK freely for any developer NVIDIA require developer to purchase some sort of license key from them to be able to use NVENC. So bye bye NV.

7. Avi

Avi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 Classified 4Gb
    I'm sure you've looked into it, but I could not find that anywhere in the license and, just for kicks, I downloaded the NVIDIA VIDEO CODEC SDK v 3.0 and didn't seem mention of a cost in the READMEs. The nvEncoder and the API seems to be included in the download. Do they provide and then charge before you use it?

8. Unwinder

Google "NVENC license GUID", it will give you links to discussions in various developer related places. You can download SDK, you can use parts of if using CUDA based H264 encoding but you cannot build an application using NVENC hardware acceleration without having a license key that needs to be purchased from NVIDIA. In previous SDK versions application developer needed to explicitly specify his license GUID during video encoding application, now the license checking is moved to driver.

Give a read to something like this thread (starting from page 2):

http://obsproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5036

9. Avi

Avi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 Classified 4Gb
    That is a royal shame.

Thanks for explaining, Unwinder, and we can always hope they come to their senses. They'll sell more cards if more apps exist, I reckon.

10. MOE

MOE Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX770
    How about a combined graphs for GPU's and another for CPU's but using different color lines to differentiate which is which. seeing 2 gpu clocks, mem's, volts etc and 8 cpus and temps can get very confusing at times.

11. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    What about a 64 bit version of MSI afterburner ?

12. Simplex

Simplex Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti
    Nextgen consoles are x64 so there will be more and more games with x64 executables. Battlefield 4 is the first, Watch_dogs will also have 64 bit and CoD: Ghosts too. I predict that more and more people will start to request 64bit support for the overlay.

13. Harry Lloyd

Harry Lloyd Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4070
    The x64 version of RTSS does not need to have all functionality available right away. There are other tools that can be used for recording.

All we need right now is support for hardware monitoring OSD, it is extremely useful, as is the framerate limiter.
    Pretty much every game will now have an x64 executable, and I cannot imagine not being able to use the OSD.

14. liquidclown

liquidclown Guest

GPU:
    MSI 760 Gaming
    No FPS issue when running games from secondary hard drive

Not sure if this is a bug or it just doesn't work but If I play a game that is installed on a secondary hard drive Afterburner will not show the FPS. Every thing else works fine. If the game is installed on the primary drive it works fine. I have tried installing the afterburner on my secondary drive and running it from there and it does not work that way ether.

15. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Implement Push-To-Talk key like in every other application, instead of Push-To-Talk hotkey

16. MaTrek

MaTrek Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X 3gaming
    Some utility which identify and show you your memory brand in your Graphic card... could be
    in the MSI AB ..its usefull to easy know what vbios is not for your mem.

17. TheFireNation

TheFireNation Guest

GPU:
    Msi R9 270x Gaming 2G
    64 game support

18. anDrasch

anDrasch Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Whistleblower told me that there is something like that :3eyes:

19. suren

suren Guest

GPU:
    8gb
    Interesting thread.

20. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    You can see this is the first post from him, so you know, they don't like to use search function....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.