Pl help Having many probs with conroe

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by compunut, Jul 30, 2006.

1. compunut

compunut Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7900GT SLI
    well first of all i had got my conroe X6800 just today morning
    and i had installed everything and double checked everything before turning on the power
    now the probs are:
    1. The monitor doesnt switch on(the LED is blinking thats all)
    2. Once it somehow switched on and next it says disk boot error please enter system disk(i am using my old HDD with WinXP pro installed and working)
    so pl help anyone me desperate to make it work

2. Preachergeek

Preachergeek Guest

GPU:
    MSI 8800gtx @ 655/950
    Erm...Seems like a tricky one to me. I'm basically just posting this to bump it up for you. I have no real practical knowledge on things like this.

I can suggest that you doubly check all the psu connections to everything, as something may have become unlodged in installation, although the hd thing has little to do with this. Sorry i cant help more, but someone else should be able to.

3. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Is your hdd spinning? It should do a little vibration, so it's really easy to see is it really working or not :)
    If he is working, then go to your bios,look is your HDD recorgnized by BIOS or not.. if yes, then look into disk boot section or boot devices, boot order..etc.(I dunno how is it called in your bios, but there must be something like that), verify that your HDD is selected as primary boot device.

4. Don_Won

Don_Won Master Guru

GPU:
    evga GeForce 8800GTX (650/2100)
    I had a similar problem once. I just checked the thing makler told you about. unfortunately it didn't work. Then I just reinstalled my Windows.

By the way, check if your hdd is selected as master (jumpers) that's the only thing that comes to my mind...

5. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    So this was an existing system and you just upgraded the cpu? Or are you assembling the whole thing fresh?

6. TV addict#2

TV addict#2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EvgaGtx680+HPLP-3065
    nice cpu,you could try clearing the bios memory

7. compunut

compunut Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7900GT SLI
    well i double checked all the connections again
    yes the HDD is vibrating and is recognized by the BIOS and set as the primary master
    well some parts like the RAM are old but the proc, mobo, PSU etc are all brand new
    and still no working
    so some other solutions pl??

8. Zephren

Zephren Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 7600 GT
    Did you have multiple hdds in the computer that the old hdd came from?

9. compunut

compunut Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7900GT SLI
    my old Raptor X i tried to use
    and even now im using the same HDD and it works fine

10. Zephren

Zephren Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 7600 GT
    Ok, so you had more than one HDD in your old computer?

If so, then the master boot record may have somehow been placed on another hdd. This actually happend to me, but I'm not sure how. The solution to it is to boot your computer with a Windows XP cd in your cd drive, just don't start the windows installation. When ever I turn my computer on I have to do this.

Try that and see if it works.

11. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 9300M GS
    Looks like it's just your hard drive config - Reinstall Windows on that drive and you'll be fine (just boot from an XP CD)...

:)

12. compunut

compunut Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7900GT SLI
    okay then
    i will reinstall win XP and then try it out

13. peitro

peitro Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 m
    reinstal u o.s. ,same prob. with my pc

14. compunut

compunut Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7900GT SLI
    ok then
    i will be online using my bro's laptop and try to reinstall the OS

15. Phalkon30

Phalkon30 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 GT @ 420x1175 /water
    If you're upgrading the motherboard, then you'll most likely have to reinstall windows or at the very least do a repair.

Also, make sure you have everything set correctly in the BIOS. It sounds like its not booting from the hard drive. Make sure the HDD is set to be the primary boot.

Also, as others have said, make sure your jumpers on your hard drive are set correctly. That could be causing it to not boot.

16. Snooper

Snooper Master Guru

GPU:
    2xASUS EN7800GTX
    I would see if there is a BIOS upgrade for your motherboard and using your old CPU install it also make sure your motherboard supports those new chips then after updating the BIOS clear the CMOS and start the PC with the new CPU and see if it works.

Also might try unplugging everything from the motherboard like sound card if you have more than one stick of ram remove the others unplug HDD/CD/Floppy etc any 3rd party I/O cards other than video and if that works just start plugging things back in one at a time.

17. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    Which motherboard did you install the Conroe CPU on? If it's the Intel D975XBX, it may not be compatible with the Conroe CPU?

18. compunut

compunut Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7900GT SLI
    well had got a new board with rev 304 for my conroe and my old one i stil use for my EE955
    and the jumpers of the HDD are indicating primary master with HDD set as the primary boot device in BIOS
    and i reinstalled winXP then tried, this time montor prob solved thank god(thank you all would be better):):) but the disk boot error still persists and i tried writing a new boot record into the primary partition of the HDD but to no avail

19. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 9300M GS
    Hmmm... is that an IDE hard drive or an S-ATA drive? Did you install the S-ATA drivers properly during Windows setup, if it's the latter?

20. compunut

compunut Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7900GT SLI
    SATA drive
    yeah the drivers were succesfully installed during win XP setup