OSD showing on VMWare application despite being turned off in application profile.

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Squidmaster7, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Squidmaster7

Squidmaster7 Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Hi all, I use RTSS and Afterburner for games. For work, I frequently use VMWare Horizon to log into a remote desktop. I guess VMWare Horizon is using DX11 so it triggers RTSS to hook in and display the OSD.

I have added an application profile for VMWare and turned the OSD Support toggle to Off. Despite this is keeps coming up. My first thought was that the .exe I had selected was wrong, (vmware-view.exe) but I am 99% sure this is the correct .exe after some investigation. Does anyone know what may be causing this? Thanks!

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That is not correct EXE, there are no other cases.

3. Squidmaster7

Squidmaster7 Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Thanks Unwinder. If I right click on the desktop shortcut im using : 'VMWare Horizon' and look at the Target it takes me me to "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Horizon View Client\vmware-view.exe"

I have doubled checked the path that I am using in RTSS and that OSD support toggle is switched to OFF. I have even checked this by looking at the process in task manager and opening the file location. It is the same .exe.

Not trying to imply that there is an issue with RTSS. I know you aren't here to provide support so I don't want to bother you by asking for any troubleshooting support. I just wanted to see if any other community members had run into this and had a solution.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Once again, you've selected WRONG exe. When RTSS is active and your desired application is running, you may always <Ctrl>+<Shift> and click <Add> to see exact name of currently hooked EXE and automatically add an exception for it. And it was discussed and explained a few times before, so you could use the search to solve this "issue".

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    add horizon_client_service.exe and set hook detection to none.

VM Ware hosts its VM process inside a service instead of listing it in the process tree.

Unwinder likes this.
  6. Squidmaster7

Squidmaster7 Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Thanks Astyanax. This worked for me. Unwinder mentioned that it was the wrong .exe but I didnt know where to begin to find the correct .exe, even after searching the web for a bit. Question answered.