Official GeForce Hotfix 353.12

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC
    Still getting the exact same issues as before. With G-SYNC Windowed Mode enabled, it's being forced onto programs like Paint.net... Still.

2. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Card is stock, no extra overclock (main reason I bought the card, sick of fiddling with OC's).
    Setting "Maximum pre-renderded Frames" to 1 seem to stopped the TDR's.
    Yet previous drivers I've had no issues with, didn't need to make any changes.

Edit:
    With the new DDU I tried these drivers again, and behold they actually worked, no messing with profiles, leaving them as default and no TDR in Witcher 3.
    Maybe the old DDU was missing some files IDK.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  3. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    980 G1 is a great card. Even when I oc to 1530mhz I don't see much difference so I personally leave at stock.

4. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    I've been using DDU and guess it's possible the previous release may missed removal info. I'll try the latest DDU version (Version 15.3.0.0) to see if there is any difference.

Edit: No difference after fresh install of 353.12 and still getting "Display Driver stopped working" error. Then manual install in Control Panel --> Device Manager of 347.88 (display driver only) and everything works fine with no errors.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015

5. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Ok I think I've nailed it.

I saw this problem back when the GTX980 first came out, it's to do with the PhysX driver.
    Now I did a clean install of these drivers today, had a crash during Witcher 3, not a TDR just a crash back to the desktop.

With all the talk about Witcher 3 physx use I thought I would test it out.
    Batman Arkham Origins I have found to be the best to test Physx, and well the physx wasn't working at all, set to CPU or GPU didn't matter, the objects didn't move.
    I didn't even have the option to set Physx to High in the settings.
    This was Déjà vu of last years GTX980 launch driver problem.

So I uninstalled the included PhysX and manually installed the stand alone downloadable version.
    Restarted.
    PhysX working, no crashing.

I suggest anyone have TDR's to double check if their physx is actually working correctly.
    None of the testing programs (fluidmark etc) picked it up, Batman AO and Metro LL seem to be the best.
    Batman AO physx objects don't move or are black, Metro LL will crash (these are in the benchmarks), make sure your physx is set to the highest possible setting.

Oh I will add this PhysX installation problem doesn't happen to everyone or all the time, I installed these drivers 5 times, 1 time the physx installed correctly the rest it didn't.
    Manually installing is the best bet.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  6. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Thanks for your findings.Have not had driver issues but i have been skeptical over the years of how many pieces of software Nvidia has been adding on to the driver package.Installing physx manually afterwards and the standalone no less, I think I'll go back to doing it like that again, thanks.

7. HRF_math026

HRF_math026 Guest

GPU:
    TRI-SLI GTX970
    No change for me!

Rog swift PG278Q, G-sync is actived on desktop. :bang:
    No pb in game

8. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    So, not sure if this was there before, but I *think* after patch 1.05 there is a new dll in the directory: GRB_1_1_api3_x64.dll.

Its properties say it's the 'GPU accelerated Rigid Body' dll. Question is then... like with the APEX_ClothingGPU dll, is setting Physx to CPU going to be better for this, or GPU if it's more demanding? :)

9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    use the latest DDU install 353.12, the freeze straight away occurred. if got 347.88 as base the issue can last longer. definitely something wrong with the driver...

10. evgenim

evgenim Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3070 OC
    Disable "Enable G-SYNC globally" in NVIDIA Inspector and restart.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Had a full machine reset again with these earlier, hope this cr4p gets fixed soon, last 4+ drivers have been terrible

12. HRF_math026

HRF_math026 Guest

GPU:
    TRI-SLI GTX970
    Wow, so simple thank you :)

13. diamond-optic

diamond-optic Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW+
    GTA V gets a bit sluggish and choppy for me with these drivers after 20-30 minutes. And sometimes the textures and stuff seem to just stop loading after a little while.

Like for example, I went to do the FIB raid and when I got to the FIB building the textures were all black, the front doors were missing, there was no peds inside the entrance, and the interior textures were just all black. Exit the game and restart it, FIB building back to normal, but 20-30 minutes later the same thing was happening somewhere else.

Also getting points where the FPS drops down to the teens for no reason and alt+tab / alt+enter a few times seems to return it to normal

Might go back to 350.12 if I dont feel like trying anything else

14. HRF_math026

HRF_math026 Guest

GPU:
    TRI-SLI GTX970
    In fact, it completely disable the G-Sync. I only seek to disable the desktop.

Actualy, G-sync is actived full desktop and permanent :3eyes:

Only drivers 347.88 is good for G-sync

15. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Does not work. Red light still ALWAYS on on desktop (Rog Swift) with any driver after 347.88.

Nvidia have seriously lost their **** in the last few months with their drivers

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Still ok here, not a single TDR yet.. Day 5-6 now.

In MSI ab monitoring I raised polling rate to 4000ms from 2000-3000ms, so maybe its something with that too like someone else mentioned it , had it @ 3000ms last time with 353.06 (2nd - 3rd day TDR @ forums)..
    Although I didnt run it in background much.

Also GTA5 ran ok too with these, 60fps msi AB rtss limit + vsync + direct input = pure smoothness. :)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Default polling rate for AB is 1 sec (1000ms) .

18. Franz

Franz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970 Windforce OC
    i get many crashes and restore driver in warframe. the game uses physx. back to 347,25 and its better but get crahes in void also. And because i play assassin's creed unity. There is a bug in all helix-missions not showing correct. not repaired since 347.25. last driver 353.12 very very unstabel and get computer systemfreezes. had to reset.
    I noticed, that the unstable crashes and freezes are only in warframe and i set in physx from auto (what commented as to be best) to physx set to my GPU. I noticed only one crash of the game in 24 hours. Thats much better now.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  19. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Why is that a problem?

20. HRF_math026

HRF_math026 Guest

GPU:
    TRI-SLI GTX970
    G-sync not useful on the desktop. Uses for nothing

Just available for application 3D is good