Oculus Quest 2 Update Offers 120 Hz Support, Wireless PC streaming

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 15, 2021.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Not games or MMOs, but apps, a subscription service for apps, basically GaaS but for apps. lol

2. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I mean, by all means you can go buy the Index for three times the price. Why not. You'll be getting lower resolution for that price but wider fov. You'll also have to deal with setting up your sensors. You will never be wireless and you'll have overall a lot less crisp experience.

At the end of the day, for me, resolution is the first thing I look at. Even if I had limitless budget, I'd never buy an Index. Thanks but no thanks, I don't want to see pixels everywhere. Especially not if I have to pay 3x the price of a Quest 2.

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Its facebook. Shitty ***** social media.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400

If it works for you then more power to you, but i already own the Vive so i only need the Index headset itself, and in a heartbeat i will take a headset that actually works and fits my IPD over one that has only 3 fixed settings, as this for me is what has killed the Quest II as my IPD is outside those fixed three settings, so all i get in the headset is a blurry image with glare caused by the fact i can't fine tune the headset to my IPD requirments, one of the many dumb decisions that FB made on the QII. ;)