NVidia SLI Guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jul 28, 2013.

1. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    i have no luck with Resident Evil 7,i cant find a working bits.is anyone has one?

2. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Is it dx11 or dx9?

Nevermind, it's dx11, I rember I put my reshade config with dxgi naming in it ;)
    I find nothing yet, will investigate in the weekend.

3. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    i have tried many bits,none of them works properly

4. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    This is UE4, right?
    You might want to try "0x080020F5" with TAA disabled.

5. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    its not UE4,its their own engine,which was developed for resident evil if iam right.

6. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    No its not UE4,its their own engine,which was developed for the resident evil.

7. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Anyone found SLI flags for Skyrim SE?? Now that I have loaded a lot of visual mods I get parts where it can't hold 60fps anymore on a single 1080. Would be awesome to actually use my 2nd gpu for a solid 60fps everywhere.

I finally found flags that has no visual bugs at all... however there is negative scaling and runs a bit worse compared to a single GPU. I'm not sure what other bits I should change to try to improve scaling at this point. Messed around trying different bits randomly and nearly everything else I tried ended up with flickering shadows or messed up Bloom.

0x080001F5

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. xxx73

xxx73 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Sli
    Anyone found something working for Cities Skylines?
    I see that there is many posts about this on internet and many suggestions but nothing seem to work consistently.

9. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I don't own Cities: Skylines, but regarding other Unity engine games I have had success in using the -force-d3d9 launch option and using the basic "0x02400005" profile.
    A good example is Dead Effect 2, which I tested a while back:
    https://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=11134394&postcount=2322

Could you please list all your settings and resolution?
    Cities: Skylines is well known for being quite CPU limited at lower resolutions.

Which DX11 SLI profiles did you actually try, and did you see any scaling at all?
    Screenshot comparisons with FPS numbers would be useful to clear all of this up (Single GPU vs. 2-way SLI).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  10. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Anyone got a working profile for RE7?

11. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    i tried a lot of different bits for the hunter call of the wild,and the killing floor 2 bits scaling well but its flickers like hell.all the other bits was worse.the game use the next generation of the avalanche engine(just cause 3).any idea?

12. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    @remicius

This is at 4K resolution?
    Could you please post all your settings, as well as single GPU vs. 2-way SLI performance numbers?
    It could be possible, that one of the more simple AFR1 modes might do the trick.

Try out "0x000000B5" and "0x080000B5".

13. Neorwin

Neorwin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 ti SC SLI
    Hello, everyone.

I'm new here, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are better sli bits for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 then this one "0x281080F5" found by Zyrusticae over on Steam Discussions. The game is using an updated DX11 version of the Dragon Ball Xenoverse [Street Fighter IV Engine (highly modified)]. Zyrusticae's bits give 100% most of the time but isn't perfectly scaling/syncing a-cross the two cards, cause a slight stuttering/frame pacing issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  14. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Short of actually buying all of these games and testing them myself, I can't say anything for sure.
    But Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 seems to be running on UE4, at least according to the PCGamingWiki.

So I would suggest one of the more "critical" SLI bits.
    Essentially "0x080080F5", "0x080020F5", "0x080040F5" or "0x080010F5" would typically be good candidates.
    If that fails, you can also try out just "0x080000F5" or combine this profile with the "Unknown" SLI function "0x00A06746" set to a value of "0x00000020".
    Sometimes such aggressive profiles can break TAA though, so I would suggest testing with just native 3840x2160 resolution and FXAA to begin with.

However on a completely general note, it really isn't very helpful when people just post random undocumented profiles from the Steam forums or other "suspect" sources.
    I suggest everybody reading this post instead have a look at a small SLI guide I wrote a while ago:
    General information on advanced SLI bits

It isn't exactly complete yet, and needs to be updated in a few places.
    But it should explain the "basics" of using and testing more advanced SLI profiles.
    This "guide" can also be found linked under the SLI categories in my master list spreadsheet:
    NVIDIA compatibility bits master thread and IQ guide

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  15. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    Many thanks for the suggestion.

So,in single gpu mode i have 38-46 fps and 95-99 gpu usage(disabled AA via cfg and shadow on High,everything else on max).with the killing floor 2 bits its gives a rock solid 60fps(with AA and shadows on ultra) and gpu usage is between 75-85 on both gpu.i am going to try the bits you suggested and ill be back with the results.thank you

16. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    so the 0x000000B5=bad performance and terrible flicker

0x080000B5=the best so far,good scalling and no flickering,but there is some shimmer on some trees and shadows.

maybe the SLI broadcast option and dx11 hacks option in the NV inspector can do something to solve this shimmering?

17. Neorwin

Neorwin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 ti SC SLI
    Thank you for your help but it does seem as tho the bits that Zyrusticae over on Steam Discussions came up with work as well and better than these ones. It would seem that they used your guide, just added bits #20 and #29 to "0x080080F5" making it "0x281080F5" and giving about 20 to 30 fps more than the for menaced bits with the same or maybe better scaling. "0x080020F5", "0x080010F5" and "0x080000F5" with "Unknown" SLI function "0x00A06746" on cause flickering. "0x080040F5" works without flickering but bad syncing, "0x080000F5" by it's self works okay but "0x080080F5" works better with better scaling and syncing, but all in all "0x281080F5" still seems to give the best of both.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  18. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    @remicius

Very interesting about the "0x080000B5" profile.
    This is essentially just the basic AFR2 profile "0x080000F5", with one SLI function disabled.
    What kind of "shimmering" are you talking about exactly?

You could try and disable further SLI functions using the bit value editor in Inspector to attempt to solve this, i.e. 0x08000005.

@Neorwin

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "syncing" to be honest, but perhaps you could provide some screenshot comparisons of the different profiles with FPS numbers.
    Only then might I be able to figure out exactly what kind of SLI functions are needed, and which are redundant.
    I suspect something like 0x081000F5 or 0x280000F5 might be sufficient.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  19. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti

20. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Ah OK, now I understand.
    This is what I would call "shaky vegetation".

Normally the solution is to disable certain aggressive SLI functions, but with this engine it might be different though.
    Try 0x08000005, which is just basic AFR1 mode with only bit #27 enabled.