nVIDIA RTX Voice works without RTX GPU here's how

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by David Lake, Apr 22, 2020.

1. kagamiseki

kagamiseki Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750m
    Hey guys, want to thank you for posting this, working on Lenovo y510p, GTX 750m
    Edit: Not working after all, no sound/muting problem

I ran into two problems, and corrected them.
    1. Initialization Failed (no speaker/mic present?)

In my case, I did not have anything show up in my Playback Devices under the Sound menu.
    Opening Device Manager, the NVIDIA RTX Voice Audio Device appeared under [Sound, Video, and Game Controllers] but said "Windows could not verify the digital signature... ..."
    Fix: I followed this guide to temporarily disable Driver Signature Enforcement
    https://www.wintips.org/how-to-fix-...s-file-error-in-windows-8-7-vista/#solution-2
    Afterwards, the NVIDIA RTX Voice audio device appeared in my playback devices.

This needs to be done every time you want to use RTX Voice. It is possible to permanently disable Driver Signature Enforcement, but the security risks are not worth it to me.

2. Unable to start microphone denoising
    As others have mentioned, this can be solved by updating the video card driver.
    Windows Update will NOT give you the latest driver.
    GeForce Experience will NOT give you the latest driver.
    Probably.
    Go here: https://www.geforce.com/drivers
    And use the MANUAL Driver search in order to find the latest version of your GPU drivers.
    In my case, I was able to update from v331 up to v421, but only by manually searching.

Hope this helps, I made an account just to give back to the community. Great mod.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Inovaion likes this.
  2. Theo Lubbe

Theo Lubbe Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 4GB
    Just chiming in to say even with a forced installation of the 431.60 drivers (highest for this card is 391.35, I believe), the GT430 1GB doesn't seem to work for RTX voice.

This is also with a full installation of the latest CUDA toolkit. Attempting to enable denoising on input/output both result in the 'cannot denoise' error. I may have missed it in the thread, but I didn't find where the program stores its logs, so I cannot check what those say the problem was.

For now I'm going to attribute this to an issue of the maximum CUDA support level provided by the Fermi cards.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    lol funny.

there is no functional code for fermi in any 400 driver what so ever.

4. Theo Lubbe

Theo Lubbe Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 4GB
    I can say I did a non-clean install on top of the 391.35 (or w/e it was) driver already installed for the card, but it installed without any error messages - but that would obviously explain why there's no change going from the one driver to the other, since nothing would have actually been 'added' in the process :V

Judging by the driver version reported by speccy (23.21.13.9135), the drivers actually *used* by the card might not have changed at all, since they're still on 391.35 after all.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    190x and later will automatically revert you to a working driver if the one you install is in error state.

trying to install 4xx on fermi will result in the device being code 33 or something.

6. Theo Lubbe

Theo Lubbe Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 4GB
    I wonder abour that, as I was on 1903 when I tried out one of those fake GTX1050Tis, which uses some 500-series chip, and identifying as a 1000-series card it had the then-latest driver install which was definitely higher than 391.35.

In any event, I tried this 'forced installation' so any potential *file* dependencies could get thrown into relevant directories, to rule those out. I haven't yet tried using the fake-GTX1050Ti and am unlikely to as my GT430's PCI-E connector got cut to fit a PCI-E 1x slot, which I'm not doing to the other card; and I can't use my second PCI-E 16x slot with my NVMe connected, so...

Attached Files:

7. loominator

loominator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    In windows 7 there was an option in the sound settings for the microphone for 'noise suppression'. This worked even without a hefty video card. In windows 10 for some reason this disappeared. Such a downgrade, though they could always add it back in later, like powertoys.

Re: RTX Voice, Haven't noticed any difference yet in recording qualtiy (for microphone recording) for GTX 1060.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  8. Arinoki

Arinoki Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 1GB
    Hello, anyone with creative audiocard? I use X-Fi Xtreme Gamer and seems this doesnt work with it. Onboard audiocard disabled via bios, so this shouldnt be a problem. When i choose nvidia mic in, for example, discord - it acts like i have no mic at all.

9. rza

rza Guest

GPU:
    Nividia 980 TI
    I have installed this, as soon as I put the noise supression on my mic cuts off and doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i believe it only works on mono and right channel microphones

11. Neos921

Neos921 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Hello,
    I have correctly installed RTX Voice with a GTX, it works, I just have a little problem, when I play once in an Apex legends server, my voice is strange, robotized and cut, not in the queue, just when I enter a game and it becomes normal when I leave the game. I looked everywhere for a solution but I can't find it. I stream (streamlabs obs) and my voice encounters the same problems on my streaming twitch rendering only when I am in the servers, so I imagine that it is not the game but Windows which causes this. Thank you for your reply.
    I'm sorry for the understanding, I'm French, this is a translation. Ciao!

12. Clonedrome

Clonedrome Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4
    Thank you Guru3D,

The RTX voice implementation on my Palit GTX 1050 Ti Stormx 4GB works flawlessly. I am using an AMD Ryzen 5 2600, Gigabyte b450 aorus elite, 16GB DRR4 3200 MHz cl 16 Ram, 480 GB SSD on a Deepcool 550 power supply.

13. Marinello

Marinello Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 ti
    I installed RTX voice on my PC and tried every combination of file tinkering here in this post, but I couldn't find the problem I have: Every device shows up and I get no errors, the RTX device works when Remove background noise is off, but when I turn it on, it doesn't have sound. I can change volume on the main microphone, but whatever I do it doesn't output anything. Anyone have this error?

14. Razunter

Razunter Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I have the same issue with Apex on GTX 1080 Ti.

15. n1m1abc

n1m1abc Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Worked perfectly on GTX 1070 but temperature go up to 62 after start (NVIDIA RTX Voice) while idle !!

Attached Files:

16. Tr00per

Tr00per Guest

GPU:
    2x Gtx Titan 16gb

Hi I have Been trying this on my gtx titan for months and whenever i turn on noise suppression The nothing gets picked up can someone help
    thanks

17. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    What exactly is Voiceworks?

18. somerandomnick

somerandomnick Guest

GPU:
    nvidia 1080 ti 16gb
    First wanna thank everyone for they support,
    Secondly I did an account to tell anyone this:
    you need to delete this line inside RTXVoice.nvi to install latest RTX Voice
    Code:
    <string name="InstallBlockedMessage" value="${{title}} is not supported on your existing GPU. An RTX enabled GPU is needed for this application to run."/>
    GG

19. YTGoodFox

YTGoodFox Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    I am using my 1070ti and the rtx voice worked fine up to driver version 446.14. After switching to a newer version, above 446.14, I get artifacts in the course of its work, exactly when I go into games and start playing there, if I sit in the main menu everything works, but when I start playing it starts artifacting " roboticism ". If I install driver 446.14 back, everything works fine.

20. jopi303

jopi303 Guest

GPU:
    2x P6000
    I have 2 x NVidia Quadro P6000. After modifying the file as described in the start post, I get stuck at step 4 of the installer (Install section). There it simply says NVIDIA installer failed. So sytem check, license agreement and options are checked green.

Any tips?