Nvidia GeForce Hotfix Display Driver v361.60 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Jan 12, 2016.

1. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Try a high CPU & GPU load at the same time, e.g. Handbrake x264 + Kombustor.
    Is it stable for half an hour? Then it might not be the PSU. Maybe it's the same crash issue me and others have.

2. beseitfia

beseitfia Guest

GPU:
    SLI x2 MSI Gtx980 Gaming
    yes i already tried this and i had no problem at all...wich kind of crashes do you have?

3. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I haven't had any with 361.60 in TOR so far, so you might want to give them a shot to see if they work for you. Previous ones did give me TDR crashes, especially when playing Imperial characters.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is a mess.

5. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    hmm I get stutter now in 361.60 also i noticed LatencyMon getting high DPC around 200 where i should get 60-80 max on old drivers

6. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Well R361 puts more stress on system OC again.. Double check cpuv and ram timings.

R358 did also vs R355. Or R355 vs R350.

I was 100% stable with 4.6Ghz @ 1.234v and ram OC 2400MHz, but now with R361 I got a system freeze with buzz sound by GTA5 after 1 hr, had to raise cpuv for 0.003v back to remove that hard freeze.

8. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @beseitfia, yr psu is over-heating. trust me test with another new psu. same issue with my G-550 can't deliver enough power. i sold it to another user, never hear he got issue with his rig.

9. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I don't check latency, maybe someone else could comment but 343.06 and 354.56 Quadro drivers I've noticed are smoothest in general gaming and desktop atm, so most likely you are correct.

I try to 'make do' with the latest as they're supposed to be the most optimized.For intensive games like Witcher 3, certain areas 361 perform better.I plan to try 353.06 again after I'm done tweaking, I'm down to two more files that's the resources.ini and gc.ini.

I had to set CPU LLC up a notch to 1.29v at load to stop the black screens after 350.

10. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Is the 361 series at least worth it performance-wise? I'm still rocking 353.49 on Windows 8.1.

11. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I take it back. This didn't solve the black screens in 361.43. Less frequent but still there.

GPU driver isn't crashing when this happens either. Screen just goes black, then comes back several moments later.

WER isn't reporting anything when this happens either.

12. beseitfia

beseitfia Guest

GPU:
    SLI x2 MSI Gtx980 Gaming
    Do you have same dump reports after crashes? What's ntoskrnl.exe and win32kbase.sys means? Psu faulty?I tried to run whocrashed and told me that the crash was not an hardware issue but a software/driver problem...

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    What monitor do you have as this problem seems common amongst Dell displays.

I had this same issue but I believe it was caused by the Dell Display Manager software switching between colour modes. It may just be coincidence since the issue was intermittent but I have not seen the issue since turning that feature off. Disabling DDC/DI in the monitor settings is reported as another workaround since the DDM software will not work with that turned off.

Might work for you if you have a Dell display.

*UPDATE*
    I have not seen the screen blanking issue for a couple of days now and I played a lot of Resident Evil 0 HD Remake yesterday afternoon for example. Signs are, for me anyway, that it was the Dell software was the culprit.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  14. gassenn

gassenn Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    i have this problem when i turn off and some time after turn on, yesterday to solve i cleared cmos, no black screen yet

15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I have only entries in the Windows event logs saying "kernel power", just like the other persons affected.
    It looks like PSU failure, but it's probably a driver issue that causes hard crashes that make Windows unable to distinguish anymore between driver issue and power loss.

16. pesticle

pesticle Guest

GPU:
    980GTX 4GB
    This driver hasn't been too great for me.

Seems to give me weird issues but my browsers have been screwed up lately so I can't be too sure what the cause is.

All I know is I got a TDR with this driver and I haven't had one on any other driver since I switched to Windows 10.

I went back to the latest normal driver and it seems to be working better.

17. Chert

Chert Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060ti
    This driver has been more stable with no TDRs/black screens, and gpu/mem clocks are behaving as they should.

However, performance with this driver has generally been slower when compared to the previous one.

I guess NV traded some performance for stability with this hotfix driver.

18. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I'm using a Samsung TV as a monitor.

Strangely enough, after setting my global setting back to "Prefer Max performance" instead of adaptive and resetting with these drivers. It hasn't happened since I last posted.

19. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Never mind.

20. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Just installed these recently as I was trying to find something solid for windows 10 and giving Quadro 361.43 a shot. Black screen that tab screen fixes early in game sessions and one mem dump but healed and reboot was not required? 361.60 gave me the best bench since windows 8.1 353.30 which is good ;-) . Still looking for a rock solid driver in windows 10.

Regards