Nvidia Geforce 417.21 HotFix - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, Nov 29, 2018.

1. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Ahh I see, thank you.

Do I need the DCH driver? Am I missing anything if I don't use it?

thanks

2. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Now, would nvidia be so kind to release a hotfix and resolve these damn BSOD issues with Rise of The Tomb Raider + Corsair iLink/iCUE!

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Why is it Nvidia's problem if Corsair's program crashes your game?

4. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Well, it was working fine all the way up until 316.34. Nothing changed on iLink. It's happening to lots of folk, and with other games. What's it to you if you're not affected?

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Does it still work with 316.34? As you well know Link is dead and not being updated and iCue has had several updates. I have used both but disable them after making the changes I want then saving to the device. I then SHUT THE PROGRAMS DOWN because they are known to cause issues. Is that a good enough reason for you? Being directly affected?

6. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    No, it stopped working with 416.34 (typo'd 316 previous reply) and every single version released afterwards. E.g. 416.81, 416.94, 417.01 and 417.21.
    Same issue occurs with iCUE. I switched back to Link because iCUE hogs my CPU at 4% (and affects others too - https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/corsair-utility-engine-download-icue-download.420129/ )

Well, exiting the software keeps the profile on, but the fans drop rpm until I open it again. So not an option.

7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Can't you set the fan profiles in the bios and forget the software?

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    anyone running that corsair trash is going to have issues so long as they continue to use a generic hardware monitoring library (CPUID SDK) and not a device specific one.

9. BlackScout

BlackScout Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Tried out the UWD...
    [​IMG]
    Is that supposed to happen?

EDIT: Run DDU. :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  10. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Driver works fine

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Hotfix driver fixes the misreported memory data rate and Edge website issues for me so good on NVIDIA for getting this fix out so quickly.

12. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Just wondering: Do you guys think there is a difference between the UWD driver and the standard one? Is anyone bored enough to try it out?

13. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    You likely installed the DCH driver package that comes without the Nvidia Control Panel (it should technically prompt you to download and install it via Windows Store, but if you don't have permissions or have Windows Store disabled, it might not do that). Download the regular one.

14. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Has anyone tried the app version of NVCP? I mean, I'm not a fan of windows apps, but if it's the current NVCP but faster I'd be down to switch lol.

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's exactly the same.

BlackScout likes this.

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yeah...not sure what is going on. With 417.01, it was over 5 seconds just for the NVCP to load. This one is down to about 3 seconds. It used to be snappy when you'd right click on the desktop.

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    not using edge, not playing with color range, and i don't care about Nvidia Control Panel typo.

It's a pass for me on this one.

18. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Had to rollback, after installing these I got a black screen when playing a video in MPC HC, no picture just sound, I think it's related to the scaling options in Nvidia control panel, when I select scale to aspect ratio the video came back but MPC crashed as soon as I tried to resize the video or go fullscreen, had to end task as CPU load was through the roof.

Definitely something funky going on as everything is working normal again after reverting to 416.94.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Quake champions and all its issues..

Actually it's ingame tripplebuffer (doesn't always work by start) I have to alt+tab few times or in general FullScreen fault, sometimes it uses higher usage then it needs to.. if all is ok, it has the same 88-89% in lobby.
    I tried disabled fs optimizations, enabled, disabled dpi, enabled, all kinds of tweaks recommended around the web..
    This game is one big mess for me.

At first I thought it's TAA fault, now at this driver and ingame FXAA it happened again, this time by intro match screen when it shows all champions, fck this crap. Starting to hate it a lot -_-, I remember all was ok at first but after they fixed it for nvidia+intel or what ever they did 2patches ago, I started getting these random crashes. :mad::(

I'm done with this crap game, shame really. I really liked it.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  20. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    So far the best benching driver 417.21 for my system at default clock, for my the 1080Ti , the best OC driver 416.34.