Nvidia GeForce 306.97 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Seb1, Oct 10, 2012.

1. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    I'm getting stuttering with these drivers in BF3 too. it could be the recent armored kill patch's fault tho.

2. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Am I the only one that can't get this driver to install?

3. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Dunno, seems so. Besides i dont understand why they shouldnt install, assuming previous ones were working fine.

Hardware ids havent changed a bit, so they are the same as previous ones. I would likely exclude that your card isnt supported.

Have you performed a deep unistall? By running driver fusion in safe mode, selecting nvidia, and clean it?

If yes, try to disable any antivirus or other background programs and try again. If you get these type of errors its vital to perform a deep unistall using Driver Fusion or Driver Sweeper in safe mode.

Otherwise you may need to reinstall windows again.

4. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090

Thanks for trying it out. I narrowed it down to nvcp Override AA being the issue which I usually set to 8x (disabled in game). Funny how it happens only at 1600p with 306 drivers. Anyone know if the changed the profile and how i can change it back? Works 100% with 304.79 or older drivers

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012

5. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Yes I can confirm that it is a BUG !.
    I have X79 motherboard and running with nVidia X79 patch. In system information it too says Gen2 where as with the 306.23 drivers it did say Gen3.

GPU-Z however is reporting the cards running PCI-E 3.0 with the 306.97 driver :)

6. LeZaSh

LeZaSh Guest

GPU:
    gtx460 1gb soc @900/4000
    installed gpu-z 0.6.5 but it reporting 980mhz instead of 900mhz so i went back to 0.6.2 and all is fine

7. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    I don't know if this is driver related or not, but whenever I try to view http://www.channel4.com/programmes/fresh-meat/4od#3422134 and it begins to play, the monitor that has the browser (firefox 16.0.1) goes full screen static despite the video still being windowed, and if I printscreen it, it shows a capture of the screen perfectly with no static, it also seems to happen to any other video I tried on 4OD. I was clicking around on the screen and managed to make the static go away so I could watch the video fully with no problems, but upon refresh it did it every time. Other flash related things are fine, it's just every video I try from 4OD makes this happen. Using latest flash.

Could somebody check this for me please? Thanks in advance.

8. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090

Latest gpu-z is showing some seriously messed up core clocks for my 580's too

9. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    Great Drivers for all games i play atm, GW2 Dishonored and UT2004 (Trials :p), and they are pretty stable @ 1293mhz but i wonder did they changed something? The last drivers i could Oc to stable 1306Mhz was 301.42 :3eyes: i know optimizations and that things but just curious

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  10. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Finally got the dang thing to install, turns out my Kaspersky Anti-Virus wasn't playing nice with this driver, yet it allows all others, weird.

11. Danden

Danden Guest

GPU:
    Evga gtx 680
    Well they said these were about the same as 306.23 but i just upgraded and i get smoother gameplay and cooler temperatures. Tested with war of the roses, dota 2 and the witcher 2 enhaced edition :).

EDIT: even tho the 3dmark 11 benchmark score went down by like 300 points :p

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  12. Rookie

Rookie Guest

GPU:
    Asus 670GTX 2GB DirectCu2
    It can be HDD reading data...

13. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    if its not something changed within driver files itself, but just the profile, then you can install 304.79, and then export the diablo 3 profile with nvinspector.

then install the new driver and import the driver profile into the new drivers.

14. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    just had a bsod with when playing borderlands 2 on windows 8.

also had chrome open with flash going on in it.

could of been anything, never happened before when playing borderlands 2

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  15. m2896

m2896 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX5700
    WH40K Space Marine multiplayer game sometimes lags on 306.23 and 306.97. FPS don't drop, but the game runs like with low speed. When i played on 6950 there was no problem.

PS: The problem appears especially on "Basilica"(map).

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012

16. Orochi

Orochi Member

GPU:
    Msi Gtx 560 Ti
    These works spot on on my rig, win 8

17. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    No problems for me with Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 or 2013. Have you got any rules set up which may be interfering with it?

I used to disable my network and Anti-Virus anytime I do a driver update. But since my Windows 7 SSD install I've never done it, only for BIOS updates.

18. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

WOW LET'S FREAK OUT CAUSE HE MIXED UP THE CHIPSET. What I said is absolutely true for X79, but apparently Z77 should work fine at 3.0 by default. Seriously you guys think you're entitled to flame other PC gamers and alienate them because you're obviously so uber. Congrats kids.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17588-Nvidia-s-answer-to-x79-and-PCI-e-3.0

Statement from NVIDIA:
    "GeForce GTX 680 and GTX 670 GPUs support PCI Express 3.0. They operate properly within the SIG PCI Express Specification and have been validated on multiple PCI Express 3.0 platforms. Some motherboard manufacturers have released an updated SBIOS to enable the Intel X79/SNB-E PCI Express 2.0 platform to run at up to 8GT/s bus speeds. We have tested GeForce GTX 680 and GTX 670 GPUs across a number of X79/SNB-E platforms at 8GT/s bus speeds, but have seen significant variation in signal timing across different motherboards and CPUs. Therefore we’ve decided to only support and guarantee PCI Express 2.0 bus speeds on X79/SNB-E with our standard release drivers. Native PCI Express 3.0 platforms (like Ivy Bridge) will run at 8GT/s bus speeds with our standard release drivers.

Though we cannot officially support or guarantee 8GT/s speeds for X79/SNB-E, you can manually enable faster 8GT/s bus speeds (at your own risk) on GTX 680 or GTX 670 GPUs using the following executable: force-enable-gen3.exe

If you would like to revert back to 5GT/s bus speeds you can do so by running the following command from the DOS command line: “force-enable-gen3.exe –revert”

You will need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect.

Click here to download force-enable-gen3.exe"

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And why is AMD 7000 series ok with pcie 3.0 @ X79? Go figure. :nerd:

Imo Nvidia got scarred and disabled it for X79, also this is ooold news.

Btw it was enabled with 300.89 and they disabled it in later drivers..

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  20. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    can i do it for z68 mb?