NVIDIA GeForce 304.48 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Jun 18, 2012.

1. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    tried on mp3,skyrim,sniper elite and all smooth as can be keepers,an welcome to g3d andyb

2. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Why miss out on a good driver? Just because it's not "quadro" certified? Thats a little ridiculous... its not like the quadro drivers are flawless the quadro 302.81s crashed on Max Payne 3 and BF3 for me...

3. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ran a quick Batman:AC bench before work this morning and got 74fps vs. 62 fps on the last set of WHQL drivers. Haven't had time to actually try the game though.

4. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    how the hell do you get skyrim to run smooth?

my GPU's are under no strain and FPS is solid - but smooth skyrim is not! I have tried a bunch of tricks, including borderless window and capping the fps etc but I still get annoying stutters in SKYRIM.

I use xbox 360 controller and when I pan 360 degrees at a steady pace it keeps seemingly SKIPPING frames and jolting.

It is a real pain - any tips?

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Maybe it's an SLI related problem since Skyrim runs buttersmooth for me (with 301.30 and .42).

Will try these now :) I'm so excited!! The question is, install on top or clean drivers first? Any tips?

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm glad to see they've fixed the clock issue on factory OC cards. Just yesterday my cards were stuck on 203mhz which made Half Life 2 lag! lol!

7. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Its all imaginary i think, one says they have stutter then they all have it lol

8. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Humorous.. but it is listed in the patch notes that there was a legitimate problem with VSync stutter.. There is a gigantic thread on NVidia Forums.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Maybe the fix is a Jedi Mind Trick, "You don't notice a stutter with Vsync on." :banana:

10. tfarber77

tfarber77 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    Anyone test these out out with Diablo 3? I'm using a Mid-2010 Mac Book Pro with 330M GT 512MB and still suffering from massive FPS slowdowns in battle and constant stuttering :confused:

11. Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX-980 Gaming 4G SLI
    I've had two TDR lockups in BF3. Back to the older WHQL for me.:puke2:

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    nope runs great for me on my 580 sli

i always do clean.

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Sounds like your running out of Vram. Try turning Texture Quality to low, Shadow Quality to medium, Physics to low, and Clutter Density to off. Also make sure you tick that Low FX box while your at it.

14. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Yea i am trying them now lol
    they work good.

15. calderes

calderes Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 2Gb +170/+500
    Tried them out with Diablo 3. Seems to be the same as the 302.whatever windows 8 preview drivers. I'm running 4xmssa 4xsupersampling and quality AO, looks great. The tiny tiny stutter (I'd call it a skip) is obviously a network streaming issue on blizzard's side.

I tried with sparse grid super sampling via inspector and although it is by far the least jaggy - like no jag whatsoever - it just blurs things too badly. Even with forced negative lod bias.

Now I'm getting off topic but try "-1.5" LOD - maybe it's a placebo but I think it makes the demons/creatures look way better (or maybe it is just better AO since the patch).

That's all I had time for on my lunch break! =)

**EDIT**

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate btw.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

16. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I never had problems with half life 2. And I had an ancient geforce 5200 back then! :)

17. trevtrev19

trevtrev19 Active Member

I own a Alienware m14x r2 with a 650m but these drivers wont install even with the replaced .ini file from laptopvideo2go i get a blue screen, the latest drivers i can install (with a replaced ini file) is 301.42 ,, does anyone know when nvidia is gonna support 650m for alienware or... a good replaced ini file that works?

18. smokingbandit

smokingbandit Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX570 2x sli
    These drivers run great but having a strange problem
    running the beta of windows 8 also and having there the same problem with the 302.80 drivers as with this new set 304.48 in win7
    system wont go off and keeps restarting itself after shutdown:bang:
    installed the older 301.42 on win7 again and then its all ok and comp shutdown normal.
    ??

19. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    yeah i havent done anything special to make skyrim run smooth,like the above poster maybe its something with your sli wish i had a tip for you ArCElM,other then the fact that i use vsync

20. tfarber77

tfarber77 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    I've attempted every suggested fix/tweak under the sun: in-game adjustments, various drivers, throttle stop, process lasso, game booster, .ini tweaks, nvidia control panel adjustments, and many many other things...

NOTHING stops the stuttering or FPS drops during combat. A lot of other people on the Blizzard forums are complaining about this same issue as well- its not just me :bang: