Nvidia AA guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GanjaStar, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Nvidia inspector. Override app settings. DX11.

You should be able to force something (though as I said, AA support is awful). I know your card is DX10, so you should be able to.

2. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

dx9 overide for bc 2 is in the OP. transparency supermapling works in crysis without any AA overides. just use inspector.

3. RAB86

RAB86 Guest

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC
    Went ahead and reinstalled war for cybertron, that game has some god awful jaggies, almost worst than dead space was.

I tried a few of the compatibilties for ue3 and they didnt work, but I looked around and saw where someone put up a compatibility of 0x00000245 and it worked. Game looks significantly better.

4. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    great stuff! will put it it into the guide.

5. -=Seany=-

-=Seany=- Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    Anyone know what flags will work for Arma2 or Operation ArrowHead? These games used to be able to have AA forced through the driver before they added the Ambient Occlusion option to their profiles. I have tried multiple combinations of settings but I cant get it to work.

6. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    obvious question first, did you remove the enhance only overide thats on by default in the drivers?

ijust opend the default profiel and saw the AA is set to "aplication controled", or "enhance application" for arma 2.

7. Frizzle

Frizzle Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    soz, ignore this post. couldnt find a delete button :D

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  8. -=Seany=-

-=Seany=- Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    Yeah, by default the profile wont let you access Override settings so I reset that with Inspector, but no joy there.

9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Is there any AA profile for Rift that works faster then ingame Supersampling AA? Im pretty sure i saw it somewhere what to set, but cant find it now.

10. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Searching for it also, but no luck yet... :( Same engine as Warhammer online ? Gamebyro. not sure

11. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    your gonna have to test the known flags yourself guys. I do not have that game.

I would start with the newer flags such as dead space, bad company 2, timeshift+ the other newer flags shared by Guzz.

12. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Yes, its using gamebryo, just newer revision.

13. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Deferred rendering, MRT, and possibly other technologies are not compatible with antialiasing without workarounds.
    Look at the picture in wireframe mode, the main image consists of only two polygons, this means that the game uses a deferred renderer.
    [​IMG]
    Antialiasing works with bits 0x00400040 for the mini-map and a mobile phone, because they are superimposed on the image.
    noAA:
    [​IMG]
    8xMSAA:
    [​IMG]
    GTAIV on Xbox 360 so blurry. I do not think that there is a real MSAA, maybe the shader-based antialiasing like edge-detection.

Force the AA is only possible in Low Quality Renderer. Otherwise, with the current set of compatibility bits of antialiasing, it is impossible enable AA in this game.

14. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Guzz, can you do your magic on Halo 1? or is it the same as gta 4?

15. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    AA in Halo also does not work. By the way for halo.exe antialiasing turned off globally in the driver, not in the profile for the game, although it is possible in profile, but it does not appear in the Nvidia Inspector.

16. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Yea i figured as much, i've tried every single compatibility flag, but I as hoping you could cook up some new combo :)

17. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    But i think GRAW and GRAW 2 also DX9 games that use deferred renderer, and AA can be forced in these games using Nvidia Inspetor.

18. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    yeah, but for graw there are workarounds ;) So guzz is saying, its posibly doable, just not with the current drivers.

19. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    Yep, cool. :)

20. JollyJohan

JollyJohan Guest

GPU:
    gtx 480
    can you post or send the screenshots?

I'm trying for long now to make the AA work in bionic commando without succes. can you post or sent screenshots of the difference now that you've changed the flag?

Do you only have to change the flag or do you also have to change other settings in nvidia inspector to make it work?

thanks in advance for the answers.