Nvidia 196.21 WHQL Drivers released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by t1nsoldier, Jan 19, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

79 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

74 vote(s)
    33.2%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

70 vote(s)
    31.4%
  1. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    cozee,

where in evga precision is that clock testing function? i cant seem to see it. maybe it's because im using 1.9.0?

2. aduh

aduh Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    nothing can be done
    those new drivers aren't fix that problem
    it sux.

3. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Causing random BSOD's when alt-tabing ,0x0000003B system_service_exception

4. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    I had this happen to me last night and it was the first sytem crash I've had since I built this PC two years ago. I promptly installed older drivers.

5. k-1

k-1 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI SC
    For me these drivers crash batman aa, vlc player crashes, cyberlink powercinema crash and getting random BSOD. Gone back to 188.22 win7 x64.

6. Vichello

Vichello Guest

Anyone else getting low res image quality when viewing youtube videos in 720p or less AND in fullscreen ?
    1080p seems to work fine, nice and sharp HD image in fullscreen, but anytihng less and it's all low res in fullscreen :(

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

I've seen only a very few 720p videos that look anywhere near 720p quality. Plus running then in full screen is only going to highlight the poor quality.

8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    +1......

9. Vichello

Vichello Guest

Ah K cool, thats it then :D
    Sry, im not too familiar with HD

10. ElderTech

ElderTech Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX275
    Enough already with this crap Nvidia are you seriouse?? I normally do not like cheese with my whine but wtf....did they hire some new guy a year ago that is practicing creating drivers?

11. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    It has to do with Youtube, they have low quality HD video with low Bit raid.

I have 720P MKV movies on my computer and they look great on my FullHD LED LCD TV from Samsung, the UE40B6000.

Yes 720 Movies can look great, so long you have a Bitrate of about 5000 or more.

12. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    **** cant overclock using any software.

13. 3x3cUt0r

3x3cUt0r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G
    know issue, fixed in the last beta (196.34).

14. musa

musa Member

GPU:
    Palit Geforce GTX275
    Gah, Nvidia still hasn't fixed flat panel scaling at all!!:bang:

And they had the cheek to claim that they fixed the 4:3 screen stretching to widescreen issue in the release notes under Win 7 x64.

My old 4:3 games still stretch to fit my widescreen without any proper scaling at all...

Going back to 191.07. That's the only set that allows flat panel scaling for me.

15. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    This driver has been good to me so far. Right up untill I decided to install FO3 which I haven't played in a long while, probably since I had 182.50 installed. Now I get that lovely stutter that people talk so much about. Is there a workaround yet? What is the most recent driver that people recommend for FO3 on Windows 7?

16. Pedroshin

Pedroshin Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SC
    It's just partly gone.

You'll notice it's still there when ie playing C5M4_Quarters, finishing it, and then playing C5M5_Bridge.

Turn on SLI activity info bar. In console type "map c5m4_quarters", then "sv_cheats 1" and then "noclip". Finish the map quickly.

Then do a run on the bridge and look to behind you now and then, while paying attention the SLI bar. It'll pratically dip into no SLI activity, resulting in a noticeable mouse-lag + fps drop, unless you alt+tab or change a video option... I wonder if the 196.34 BETA have fixed this for good or not... I guess I'll give them a try..

EDIT: Or maybe not after reading comments of people with similar setups... I guess I'll just backup the BF2:BC, BS2 and ME2 profiles and install 191.07.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  17. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Um i just did a fresh install of Xp on my Quad Core and my GPU-Z is reading this from my 9800GT

[​IMG]

I don't OC?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  18. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    196.86 is out now. What are you still dicking around with 196.21 for? Go upgrade your drivers.
    :stewpid:

19. Atoll

Atoll Member

GPU:
    GTX 295 Dual PCB w/ bckpl
    186.18 or 188.25 afaik. The stuttering only appears when AA is enabled. I gave up and set AA to 0 and upgraded drivers because of BC2.

20. exaslave

exaslave Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560ti
    I got the same on stock speeds but I did thought it was only with the 196.75 drivers, in my case if I OC for example the shader clock only changes in 25MHz stages it could be due to that, the clocks being handled differently