Nvidia 196.21 WHQL Drivers released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by t1nsoldier, Jan 19, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

79 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

74 vote(s)
    33.2%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

70 vote(s)
    31.4%
  1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Are you just going to spam the board or give some more information as to what you might have done to resolve situation?

Basically, saying CAR BROKE FIX IT louder, isn't very helpful

2. jadium

jadium Active Member

GPU:
    NVATI
    Hi there, my 2 cents,

I used that set of driver during 1 week, without playing any game, i just tried to see a DVD yesterday...and guest what? my 8800GT is dead ...some artefacts appeared on screen and nice BSOD. Till no way to boot correctly, artefacts even at start and in the bios... . Coincidence? well let's say yes but i doubt that big time.

Driver that kill card by orverheating? sound like science fiction, but definatly a good option for nvidia to clean old cards market...

3. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    apparently there needs to be either a screening process to sign up or "I'm a utter noob with no useful input" section. I can't believe how many have been flooding the forums lately.
    On that note these drivers seem to be working just fine so far. I've been playing Red Faction Guerrilla and Age of Empires III with out any problems. It would be nice if the custom resolution i use to fit my hdtv was actually added to the resolution list in red faction. It does show up in aoeIII though

4. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    my 8800GT PhysX card idles @ 54c, while my 260 idles at 37-39. they must just run hot i guess.

5. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    yeah ive been reading about this too, but its a shame that my monitor only has 1 vga input, its a cheap 1080 lg 22 inch =(.

and yeah my 8800gt just runs hot, it was the first that came out, iguess first revisions justs sucked at heat disipation.

6. bloowhalez

bloowhalez Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270
    maybe it is pirated but the pirated version is byte for byte the same as retail. so his retail/pirated copy isnt broken, its his system, as ive been running ME2 since sun (1/24) with latest physx and drivers and no probs.

7. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    Do you have an old monitor lying around (or borrow from a friend)? You could plug that if for nothing but troubleshooting purposes.

8. Fatal1tyLT

Fatal1tyLT New Member

GPU:
    Palit GTS250 1024MB
    Sorry for asking, but can some one whose nvidia control panel is working, post "nvcplui" file from "Windows/System32/".(version 2.7.170.15 of that file is to old for new driver, that file version i think shuld be 2.8...

9. bloowhalez

bloowhalez Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270
    id upload it but you'd need a quantum harmonizer for it to work properly

10. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    Not sure this will be all you need but if you need another just say so. This file is located in C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client, at least on 64-bit Windows 7. If you need it for 32-bit someone else will have to post.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3503801/nvcplui_64_bit.rar

11. Fatal1tyLT

Fatal1tyLT New Member

GPU:
    Palit GTS250 1024MB
    windows7 32bit, please

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The 8 series cards run hot. They always have, newer series of cards can actually run at cooler temps.
    So, his temp of 60 for that card isn't that surprising really.

13. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Anyone else stuck at 3D clocks all the time with these drivers?

14. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    ive been using 191 quadro for months now with not 1 problem always going back after trying latest drivers on w7 64 however been using these for a few days and there fast and work spot on no problems on mw2 and shift with better fps than previous no clock problems working as they should good drivers

15. mikeyakame

mikeyakame Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 729/1566/2700
    Nup, 3D clocks work fine for me.

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Are you running dual monitors? If so, that is why. Its a function of the drivers.

17. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    I'm getting the opposite; one of my gpus refuses to goto 3d clocks during gameplay. Cannot force via control panel. Need to revert to another set I guess :(.

18. ElderTech

ElderTech Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX275
    In certain games my clock does not return to 2D mode after playing.. in certain games it does. I think it must have something to do with the coding?
    In Divinity 2 it stays in 3D mode after exiting until i reboot.( which btw is a great game that got ripped in the reviews.. I think its much better than Dragon Age Origins myself.. if you can run it maxed out it looks and plays beautifully)
    In Borderlands it returns to 2D on its own. etc. Cryostasis stays stuck in 3D while Fallout 3 returns to 2D mode after ..
    I am on a single panel and have the control panel set to single monitor performance mode with adaptive.
    I ended up finding the best performance back at the 190.38 drivers.
    I cannot get any of the releases past 191.07 to function correctly.
    191.07= BSOD, Blank screens, no temps etc. the worst one.
    all the rest are in variouse forms of disfunction from minor to major.
    I think there must be something about my exact set up hardware wise and 64 bit 7 as well as Vista that just does not get along with something they changed. something deff changed in the driver because previouse versions work perfectly.
    If this informs anyone working on understanding it here are my exact spec's.
    MSI X58 Platinum SLI/Xfire.. Core i7 920 ( no OC)
    Corsair TX750/12v rail 60A
    6 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1333 in tri channel
    Geforce GTX275 EVGA (no OC)
    Samsung HD501 Sata2
    Samsung Super writemaster
    Windows 7 HP 64 bit.
    I tried everything you can possibly imagine. and after 2 months have come to the conclusion yes it is the drivers. I have run driver sweeper, picked apart the driver install, tried disabling and inabling variouse features in control panel,different hardware, chipset drivers,BIOS setting even RMA'd the card and PSU once to be sure. after the 191.07 driver i could not get anything to function properly again and had to format. I'll stick with the 190.38 i think until something drastically changes.

19. cozee

cozee Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 260GTX x2Freezer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didnt have any probs overclocking or turning my fan upto 100% if needed and they held after a reboot

20. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    It seems that when I have my TV enabled as my secondary monitor the clocks stick at 3D and when I disable it they go back down to 2D clocks.

Oh well...

EDIT: HeavyHemi I just read your response and am now wondering why it is done this way?