NV4x softmodding with RivaTuner 2.0 RC15.1. Frequently asked questions.

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Currently just 5 of them in my field of view. One of them is installed on my PC. And at least 100 hardware locked reports.

2. HitMaker

HitMaker Member

GPU:
    HIS HD2900XT 512MB
    edit :D

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
  3. Seph82

Seph82 Guest

thought this was something like ati 9500->9700 (4 to 8 pixel pipelines), but i was wrong, success percentage here is very low..

4. Andy2211

Andy2211 Active Member

GPU:
    Point of View gf 6800
    there is also no way to get the rest of the pipes or the shaders?

5. nunchucka

nunchucka Master Guru

GPU:
    X1800XTPE

can i ask how many of those 5 are engineering samples?

6. glaerox

glaerox Guest

everytime when i want to gat my bios information i get this warning:

[​IMG]

is there a way to solve this problem?

(offtopic, first post: hello everybody!)

7. maddas

maddas Guest

I'm a stupid gamer

If people are getting the 16X1 and 6VP and none of them are masked that is good right? I read Unwinders FAQ 3 times and I still am confused about what is good and what is bad, as far as the bios report goes as opposed to what the NVstrap driver says. I have Gainward 6800GT GS and I just wanted to see if it was possible that the GT's could be missing a pipe here or there.

I read through the entire thread and I learned alot especially that that AlecRyben guy is an F'n A-hole. Come and talk to me Alec about your noob stress and in no time I will have you slittin your own throat putting an end to the misery. This forum is for helping people (noobs or otherwise) not a place to get a label from someone who appears to know more than, or can rapidly understand complex instructions faster and easier, than the average guy. Why are you cruising around in an FAQ if all you want to do is go "oh look how stupid everyone is" go f_ck yo_rself you vowel buyin cro-mag(reduced myself to namecalling). The Maha Guru moniker doesn't mean to me, what it used to. You are not helping ryben in fact you are detracting from people's current state of "helpedness" Why do you think that type of post would be useful? What possible message could anyone have gotten from that post, except that you are a very very small person on the inside... with little chance of growing. Alec your that little doggy in grandma's front window running along the top of the couch announcing your presence. We heard ya, now sit down son.

Go to the Mensa forums, where there are tons of people like you, so they can slam you for your ineptitude, Alec, I dare you...

sorry folks, couldn't help myself, too many of those guys still around... hopefully he'll get a visit from Mr. BadKarma soon. Man I got some pent up ****e, back to my Rasta session.

8. loop29

loop29 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    pls, watch your language! Stay polite and don´t call someone names, if you have problems with someone just ignore and don´t get mad. It won´t help any of us.

regards

9. alanc

alanc Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6800 Ultra
    Not understanding the qudro issue?

I have a Gainward 6800 GT GS and with the newest rivatuner I set it to be a quadro card, re-booted window xp and xp showed new hardware found. I then installed the card as a quadro using 61.77 drivers. Showed as a quadro!

With all benchmark my scores were about the same, but most visuals were noticeably better to both myself and another avid gamer.

Most interesting problem though was the in 3dmark03 the tests nature and the one with the elephants would NOT run correctly causing 03 score to DROP! Even at stock clock speeds.

3dmark 01 and aquamark3 ran FINE with about there normal scores

Reset the card to a Geforce with riva and then 3dmark03 ran fine.

Can anyone explain?

Current settings
    401 gpu clock
    1.11 memory

Aquamark3 score 60,557
    3dmark 01 score 20,463
    3dmark03 scroe 11,968

comments unwinder

10. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Well, i sure got YOUR attention, didn't i? ;)
    And i was not being sarcastic in any way!
    Geez, maybe sometimes i am just trying to be funny, no need to get pissed off for every witty remark i put here and there... that's why i put a smiley next to it...
    I was just suggesting a VALID point since i know that a lot of gamers out there (like my bro here sitting next to me) don't even want to know what's happening in the computer, they just want to play best games on a nicely configured computer, that's all. If you are a gamer + hardware freak, doesn't mean that everybody should follow your example -> some people are playing just for the fun of it, and i don't see why should they be excluded from the free performance you get from modding and overclocking...

Cheer up dude! :thumbup:

(BTW, please don't bring up MENSA into the dispute you seem to be having with me, since i am a member since 1989. Thanks.)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2004

11. bulgroz

bulgroz Guest

I had the same problem with my 6800le and solved it by flashing with the generic Nvidia 6800nu bios.

Didn't get any pipes back, though :(

12. hoop

hoop Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Here's what mine say's I hope it's good like this..
    [​IMG]

13. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Perfect fully working 6800 Ultra! :thumbup:

14. andy_nv

andy_nv Member

GPU:
    Leadtek GeForce 6800 @400/900
    Bah, my rev.A Leadtek's not modable either :(
    Lazy core (overclocking) and hardware locked pipes :bang:

15. maddas

maddas Guest

That's quite the 180 there ryben, you musta took some backpaddlin lessons from Canada's former PM Jean Cretien (sounds like cretin)

If you and your buddies don't even want to know what is going on inside the computer then why are you here slamming people who do and don't understand all of it. What example am I makin'? I'm puttin a voice on the quiet people here who abide by forum rules, and have class and etiquette. I have none, never needed it and don't care about appearances. For all the noobs with 6800's we congradulate you for being born a graduate of noobology already past the noob stage and never had to spend any time in the destitute dolldrums of noobness, congrats to you! Even though you don't care what's going on inside the computer!?! I know I'm wasting my time here but I feel that people like you must be told. Have I insulted the hallowed halls of mensa, now I must sit among the ashes.

My sincere apologies to the rest of you that read my ramblings, I'll try to keep my posts to a minimum.

16. Dear Alec, it is posts like the one u made on page 7 that scare people away from forums like these. There never was anything wrong with being a newbie - everybody has been there at some point, and denying it by being an élitist wiseguy is just hipocrisy... Nobody should ever have to excuse themselves when asking a serious question in a polite manner. What some people don't seem to understand is that there are no stupid serious questions - only dumb answers.

17. WitchBladePL

WitchBladePL Guest

I have the same Problem with my MSI 6800LE, that the rivatuner can´t read the bios Informations.

Need Help!!

WBPL

18. Unwinder

I hate to say it, nut if you don't see any changes in the main tab - your successful mod is just an auto-suggestion.

19. Unwinder

Comments? DON'T touch the things you don't understand and DON'T need. Have you tried to peek in context help and seen any notes on NVStrap antiprotection required to mod to Quadro? Have you ever heard that Quadro is not for gamers and 3DMark score hunters? What's a point in blind clicking all the options without even trying to read context help for them?

20. Reidhardt

Reidhardt Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT 256mb
    Your current config, listed at the top, is still the same as the default. No pipes or vertex shaders beyond the defaults are enabled.