**** no post

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Jae-So, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ah nice sounds good man, yeh I originally bought my GTX275 from him, very sound guy :thumbup:

lol on a sidenote I'm lookin at every inch of my board's manual to try and find sumthing I am doing wrong

2. |WOY|Shotty1993

|WOY|Shotty1993 Banned

GPU:
    POV GTX 470
    Yeah hes ace iwe bought LOADS of things off him.

3. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    hmm Gigabyte claim to have tested the board well before sending it back any ideas?

4. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    man... The only time that's happened to me is when I either had a dead cpu or a dead gpu... Usually if I get a board back from rma and they tested it, it works.. But I've had that problem and once I put a new cpu in everything was fine.. Are there any beeps / post codes?? Sorry to hear about that.. seems like everything was going awesome. Man that sux!! I feel the pain of something breaking that's not supposed too.. bull ****

5. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    nah no beeps at all, itz really annoying, guess I might have to buy a new CPU when I can afford, I'm gonna try get a PC shop to do a diagnostics test and find out when I have time to go down to the PC store

6. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    try taking out all the memory or the gpu and see if it gives you an error code then...... i just fixed a HP that was just out of warranty for my sister in law and the board never beeped unless there was something missing which had a similar problem (would not post, no beeps no nothing) and after pulling my hair out trying to figure out what it was i ended up finding 1 bad stick of ram out of the four, if i left just that 1 stick in i would get a beep error code for memory, but all the others gave no beeps and it booted up fine.

7. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    hmm well got a mate to test it out with a diagnostics test and some other tests and apparently the CPU isn't working, f*** !!!!!

8. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    That is the worst man.. I'm sorry.. Bummer.. Any warranty on it?

9. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ nah got it from Sunn here on the forum and it's lapped so seems I'm screwed

10. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    hmm I'm not convinced that it is the CPU, wish I had another CPU to test with (anyone know an e-tailer with a good refunds policy I can get one from and send back if the CPU isn't the problem)

I think I might try RMAing the board again

11. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Jae-So When I RMA'd my Board I got an email from Gigabyte with like 8 pictures attached showing it posting, booting into windows etc to prove they had fixed it. Pretty great service in my experiance.

Did you not get picture proof?

12. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ nah never got pictorial proof, but I just sent my CPU back to Sunn and he tested it, it is working, I also sent my board out to RMA again yday so hopefully it will come back working this time

13. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    so guys sent board to RMA they showed me pics of it working and Sunn tested my CPU, it is working to but still problems....

I built the PC out of the case on the antistatic foam

- I put the i7 (C0) in (was very careful)
    - installed stock i7 heatsink
    - installed 1 stick of ddr3 ram in the first white DIMM slot
    - connected 24 and 8 pin power connectors
    - installed HD3650
    - reset CMOS by taking out and putting battery back in

still no post or post beeps, still not getting a signal to my monitor, what am I doing wrong?

I want to use a different PSU to check if that is the issue, but my other PSU only has on 4 pin power thing for the CPU, if I use a molex to 8 pin connector that came with my graphics card will this work?

14. Peter Buxu

Peter Buxu Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OCX
    If I were you I would make a list of all the possibilities and then try them out, all of them and then when nothing happens I would cut that possibility and try another one. so if I were you I would first make a list and move from there. Also does your motherboard fully support the CPU??? Also try your CPU in another one mate rig and see if the CPU works.

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    hm
    maybe yea this could be the cause, 4pin instead of 8pin could make it underpowered.. lol strange but it could be possible.

16. Peter Buxu

Peter Buxu Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OCX
  17. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    u can use 4pin faik.

18. sunn

sunn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Top half

[​IMG]

19. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    yeh Sunn tested the CPU last week it works, so seems to be ram or PSU

nah current one has 8 pin wanted to test with another one that only has 4

yeh switches on but no post, but one time I switched it on and it cutting out and coming back on, so might be a PSU issue, even tho my mate with a diag card said it was working, apparently he said the issue was the CPU and board not havin a signal between em or sumthin, which is weird cos they both work

will try now mate, cheers

20. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    so what only have to use a 2x4 pin wen using an extrem edition?