New-windows-10-insider-preview-fast-build-18362-19h

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by HARDRESET, Mar 20, 2019.

1. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ider-preview-build-18362/#Fmovs8jXOmBM3bk3.97

Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18362 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.

If you are looking for a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring – head on over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here including a complete list of new features and updates that have gone out as part of Insider flights for the current development cycle (which currently is 19H1).

General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC

• We fixed an issue resulting in the Connect app crashing on launch for some Insiders.

Known issues

• Microsoft Store app updates do not automatically install on 18356+. As a workaround, you can manually check for, and install updates via the Microsoft Store app. Open Select “…” > “Downloads and updates” > “Get updates”.
    • Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
    • Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
    • Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.

Known issues for Developers

• If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.

2. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Last three builds , no issues with my system .

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Do you play any games that use anti-cheat software such as EasyAntiCheat which The Division 2 uses? If so have you had any GSOD crashes?

I'm curious because I want to upgrade to this build as soon as it becomes near final but I don't want to install it if many of my games that use anti-cheat software are to start BSODing my PC.

4. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Show a list of games ,you have, that would be of concern, Apex has never had issues, for my system, give it a go, easy to roll back , i had to with 18353.:D

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hitting both the fast and slow rings for 18362 seemed like a good indication and if not well it's probably just one or two builds until the final one is out before they start trying to resolve the remaining issues with cumulative packs.
    Three hours in and the usual setting up and re-checking everything (Oh look the tablet service and CTFMon is back again!) well so far no major issues but it'll be about a week or so before I can say anything more in-depth really, it is faster though that's pretty obvious in how responsive and snappy it is so that's a plus even early on but I doubt game or app performance will actually differ much if at all.

A choice to skip the whole delta stuff and just download the full thing to make it faster for those with the disk space to spare and connectivity wouldn't hurt to speed up the install process but it's minor.
    And for the rest well guess I'll see over the next few days.

EDIT: Oh and don't just jump into new builds early if you can avoid it, I was in the insider program until RS3 and then I felt like it went downhill even for problems in the slow-ring builds and jumped to release-preview so I'm kinda used to adopting over to new releases early and the problems these can have until a cumulative or two down the line (Or almost four months worth or so for RS5, nice one Microsoft!) but might as well get it over with early and face it head on, if I'm going to be stupid about this and charge right in then well should do so in full after all ha ha!

Or how to say, any remaining major problems will likely shift to 20H1 anyway with the most pressing issues maybe fixed in a cumulative before the build hits full release assuming they don't manage to squeeze another one out next week. :D
    (20H1 seems to be picking up though, picking up the pieces that 19H1 broke too so well I guess that's the priority and then some break point down the line for 19H2 which is also coming before 20H1 here which is kinda skipping ahead in the skip ahead program so yeah that's a thing apparently.)

6. aka2k

aka2k Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
    The Division 2 running good here.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks for the reply. Seems the bugcheck issue is with BattlEye.

8. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti

List of EAC/Battleye games with native support
    [​IMG]

Could you help me fill in the table below so that we have a definitive guide on which games have a native multiplayerclient, which do not, and which are planned -- and any additional notes? A lot of these games I haven't even heard of, so your input would be welcome. I know someone has played some of these games in different capacities. Players of Death Field: The Battle Royale of Disaster, I know you're out there...

It would be helpful if you volunteer for a specific game that you own and test the native and/or Wine version. Some games have Linux beta branches or experimental builds, so a bit of granular testing is needed.

Below is a list of all EAC supported games from this page: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/partners/

I am not finding an official list of Battleye games -- can anyone share one? thanks /u/jz5678910

I believe there are generally three categories: simply no support, natively or through Wine; native support or through Wine; or planned support.

EAC Games
    Game Linux native anticheat? Wine supported anticheat
    7 Days to Die Yes
    Absolver No
    Albion Online Yes
    Apex Legends No No
    Ar:piel
    Ashes of Creation
    Audition
    Audition Next Level
    Battalion 1944
    Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2
    Black Clover: Quartet Knights
    Block N Load
    Cabal Online
    CardLife
    CityBattle Virtual Earth
    Combat Arms
    Combat Arms: Line of Sight
    Crossout
    Cuisine Royale
    Darkfall: Rise of Agon Yes
    Darwin Project
    Days of War
    Dead by Daylight No No
    Death Field: The Battle Royale of Disaster
    Dirty Bomb Yes
    Dragon Ball Fighter Z Yes
    Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
    Dragonica: Lavalon Awakens
    Dreadnought
    Dying Light: Bad Blood
    Empyrion No No
    Far Cry 5
    Fear the Wolves
    Flyff Online
    For Honor No
    Fortnite Battle Royale Yes, but not working
    Fractured Lands
    Friday the 13th
    Gigantic
    Hide & Hold Out Yes
    Hunt: Showdown
    Hurtworld Yes
    Infestation: Survivor Stories
    Infestation: World
    Insurgency: Sandstorm Planned
    Intershelter
    Intruder
    iRacing Yes
    Ironsight
    Jump Force
    Last Year
    Lifeless
    Luna
    Magicka: Wizard Wars
    Memories of Mars
    Miscreated Yes?
    Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker
    New GUNDAM Breaker
    New World
    Next Day
    Offensive Combat: Redux!
    Onward VR
    Paladins Yes, but not working
    Post Scriptum
    Qanga
    Ragnarok
    Realm Royale No
    Reign of Kings
    Rend
    RF Online
    Rising Storm 2: Vietnam No
    Robocraft Yes
    Robocraft Royale No
    Rockshot
    Rust Yes
    S4 League
    SCUM No
    Sky Noon
    Smite Yes
    Spellbreak
    Squad Yes
    Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet No No
    Tales Runner - Asiasoft TH
    The Culling Yes
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands
    Tom Clancy's The Division 2
    Total War: Arena
    Trials Rising
    War of the Roses
    War of the Vikings
    War Rock
    Warface
    Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Yes
    Warhammer: Vermintide 2
    Watch Dogs 2
    World War 3 No
    Worlds Adrift
    XERA: Survival
    Yulgang TH
    Battleye Games
    Game Linux native anticheat? Wine supported anticheat
    APB Reloaded
    ARK: Survival Evolved Yes No
    ARK: Survival of the Fittest Yes No
    Arma 2
    Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
    Arma 3 Yes if host server supports Yes if client version matches Windows version
    Blacklight: Retribution
    BlackShot
    Black Squad
    Bless Online
    Conan Exiles
    Day of Infamy Yes
    DayZ SA
    Fortnite No
    H1Z1: Just Survive
    H1Z1: King of the Kill
    Heroes & Generals
    Insurgency Yes
    Islands of Nyne
    Line of Sight
    Phantomers
    Pixark
    PlanetSide 2
    PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS No
    Project Argo
    Rainbow Six Siege No
    S4 League
    SOS Game
    Survarium
    The Crew 2
    The Isle
    Tibia
    Unturned
    Zula

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I was unable to install this update via the Slow or Fast ring due to some incompatibility issue when the Windows Update installer pops up and checks the system. It says something about despite being a Windows Insider that I am not eligible for the upgrade but, annoyingly, there’s no other information about what the actual issue is. The error code was 0x80270417, I think, something like that.

Is Windows Update blocking updates if it detects games that use BattlEye anti-cheat software because I do have The Crew 2 and Conan Exiles installed, though I haven’t played either in months?

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Microsoft can block updates for software the user has but it should simply skip over it entirely if that happens.

Can also take the .ESD the update comes in, turn that into a ISO and install it that way treating it as a regular install media for whatever method you prefer, I simply switched from release preview to slow and then back to release preview once everything was installed and set up as I wanted it to be since the upgrade does reset a number of preferences for some reason. :D

Release preview update .402 also comes with a new service stack update so maybe that helps to have installed first before going into 18362 / 19H1 but it's nothing more than a suggestion. They have install media updates too so that's probably one way they'll resolve the install and upgrade errors if they're not doing a new build.

Darren Hodgson likes this.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Successfully installed this earlier on this afternoon after uninstalling The Crew 2 and Conan Exiles (two BattlEye titles, the latter of which freed 65 GB of space on my boot C SSD). This seemed to allow the Windows Update to proceed normally and install. Not sure too bothered about reinstalling Conan Exiles but I would like to reinstall The Crew 2. Is it safe to reinstall post-upgrade do you think or should I just leave it uninstalled until it is confirmed fixed by Microsoft?

All seems fine so far - as usual, at first glance, everything appears identical to before as expected - and I only had to add a few tweaks such as removing the drives from My PC's navigation pane and so on. Didn't even have to install the graphics driver either; v419.67 appears to be installed correctly and shows as WDDM 2.5 in DXDiag. I did notice some minor flickering on the race line in Forza Horizon 4 when I tested but it has been a few weeks since I loaded that game so I'm not sure if it is a bug in the driver or an issue with this new build of Windows 10? Might try reinstalling v419.67 again to see if it makes any difference.

One minor oddity with Windows though is that I am unable to get the Microsoft Store icon to show on the taskbar as previously. Right-clicking on the Store in Start > Programs shows the it *is* pinned to the taskbar but unpinning then pinning it again doesn't bring it back. Not sure if this is a bug or just a quirk of upgrading. Not a big deal but something that is puzzling me. All other pinned icons, including ones I've added post-upgrade, are showing correctly.

*EDIT*
    The only minor bug I've come across as mentioned yesterday is that the taskbar was refusing to display the Microsoft Store icon despite the fact that on right-clicking on the app in Start > Programs it was showing as pinned to both the Start menu and the taskbar. Unpinning then pinning again did not fix the issue.

This morning I noticed that the Store was finally showing but that the Settings icon, which I've had pinned since v1803 had disappeared. Yet this is showing as pinned to the taskbar and unpinning and repinning it does not fix the issue.

My guess is that Windows 10 v1903 only allows 8 app icons to be displayed on the taskbar: in my case I have the Start menu plus Search bar followed by Cortana, Task View, Microsoft Store (yesterday this was the Settings icon), Xbox, Groove, Photos, Film & TV and Mail app icons.

Sure, it's not a big deal as Settings can be accessed from the Start Menu or from the Search bar by typing settings but it's nevertheless mildly annoying to not be able to set up my icons exactly as I want them due to a silly bug.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    A little off topic, but kind of is I guess.... why is it that newer builds of Windows 10 do not fit on a DVD? I went to test 1809, and it didn't fit on a DVD.

With them removing so many features you would think the OS would get smaller.... but I guess they keep adding "apps".. so.. ughh..

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah the install media default is a USB stick now it seems, just around the 4.5 GB range from memory so probably just a bit over a DVD and then depending on how it gets packed and customized it might get a bit smaller but probably the latest builds are likely no longer going to fit thus the switch to USB installation.

KissSh0t likes this.
  14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not sure if it will make any difference but try making the ISO from here
    https://uup.rg-adguard.net/index.php

It allows you to select which SKU you want so it's possible it excludes the others resulting in a smaller ISO

The above might all be a lie though

Machine in question doesn't allow installs via USB?

KissSh0t likes this.
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What is the difference between amd64 and x64 builds?

I can use usb to install, it's what I did after learning about the size of the iso, it's just that I've always used the same rewritable dvd to install windows and thought it was strange that windows couldn't be burned to it with the newer build of 10, it's a bit larger than a normal 4.7gb dvd *shrugs*

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    USB is 10x faster anyway :)

One is ARM64 (Mobile chip) and one is normal 64bit for PCs

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This one... confused me xD

[​IMG]

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just normal 64bit for PC, there are always three, x86, x64 and arm64, wouldn't worry about the naming scheme in there

KissSh0t likes this.
  19. Forceflow

Forceflow Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    I e-mailed BattlEye about the problems a few weeks ago, and their reply was:

"Most of our games are already supported, some will be receiving updates in the near future."
    (that's it).

If you check in Program Files (x86)/Common Files you can see all the games BattlEye executables. (For me: PUBG, Fortnite and R6 siege). When you launch a game, these executables spawn the BeDaisy.sys driver which is loaded, and is supposed to be the root of the problems. All executables spawn a driver file which was signed on the 12th of january, which seems ... rather old.

Darren Hodgson and Strange Times like this.
  20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is it safe to reinstall The Crew 2 post-v1903 upgrade or should I just leave it until the BattlEye issue is fixed? Just wondering if the BattlEye runs outside of the game and causes issues or if it is only running when the game is launched? If it's the latter then it should be safe to reinstall, right?