My mom passed away

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Year, Feb 21, 2014.

1. DeathDealer175

DeathDealer175 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX2080ti
    Sorry for your loss, keep strong.

I had watched my dad suffer and die from cancer last year (only 58) up to his last breath, most dreadful thing i have ever been through. Worst thing ever to loose parents early, life can be very challenging but keep strong mate and remember the good times as no one can take that away.

May things over time get better for you and your family.

2. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Losing a loved one i as much hard as life can get. Keep strong.

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    That's really awful, i think about these things alot what it would be if mine passed away.

Can't imagine how you're feeling right now, i wish you all the best and like others said, stay strong!

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    So sorry to hear that man. :( That's life...

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Memory Eternal

6. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

7. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Sorry to hear your story Year, I can't imagine what you're going through. You shouldn't be sorry for posting about it though, we're all here for you.

Drop me a PM if you need an ear.

8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm sorry for your loss.

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Sorry bro. It does get easier with time.

10. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I don't think people really understand that until they've lived through it, and I have myself. Especially the in and out of hospital parts and wondering if some things should of been different, or could of. I don't know.

If it's anything, I get what you're going through but I can't say I have any answers cause I still don't get myself as to why some things have to happen the way they do.

Hang in there.

11. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i would like to thank all of you, your words has been very helpful and they gave me a few things to think about, much appreciated. :)

thank you very much mate, you hit the nail on its head, so very true, it has come to a point where in order to get out of the house i had to jump out of the window (floor level) in order to avoid seeing the chair etc like i'm expecting to see her seated on the chair but nobody's there.

i took a walk and the air just doesn't feel the same but i keep reminding myself that it was going to happend one day even if she was healthy, i often wondered how it was going to happend, was she going to die in her sleep peacefully? in a car accident? disease? well now i know.

brought some food with me kept staring at it in disgust, i should eat something but i feel repulsed even by water, i forced myself to drink some.

also i closed my eyes and turned her picture on the wall because everytime i saw the picture i felt like i want to scream in pain.

i'm sorry to hear about your loss too, it's certainly devastating.

thanks for the advice, i love pets, i might get a cat or a puppy (prefer dogs tbh) i'm sure its gonna help. :)

very sorry to hear that, i'm not sure what the hell is wrong with the 6 month thing, it's as if disease love the 6th month, also the doctors misdiagnosing dangerous diseases, i can fully understand that some of them can be extremely tricky, but i feel doctors sometimes (or too often) don't like to listen to the patient, if it doesn't fit their book then the "sick" patient is fine.. then he/she dies.

meh.

thanks :) yee i used to be very active but when she became ill i found no pleasure in anything anymore, when she felt good i was happy and occasionally logged on g3d and posted something, but when it was bad i felt as if i was getting cut slowly with a butter knife and lost interest in just about everything.

hope to get better eventually and get back to the good ol' times, hopefully.

that's really kind of you proFits, however empathy is not stupid, it's human. ;)

12. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    I'm sorry for your loss..

I lost my foster-dad too last year, so yeah..

That's life.

13. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Guest

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    this is true men, it is cycle of life and somthing we must all prepare for. be strong year i will prey for you

14. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    My condolences, having been through similar situation whilst growing up I can somewhat sympathise. My thoughts are with you.

Hopefully you will stay strong and remember the times you shared.

Stay frosty, saluti.

15. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Sorry for your loss, RIP to your mother

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Mate!

This is indeed terrible news! I really feel for you, it must be hard. The only thing that scares me in this life is the loss of my parents and my brother. They are the closest thing to me and nobody can ever change that.

Stay strong my friend, I know there's nothing I can say to make you feel better. Only time can heal.

My thoughts are with you, and your family.

17. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G
    My sincere sentiments to you Year :( Having you by her side during those last days must have meant the world to her. RIP

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Im really sorry to hear Year, my deepest sympathies. I havnt had the chance to read the full thread, but my heart goes out to you man, i cant imagine how difficult it is.

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    In spite of this being very heavy and sad thread, at the same time this is proof in the unity of this community and it's support of a dedicated and very much respected member.

Year, you have been through something that some can or cant relate to. Loosing a parent is hard. You have lived your whole life knowing that she was your support system and your ground. She was there for you in good times and bad (assuming). Moving past will be hard this is certain. Just remember that you are not alone in this as this thread has proven.

I know a bunch of anonymous users on a forum are no replacement for what you lost, but I think I can speak for the community in saying this, "We are here for you in your time of need. If you see fit to vent do so, that is part of grieving."

I know when I lost my father all I ever wanted to do was cry or just scream at anything/break it.

20. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Sorry to hear this YEAR :( You are a legend here on Guru3d and you've always been very helpful to me and heaps of other Guru's. R.I.P to your mom. If ever you need to talk, don't hesitate on PM me, and I will help as best I can.

kind regards,
    RagDoll.