MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Official(2014-05-21)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, May 21, 2014.

1. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    "Added core voltage control for reference design AMD RADEON R7 260/260X series graphics cards with NCP81022 voltage regulators"

I have an ASUS R7 260X DC2 2GB VGA and voltage control/monitor is not working.
    But ASUS GPU tweak can change/monitor voltage.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Read. Think. Reference design cards. Custom design ASUS cards. ASUS software. MSI software.

3. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
  4. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    edit :
    it's working just fine now, thank you for this release :)

Last edited: May 26, 2014

5. pupin

pupin Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX780
    Following my previous reply to this issue, I just wanted to add, if you are interested to check/debug this, please, let me know if there is any information you may need, I will gladly provide anything.
    Thanks again.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I have nothing to add to what I said before.

7. idahosurge

idahosurge Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Amp Ext
    Thank you for the released 3.0.0 version Unwinder!

8. prelude

prelude Guest

GPU:
    2X R9 290X
    My computer has 4 GPUs, 2x 290x and 2x 290 all reference. With the latest betas, I had voltage control on all 4 cards but now with 3.0 final I only have voltage control on the 2x 290 cards.

Is there a new option somewhere to enable it on 290"X" cards that I'm not seeing?

Thanks!

9. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
  10. prelude

prelude Guest

GPU:
    2X R9 290X

11. pupin

pupin Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX780
    But have you seen my reply about what you said?
    That both Viewport and Framebuffer settings behave the same in these cases and have the same problem?

12. otoc

otoc New Member

GPU:
    gf2mx,gf3,4200,4600,5800u
    Time for appreciation

Just to emphasize earlier points by the "silent" majority, many thanks for your time and accomplishments over the years Alexey.

I don't fault you for "winding" down on development due to users who feel entitled to express how childish and ignorant they are because they are armed with both anonymity and a keyboard. I can't remember how many years I've used RT for various builds and now AB.

So for that, I fault myself for not being as vocal as the few who neither appreciate the time you've spent, nor the complexity of what you've done.

While I'm at it (and not to take away from my praise and thanks to you), I shouldn't forget Hilbert for continuing to keep Guru3d a vital spot on the interwebby, and MSI for allowing AB to be used on products they don't sell. That's terrific marketing.

My message for newbies is that you are not entitled to anything other than a stable release for MSI products. Beta releases are labeled as beta for a reason, what Alexey has done is far superior to what any manufacturer has offered over the years, including nVidia and AMD. Until you take the time to write a program that changes the characteristics of hardware, please refrain from demonstrating how ignorant you are. Show some respect, please.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  13. Zydor

Zydor Active Member

GPU:
    2 x MSI 7970 Lightning
    +1 (and many more ....)

There is a vast silent majority out here who use this remarkable product ..... including me ..... for many many years ....... it is a testament to the Product's Quality that in reality not many users in a proportional sense have a need to post.

Forums attract both misunderstandings and disputes .... nature of the beast.

What is not in dispute, is the countless thousands - hundreds of thousands frankly - of Users (the classic unspoken majority) who greatly appreciate and support both Afterburner and the effort it takes by Unwinder to do all this.

Keep smiling, several hundred thousand users are smiling with you ......

14. Warl0rd

Warl0rd Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DirectCU II
    Hi Unwinder,

Planning support for OSD in RTSS with Mantle? I guess its not in you top priorities, but just want to know if its gonna happen :)

Keep the good work :)

15. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    If you somehow can give Mantle API SDK access to unwinder, then it might be yes.
    But the Mantle API game is too less, so I guess you know it will only happen if many game start using Mantle, just like 64-bit.