Mobile problem with all drivers realease since 11.12

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by OrigamiZor, Jan 27, 2012.

1. OrigamiZor

OrigamiZor Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 680M
    Hi all,
    The problem is that ever since driver 11.12 brower videos only show green image and videos acelerated by dxva dont work anymore :S same probem with 12.1 preview, WHQl, 12.2 preview and january 17 drivers. all have the same problem. dont know if its only for us mobile users or for all :/ maybe its just my pc saying go green next time you buy a laptop or a card XD

Sorry for my bad english

2. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    I can vouch for this.
    Mine also doesn't work (as in the problems described above by OrigamiZor) with anything past 11.12 WHQL under a clean installation.

Those drivers might be great for games, but it's sh!t for basic video support.

3. alexdl

alexdl Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD5650M
    same here, its a 5650m problem?

4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Seems like it, but I'm guessing 57xxm & 65xxm variants are supposedly having the same bug.
    But since a 5650m is the only chip that's usually coupled with mid-end components for a portable moderate gaming (it's able to pull 22~25fps average with L.A. Noire on Performance with 1280x720, 4xAF & 3xFXAA on mine) on the cheap, then we probably won't see many reports from 57xxm & 65xxm owners.

Anyway, did you guys do a clean install or simply installed them over an older driver version?

5. OrigamiZor

OrigamiZor Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 680M
    I did a clean install. I bought a ssd so i had to install win7 and everything from scratch. But usually i use atiman uninstaller. It suck's because probably we will see this bug in next driver releases also :(

6. alexdl

alexdl Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD5650M
    i used driver sweeper and the result is the same.

now im with the 20 jan driver, turned gpu acelleration off to see youtube videos =[

7. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    No problems at all here so it must be something specific to that card.

8. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm afraid that'd be the case.