Metro Redux Will Not Run Without SSE4.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Yecnot, Aug 27, 2014.

1. DrHycodan

DrHycodan Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080
    Who would try to run this game on a CPU that doesn't have AVX, let alone SSE 4.1. Seriously, if you're still on a CPU with no support for SSE4, you either shouldn't be gaming or it's time for an upgrade. Anyway, I hope this patch doesn't slow the game down for the rest of us with SSE 4.1 and up.

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Just hope any fix, if made available, doesn't impact the existing performance of the game.

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Why would you even post this tripe? A Phenom 2 with a decent mid range GPU is more than capable of running the original Metro or the Redux.

5. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Lol @ the motherflowers! Not good to piss-off pc gamers.I have to wait god knows how long before i can play redux, it wont run on a stock 7850k and its gonna be a while till i have a dedicated gpu come tax time probbly? Oh well I can watch youtube of others playing lol.

6. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    You are an egocentrical ****.

You sound just like this prick. Just because you have more expensive hardware you believe that you are entitled to a greater level of support than me? Even when we were promised the same levels of support, as both of our CPU's are within the system requirements? GO **** YOURSELF MATE. :finger2:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    this shows the cpus that are and not supported.

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=20329&canMyCpuRunIt=Metro Redux

the x2 processor is show not supported.

but like other said. cant blame them as they didnt expect people to be playing the game with older processors.

the games where made to also run on the new consoles and they are amd hardware that support the extensions.

so basically they will have to release patches(sacrifice qualitys of the game) to so people with lower end hardware can play

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    EDIT - Misread - delete

9. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    When I first installed Redux I couldn't get the game to start either. There was some kind of a download for Metro this morning from Steam. I don't know what the hell it was but now it starts up no problem. I'm running it fully maxed and no issues at all.

10. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Your issue was different I suppose, because I'm sure as hell an i7-4930k has SSE4.1

11. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Ok that's the 15 year old coming out calm down.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    he's been like this for days now, not just in ol cpu can't run modern games thread.

13. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Uh...no one said anything about more expensive hardware...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113367

That supports 4.1 etc., and i'm not saying you should get that one by any means, but that is by no means expensive...that's probably as cheap as you can buy a current new processor...

I'm also not agreeing with what they said, i'm simply replying on the very specific part of what i quoted you on.

14. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    I apologize. Yeah, it was immature of me. That being said, I believe the patch has been released, and I'll try it when I get home. Friend told me his Phenom II now works.

15. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I wonder if there has been any performance penalty for newer CPU's.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    here is why pc gaming isn't progressing. Peeps with ancient hardware are expecting support. pc gaming will never move fast forward without compromise.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It actually runs faster.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Lol. I think you mean, "people who have hardware that meet the minimum requirements expect to be able to play the game".

There's a big difference.

19. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    There was no reason to bring up his age.
    He was not acting immature. The people posting just to make him frustrated are.

Progression is as important as support for legacy- to a point. The CPU he has for example would run the game OK with support for it. Obviously if there is no chance of a piece of hardware running the game there is no point in supporting it, so there is your balance. It's extremely easy for them to do.

And if it's true the specs requirements suggested that his CPU would be supported, and it's not, I would be frustrated already.

20. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

That makes sense, they did it properly :). The performance benefits of the new patch wouldn't be because of the new non SSE 4.1 support, but rather other optimisations. I should have realised they'd do a better job of fixing the issue than say, Ubisoft :3eyes: