Manufacturers roll out firmware updates for GeForce GTX 1070 due to memory Issue

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 20, 2016.

1. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super

WTF!!!!!!!!!!????????? You just got this reply from them? But Hilbert told us they were past this and working on a bios. I guess that Samsung bios is the one they were planning to release and Gigabyte is still telling us we don't have problems. Looks like I'm stuck on stock because I chose Gigabyte. Never going to buy from them again!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Too many arms, not enough brains.

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Gigabyte have released 3 bios updates in as many months. What makes you think they will stop with the Samsung one?

Good to see Mufflore back!

5. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I hope you're are right. It's the fact that they aren't even acknowledging the issue with micron that leaves me somewhat hopeless for a fix. I don't think I am asking for too much, every other vendor seems to be acknowledging the issue. Honestly if they just said we realize there is an issue with micron memory and we are currently working on it, I would happily wait patiently for the bios.
    If Nvidia is well aware of the problem and closely working together with all vendors, why is Gigabyte acting like they are unaware of what the issue is? :bang:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  6. balane

balane Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Why don't I trust Gigabyte? Let's see;

1.) They claimed they didn't sell any GTX 1070 cards with Micron memory but many of us own this very card and they already had BIOS downloads on their site for Micron cards.
    2.) They claimed a download was coming and even gave a specific and reasonable time frame. This time came and went, Gigabyte didn't keep their word.
    3.) Now they say no BIOS is needed because nobody is having a problem even though clearly people are. They've put it on the customer to prove there's an issue when every other manufacturer is already working towards fixing it.

I'm done with this company, completely.

7. RealismK

RealismK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 8GB
    Yes, I got this answer from Gigabyte e-Support.

I really don't know, if the recently updated bios is relied to Micron Memory. I won't take that risk.

But indeed, it is strange that other vendors recently came with a solution while the engineering of Gigabyte needs more information about the Micron issues:confused:.

If they don't fix this by the end of this week, I will use my right to refund and return the card within the jurisdiction of my country. And say bye bye Gigabyte.. :leave:

8. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I didn't mean you should try that bios. Of course that bios is made for Samsung. I was only joking that they applied the voltage adjustments/fixes that were intended for Micron to Samsung models. You're lucky to be in a country that gives you that option. The best hope I have is getting a Samsung memory replacement or one of their magical problem free micron models that they have in their labs.

9. Mr.DJ

Mr.DJ Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970
    Just wanted to add, that I have got word's from Zotac's support that they are currently also adressing the Micron issue too.

Is this article even opdated by the users feedback(Asus and others have released bios updated since the article was written....)

10. goodfellashxm

goodfellashxm Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx 1070 g1
    2 days after the Samsung model bios and yet no Micron update or an explanation for the delay whatsoever... It's like watering the front door when the fire is at the backyard... because you know, logic.
    Thank you, gigabyte.
    :finger:

11. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
  12. nightfire275

nightfire275 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    New BIOS for Micron Gigabyte G1 Gaming is out.

Haven't flashed it yet but not entirely sure if it does fix the issue, just seems to be a non-beta release of the F11 BIOS.

Can anyone here test it?

EDIT: Link directs to an error saying that the file can't be found on their server despite the updated BIOS downloads page. Wouldn't have expected any more of Gigabyte honestly haha.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  13. iceagex

iceagex Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 @ 2100 - 8775
    I don't know if this "new BIOS" from Gigabyte can resolve the Micron issue for the G1 card.

I'm running at 2100 core and 8700 on mems (pretty low OC on mems imo)

Hope this new BIOS can push the card just a bit.

EDIT: can't download the BIOS....why this laziness from Gigabyte?? :sleep2:

14. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Yup, same here. Won't download and only seems to show up on their English page. I'd say wait a little and try again. Anyways I wouldn't get your hopes up, it's probably no the fix we are looking for.

15. reb0rn

reb0rn Member

GPU:
    2x MSI gaming x 1070
    Just tried MSI bios on Gaming X, I have a lot more clock from gainward bliss with micron then from MSI concerning micron memory, duno why
    bios version is same only last two digits are different
    Gainward bliss 86.04.50.00.5A
    MSI Gaming X 86.04.50.00.2A

Also I have five gainward (all micron) and all clock +900 stable fro mining and MSI can not do over +500 :(

16. RealismK

RealismK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 8GB
    According to my last reaction to Gigabyte about the stability of Micron (GTX 1070 G1 Gaming), I got this reply from Gigabyte.

Please note stress test maximizing power draw well beyond any real world application or game, using these kind of software may disable some hardware protection mechanisms and damage the device that void the manufacture's warranty.

:heh:

Please confirm if you face any problem while not using stress test utilities? Did the clock perform as we highlighted? If problem still occurs, please provide us the screen shot of the problem, what software did you use to determine? and also your product serial number.

Regards,
    GIGABYTE

17. uKER

uKER Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Am I the only one getting a 404 from all six links in the download for the Gigabyte G1 Gaming?

18. RealismK

RealismK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 8GB
    No you are not. I don't even know what it really should fix whilst other vendors describes at least what they fixed with their new bios update.

In the meanwhile my answer to Gigabyte prior to their last reaction.

Dear e-Support,

Thank you for the reply.

First of all: Please note that 3D Mark software is safe to use, otherwise they would put a disclaimer when using or stress testing your GPU would damage it or void any warranty. With that said, there can't be any problems prior stressing the GPU beyond it's limit by damaging the GPU and meanwhile monitoring the temperature state of the GPU whilst stress testing.

Second: The utilization whilst stress testing, is the same as using a proper AAA gaming title (98%-100%). So the more power draw, like you said, makes no sense in this case, because the control of max power draw is controlled by your own GIGABYTE EXTREME GAMING ENGINE overclock software (+111 power limit and max 92 Degrees Celsius) together with it's limits in the vBios. And the temperature maximum was not exceeding 57 Degrees Celsius.

So even when I stress testing my GPU to test the stability or the fully functionality of my GPU, which should be my right, can't avoid it's warranty, because Gigabyte gives you a opportunity to use their overclocking presets or manual overclocking, but without exceeding it's maximum power draw.

So the statement you made, by maximizing power draw (even when Gigabyte provides the extra 11% power limit within their overclocking software), doesn't make any sense.

It's hard to make a hard screenshot while I sometimes got a checkerboard (BSOD). For OC software I used the software provided by Gigabite (XGE) and MSI afterburner.

For any further due, I'll advise you not to ignore, as a proper vendor should not, the well known problems told by many GTX 1070 owners with Micron memory. Just come with solutions professionally wise instead of coming with stupid disclaimers.

Other vendors for the same card with Micron memory already acknowledged and came with their (temporary) solutions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

19. Hellgardia

Hellgardia Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1Gaming
    www .techpowerup.com/vgabios/187152/187152

GPU Device Id: 0x10DE 0x1B81
    Version: 86.04.50.00.7A
    GV-N1070G1 GAMING-8GD/F2/0446
    Copyright (C) 1996-2016 NVIDIA Corp. GP104
    Board Connectors 1x DVI-D 1x HDMI 3x DisplayPort
    Board power limit Target: 180.0 W Limit: 200.0 W Adj. Range: -50%, +11%
    Thermal limits Rated: 83.0C Max: 92.0C
    Memory Support
    GDDR5, Samsung
    GDDR5, Micron
    Boost Clock: 1784 MHz int(198257)

So according to this, this BIOS will work with the Micron version of the gtx1070 g1 gaming?
    On their website it says that it is for SAMSUNG memory (it is the F2 bios i believe).

20. iceagex

iceagex Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 @ 2100 - 8775
    Really, WTF IS WRONG WITH GIGABYTE??

Btw, outstanding reply mate :rock: