Mafia 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by GT40Nutcase, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    At 1600 x 900 with everything max, physX on medium im averaging around 45fps in the bench, demo rarely drops below 50.

The only aprt the fps dip is in the benchmark here the ladies run across the screen, im guessing because of the apex clothing, demo ran and looked awesome.

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  3. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Copey that's awesome performance, if you compare it with other peoples GTX470 and GTX 480 performance, what's your physx card? and what drivers are you using?

4. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    258.96 drivers, 09.10.0513 physX, physX card is a 9600GT.

5. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    new physx driver 09.10.0513 gave be a performance boost, same settings as before.
    compare to ones above, posted by me.
    [​IMG]

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    well the benchmark suc.. big time...i mean i run the benchmark 3 times in a row and i have like 3 different results on the same settings: first one 34FPS second one 32FPS and third one 44FPS everything maxed out full HD....

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  7. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Demo update just got put out. Much better for me at least.

8. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    slightly better for me too..changed back to full cloath i don't have the huge drop in FPS outside the house at the start of the demo no more....

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Got the patch and there are improvements, I don't have the very latest physix/forceware though. Anyway here are my results on a single GTX 280:

Everything maxed, Physix medium and without AA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Everything maxed, Physix medium and with AA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see AA has little impact... guess it must be a really low AA level.

10. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I have yet to see a user screenshot that has AA, and considering the only way I got AA working is to force it in nHancer, I assume the in game AA toggle doesn't work.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's some shader effect I think, most likely a lighter blur or similar to mask the various edges though it's still rather noticeable on certain things though maybe it doesn't cover "2d" stuff like fences and cables.
    (MSAA or forcing stuff like SSAA would show a much better result though will hit performance, might be possible on ATI card as well if one can rename the exe without Steam complaining.)

12. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yeah, the AA implimentation in this game isnt great. Im gonna try forcing different settings through radeonpro later to see if it makes a difference.

13. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Just tried the deleting PhysX cloth folder fix posted above, and it works really well.. makes a big difference. FPS with PhysX on medium went from adv. 29 fps to adv. 55fps. This is PhysX on CPU.

14. exiled_soul

exiled_soul Member

GPU:
    XFX-GTX275
    i can't run the demo after showing the logo and everything when i try to start the demo it's crash on desktop with black screen..plz somebody help :(

15. sano614

sano614 Guest

GPU:
    VisionTek 5870
    Haha the demo is fun. I went to steal a car when this guy was working on it in the street, and while I was hot wiring it he pulled me out, punched me and 4 cops came over and arrested him while I walked away. haha! Very fun.

16. sano614

sano614 Guest

GPU:
    VisionTek 5870
    How do I set it so the PhysX goes to the CPU?

17. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    You can't set,it is by default on CPU on ATi card based systems; it is posible in nvidia control panel, ofcourse only with nvidia cards :)

18. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    i see you only have an ATI GPU so u just set the PhysX on medium of high in the game and the CPU will run the PhysX

19. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I found that the ugly blur everyone has disappears when you are speeding. It seems the post process just switches to more of a motion blur, but if you are looking for it you can easily see the screen suddenly become crystal clear. Makes the game look so much better, but I still don't see any way to remove it when stationary.

20. sano614

sano614 Guest

GPU:
    VisionTek 5870
    Thanks for the replies. I figured as much, but just wanted to be sure!