Logitech Releases Affordable G203 LIGHTSYNC Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    G305 on amazon uk,, lightspeed wireless, hero sensor

£37

3. stickem

stickem Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4G
    Uhhhh, that is a horrible release. They would have been better served to release a new version of the G303 which is in high demand.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    G305 does not have RGB only real difference

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    TL;DR - Batteries suck and tend to be non-removable with most mice. Buy whatever the latest wired variation of the G502 is. It's my favourite mouse and usually available at relatively reasonable price. The Silver Edition for whatever reason is regularly available here for $50 vs the normal $80.

I switched from a Steel Series Rival 650 (wireless with squat for latency) to a G502 Hero. The wire is not a big deal so long as you have it set up in a way to lower friction to a minimum. For me that means I have the wire hanging off the lowest friction item I had lying around... my former mouse wrist rest which I do not use on my new desk... far less friction than smooth wood somehow.

More importantly, dealing with a battery is a pain in the ass, especially if you're conscious of trying to preserve the battery's finite life. With a wired mouse I can just have it blast all the LED rave patterns I want and not worry about a non-removable battery eventually crapping out. Battery technology needs to improve a LOT before I ever buy a product with a non-removable one if I have the option. That's why I'm not keen on the "dUaL sEnSe" controller by Soyny and much prefer MS's XB pads, aside from the fact that the Dualshock 4 sucked.

6. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    G305 has removeable batteries and a 250hr playtime in performance mode

for standard non gaming usage it will last months

7. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I have the G Pro which is similarly sized (if not the same) and I ended up clenching, it really is a small mouse.

8. Thanatos

Thanatos Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970
    Battery life on Logitech's wireless mice with the Hero sensor is honestly a non-issue, they last for a really long time. The real issue is that their switches ofently crap out. Also, I'm very pleased with my Dualshock 4. Can't wait to get a DualSense for my PC.

carnivore likes this.
  9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Most companies use Omron switches and I honestly think it just depends if they use from the reject or refurb piles. I've had brand new (Coolermaster) mice have their omron switches crap out either within a week or in a single day. Not refurbs either, but clearly Coolermaster used cheap or refurb parts. Ever since I had two new mice with those switches die back to back I've always been wary when I hear about the supposedly amazing Omron switches used in X Y or Z $9001 mouse and its supposed 40 quintillion click life span.

As for the battery, if it's non-removable, it's inevitable that it eventually becomes crap. It's a matter of when, not if. I like to have the option to keep my mice until they break. And the battery on the Rival 650 went to absolute crap in under 1 year, then Steel Series gave me the middle finger instead of warranty and wouldn't even replace their defective (by design) side grips which they lied to me about in the past (claimed it's fixed and sent me the same crap). Rudest most pompous customer support I've ever seen. These employees must really hate their companies because surely they know being assholes like that to 1 guy means it's a chain reaction and they lose several customers permanently at best.

And the Dualshock 4... for me the top of it, due to the retarded half-sort-of-but-not-really bumpers, has no grip point so it's the worst for me. The battery life on it is enraging as well, and when I go to order a new battery anything I can find compatible with my 1st gen model is usually rated as significantly worse than the original battery so I don't bother. Its battery life was trash even on day 1, and the battery went bad super fast despite all my efforts to preserve it, such as keeping its LED off.

If the Dualsense doesn't have a grip made for a deformed alien, I'll buy one when it's on sale if I can figure out my own custom battery solution for it. Why? For some reason games are super glitchy (particularly Jap ones) with the XB pads, even ones emulated as one. They rapidly switch back and forth to mouse/kb mode without the user knowing, causing frame loss and bad frame pacing. It's very common.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020