Laptop - Sound poppig/cracking

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Enozekun, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Enozekun

Enozekun Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT
    I have a really annoying issue here... the audio on my laptop is cracking/popping frequently. As far as i can tell it happens all the time... i can notice it both when watching videos and listening to music. It doesn't happen ALL the time, but it's often enough to make it annoying for me.

The overall performance of the laptop seems a bit sluggish aswell, and it seems that it's connected to the sound-issue. For instance, if i drag a window around on the desktop the music will pop and simultaneously the window i'm draggin gets reeeaally slow.

I've reinstalled vista and formatted the harddrive twice, and i've two different audio-drivers. (Both asus' and Realtek's)

Any idea what might be wrong?

2. vindassius

vindassius Guest

GPU:
    8800GTX
    if its REALTEK HD Audio...then thats your issue :( i'm having the same problem with my onboard...and thats a REALTEK HD 881 (i think) and the hissing is constant and the popping is at regular intervals...ie every 10 mins...i'm saving for a PRELUDE to sort mine out...not sure what you'd be able to do for a laptop though :( unless its a pcmcia card resolution...

3. Enozekun

Enozekun Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT
    I have tried using my Steelseries USB-card, and it still does the same thing.

I have returned the laptop for RMA and hopefully it will be fixed asap. For now, i'll stick with this backup-PC i stitched together from various parts. Nothing spectacular but it sure does the job! :)

4. vindassius

vindassius Guest

GPU:
    8800GTX
    if it boots its always a bonus... :D

hope it goes well...