Just Cause 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 15, 2014.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/225540/announcements/detail/920225927273811068

2. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    or perhaps you include an offline option that is fully and completely offline until such time as the user decides they want to revert back to online?

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I've had nothing but butter smooth performance and lots of fun with JC3 so far. Fun game. What separates it from JC2 is the tools you have access to, and the tether not being awful really makes things fun.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That's crazy talk. You shouldn't say things like that. :bounce:

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Irritating that the game tries to connect every time you open the map.

That and it delays the game starting even more than the stupidly long intro video (i've removed this)

But like, who cares about random person x y and z breaking your average records?

6. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I thought it was the other way around? If the JC2 team are the one's that did Mad Max then this is all a bit more understandable. I was really wondering how the JC2 team could do such a mediocre job with the performance/stability of JC3 (to the point where I went and bought Mad Max instead lol).

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm supposed to do the mission "A Terrible Reaction" and I've liberated Baia but there is no marker on my map? Wtf am I supposed to do?

[​IMG]

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Because late into development the game was supposed to be vastly different, like MP only or something, and then they had to race to put a SP campaign in. So they likely did not have time to check thee details.

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://pressa2join.com/news/sqaure-enix-reveal-first-just-cause-3-sky-fortress-dlc-coming-march
    http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2016/02/just-cause-3-air-land-sea-expansion.html

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  10. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Just need a Chitauri invasion.

11. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Well i've been quite enjoying this game so far , flying around with the wingsuit/parachute blowing stuff up , i'm about 50 hrs or so into game play and only have one crash when i was alt/tabbing in and out of game :)

So if i continue to enjoy it , i might buy the DLC (air land and sea) at some point , i've been enjoying this more than assassin's creed syndicate that became a bit of a slog near the end .

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/225540/announcements/detail/914600608193096116

Patched.

Sky Fortress is out too.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    While playing yesterday I suddenly got a lot of artefacts. I decreased the memory OC a little but but it didnt help (even tried stock). Then I restarted and ran like before, just +250 mem instead of +300. Played for over 2hrs without issues (except the game got stuck on loading screen but that must have been an in-game bug). Other games have worked just fine with my current OC.

Restart is always required to "get rid" of artefacts?

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The game is very heavy on the GPU, most games even at full load has my GPU running around 50 - 60c whereas for this game it can reach near the thermal target of 85c not really sure what's so demanding though but it's definitively the most GPU intensive game I have at the moment.
    (Afterburner or similar should help if you want to monitor what your own GPU is working with.)

Thus it might be because of that, simply pushes GPU's so much that even factory OC's might show stability issues depending on well there's probably several conditions from cooling to well whatever the game is doing that stresses it so much.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Really? Personally I think that The Division or Witcher 3 are tougher on the GPU than JC3. Anyway, decreasing the mem seemed to help so I'll simply use different profiles.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah that's the interesting parts, Witcher 3 and Division certainly require more to run but they don't seem to stress the GPU nearly as much as temps are fine for both of them and that includes using a lot of additional config file tweaks for both games.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The Search feature on this website is useless in my experience, I had to manually look through the forum for this thread as it failed to find any matches for "just cause 3" when I typed them in!!!

Anyway, the reason I am posting is that it has been a few months since I last played this but when I tried it last night I noticed that the game STILL has that annoying flickering when Global Illumination is enabled and I'm using the latest v368.22 drivers for my card. I am just wondering if this an issue only on my system or whether everyone is experiencing it? Kind of annoying that it still is not fixed (the PS4 version even has the same issue which makes me think it might be how it is implemented in the engine).

18. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    use google for searching older threads. example: just cause 3 guru3d

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The game hasn't been patched for months, it's being worked on daily though but nothing has been released yet.

https://steamdb.info/app/225540/history/
    https://steamdb.info/app/225540/depots/ (Up to release candidate 9 now it seems.)

As for searching since "Just" and "Cause" won't work I usually use in-game terms when finding threads like this, "Rico" for example for the name of the main character. :)

20. Does Just Cause 3 still require an always online connection to play? I buy all my games, but I think always online drm is the worst kind of drm. The second the drm servers go down or your connection drops a second the game stops running. I will not buy games that have always online drm, why can't they do like steam and have a offline mode after installing it.