Issues with RX 590 nitro+

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Nifhel, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Nifhel

Nifhel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GAMING GTX 970
    No I did not, I returned it anyway, I contacted Sapphire support, and they told me to just use my warranty, so now I just hope that the replacement card I'll receive will work, if not then it probably was an issue on my side.

Maddness likes this.
  2. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Good luck. Hope the new card fixes everything, and keep us informed.

Nifhel likes this.
  3. Nifhel

Nifhel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GAMING GTX 970
    They ended up reinbursing me, so I didn't buy another one yet because the discount isn't available anymore.

BlackZero likes this.
  4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Thanks for the update.

Last time I checked, dealing directly with Sapphire carried a massive RMA time to the UK.

So, I would very careful to check RMA times, or ensure any Sapphire item can be returned directly to the retailer if DOA.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be lots of new deals showing up.

Nifhel likes this.

5. Poisson

Poisson Member

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    Hi, I have a problem with one of my sapphire 590 fans, and what they say is not entirely true. They send to you a new fan for free, but you have to send to they the damaged fan and pay the shipping. In my case the shipping cost is near the same of buying a new fan, so this is a nonesense and seems that is not in accordance with european guarantee legislation, as in case of fault you don't have to pay anything.

The fan problem starts four months after buying the gpu, I don't see the "85 percent longer life".

Now I'm talking with the shop, to see if they can ask to sapphire a new fan. But it seems that I will have to seend the gpu to it and I don't know if I will have to pay some thing.

6. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Well, it WAS according to Sapphire :).

https://www.newegg.com/LandingPage/OverviewContent4Moblie.aspx?itemNumber=N82E16814202293#12

7. Poisson

Poisson Member

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    I don't understand what you want to say with the was.

Is maybe that now they don't say "Sapphire’s partners will send out a replacement fan directly to the customer or the retailer" ?

Now they say here https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-rx-590-8g-g5-oc_c :

"With NITRO+ models, SAPPHIRE has upped the stakes with its new Fan Check system. To resolve a specific fan issue, SAPPHIRE’s Quick Connect System provides a quick and easy solution. If there’s a fan issue detected, the user doesn’t need to return the entire card."

They had changed the web the same day I did the tiket.

I'm going to have to send the gpu to the shop. So still it's not true. But even if they don't say literally that they are gonig to send a fan, obviously they will have to send it for free, as is into guarantee period and they say that I don't have to send the gpu.