i5 2500K OC on GA-P67X-UD3-B3

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Fofal, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Fofal

Fofal Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Hi, I started overclocking my i5 2500K and I realized that the process is not the same as it used to be with my E8400.

I got it to 4.5 GHz and i'm wondering if I did everything right. I'm not sure whats the CPE Vcore on my board. I've set it to 1.330v and OPI/Vtt to 1.150v.

When I look at CPU-Z it's showing me a Core voltage of 1.152v, but on CoreTemp it's showing me a VID of 1.3761v when under load 100% all cores.

If I change the Vcore my bios, it effects my VID in CoreTemp for some reason, and not my Vcore in CPU-Z. If i change my OPI/Vtt in the bios, it effects the Vcore in CPU-Z and the VID value in CoreTemp stays the same.

Please have a look at my test results and Bios screenshots, I don't want to burn my chip.

Thanks a lot in advance, and suggestions are welcome :)

Bios:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Test Results:

After Intel burn test was done:
    [​IMG]

While running Prime95 for about 4.5 hours:
    [​IMG]

2. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    Don't think you'll 'fry' your cpu with 72 degrees after 4.5 hours of P95. Think that temperature might have to do with cooling/ambient temp/airflow more than anything.
    I had mine clocked at 4.5 also, Temperature on hottest core was 67 degrees, That was with clock 45x and cpu Vcore at 1.335 as per my left side stats (Mutiplier and Vcore only 2 things i have touched, as i understand other stuff is more for hardcore oc above 4.6+ or so... i may be wrong tho ;).

[​IMG][/IMG]

Noticed, TMPIN2 Temps on your try was somewhat higher than on mine, is that memory temps ??
    Mines at stock 1333 'Noob ram', maybe why cooler :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  3. Fofal

Fofal Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    The CPU cooler that i'm using is corsair H70, it's a water cooler. You mentioned that you have your Vcore at 1.335, but in your screenshot i see that core voltage is 1.056v in CPU-Z. When i change my Vcore in bios it doesn't effect the "core voltage" number in CPU-Z, only if i change the OPI/Vtt it directly effects core voltage.

That's where i'm confused. As i understand VID (in Core Temp) is the maximum voltage the CPU can operate in. This number go's up when i change my CPU Vcore in the bios. Vcore in bios should be my core voltage and not the VID.

My my OPI/Vtt is set to 1.150 and not auto. Thats the only way i can stay stable at 4.5ghz. My CPU Vcore is at 1.330v. I wish i could find a guide for my main board.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    put your qpi vtt back to stock. 1.05v. 1.150 is not necessary

6. Fofal

Fofal Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    thanks, i'll try it

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  8. Fofal

Fofal Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Thanks for all the info.
    yeah it's rated at 1.65v. Is it really dangerous? should i lower it to 1600 and 1.5v?

I can choose from the following:
    [​IMG]

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    try running it at 1.6v @2133mhz. I dont think its dangerous but I would not risk it