Hellblade

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Really?
    I didn't find it that difficult. Thought it struck a good balance difficulty wise.

2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I commend you for that. This was the most exhausting and emotionally ripping game I've ever played. I am so glad it's over. I absolutely loved and hated it. The question of "Are video games art?" has been around for decades. This game is incredible..From a technical standpoint, Unreal Engine 5 is going to blow us away..

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Ending is one to remember.

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm speechless. It was seriously one of the best gaming experiences I've had..

Undying likes this.

5. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    :D @ using the word 'procreating'. Made me laugh. Hmm I don't remember it to be that difficult either. I had to consult a guide for a couple of puzzles. Was actually considering reinstalling the game this weekend.

Edit: Did you actually break your phone? And why your phone? :D

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Procreating is what the guru3d forums automatically substitutes for the F word. For a game that takes most people 7-9 hours to complete it took me over 30. And yes I broke my phone, why? I'll keep that to myself. Years of physical/mental anxiety, combined with drinking, and all the BS happening in the world is a hell of a combination. I can now laugh at breaking my phone, that's the least of my worries. In fact it's actually relief in a way. Congrats Ninja Theory, you really screwed with my head. Excellent game and I'm so glad I'm done with it!

AsiJu and MaCk0y like this.
  7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Really?

procreating

EDIT: Yes so it does! You live and you learn.

Also a great game this!

MaCk0y and jbscotchman like this.
  8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    On a serious note fellas. I never thought I would see a game in my life that could even compare with the emotional and dramatic ending of Ocarina Of Time. Well, this game did it. That's all I gotta say.

Edit: I kept the save file for the final level so I can keep replaying it without going through the entire game. And more before that so if anybody wants them just let me know. I know this game came out like 3 years ago but you know people like me are just now discovering it.

If you just wanna watch the end.
    Major Spoilers. Me playing the last part of Hellblade @ 1440p max settings with hdr enabled.

VS.

All I can say is video games are awesome. The contrast between 20 years is amazing. Hollywood has nothing on this.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This is a better fight. Spoilers obviously. The prequel is the only game I'm looking forward to right now.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    One day I might actual get around to installing this game on steam and actual playing it.

jbscotchman likes this.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Get ready. It's an experience.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I am sure it is just like Witcher 3.... have not installed or played that yet either.. I should stop buy games on steam, untill I catch on my library

13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    It's nothing like Witcher 3.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i didn't like Hellblade but im sure glad i bought and finished it a while ago. it felt bizarre, too dramatic, and boring in my eyes. game was disappointing compared to Plague Tale for example which was far superior. i can't say Hellblade is not a quality title, but the entire mental health\voices theme and so on was very exaggerated. Steam reviews praised it, bought and installed it, and i remember it looked extremely interesting and fresh compared to a lot of mediocre and repetitive titles, but as i progressed.. it went downhill for me. i would recommend buying and finishing it for it's uniqueness. this is just my take on it.

Archvile82 and TheSissyOfFremont like this.
  15. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I largely agree.

It was alright - the movement speed was excruciatingly slow throughout the game though.

coc likes this.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yea it took me a month to finish what was supposed to be a 6-7 hour game. It was very frustrating and I was constantly checking youtube guides to learn how to progress. But in the end, it was a total mind frack and screwed with my head. It really is a unique game that I absolutely loved once I completed it.

A Plague Tale Innocence, that is a great game! No arguing that. But you can't deny that Hellblade is one of the best looking games ever. Hellblade 2 on the new Unreal engine is going to be epic.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    coc likes this.
  17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    If you go in expecting Witcher 3... you're going to have a bad time.

Hellblade is completely different.
    But is absolutely brilliant.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I know it nothing like witcher 3 i was take crack at the fact I have alot of games I bought I have not even installed yet let alone played from steam and Hellblade is one of those game, I know what the theme and premises of Hellblade is which is why I got it.

jbscotchman likes this.
  19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Oh I understand. Between Steam, Origin, Epic, GOG, Ubisoft, Rockstar, etc I have around 300 games. But I only keep around 12-15 installed at once.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah only have 10 and only one I regularly play is what for it.......... Skyrim and I still havent beat the addon content to it just the main story

Only game I bought off steam and literately installed and played that same day was Bloodstained Ritual of the night, in the last 3 years if not longer. played that for 4 months and went back to skyrim on pc