Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650

grats on your X1 buddy! i myself also got the FGT (FINALLY!), thanks to the online dealership. it seems to stock all of the rare and "event" cars like the pick-up trucks and DTM cars.

2. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    I used it to get the chaparral 2J to complete the historic car cup in Bspec, I am not proud of it but the AI is a joke driving Côte d'Azur, it was the only way to get gold.

And since the chaparral cant be bought I had to do it, if the producers can cheat with turbo boosted adversaries and bad programed AI so can I.

And by the way the menu BGM is definitely bugged, after a race the music just stops and you have to reset it :/

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Thanks i so wanted the red FTG in my dealership lol i almost bought it but saving up for something expensive i guess while the cr is boosted. Yea i amazed there has been little bitching about that online dealer since it does stock a ton of the rare hard to find cars, for all the other bitching about saturation and car values that has been storming since the 1.05 patch.

4. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    b spec bob is still a ****ing retard!

5. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i'm forcing bob to finish endless runs on dreamcar championship lol. gets me about 14k credits/min (+load times) with my X1. :p

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I am forcing mine to do the american champ indy for 118k a run in my ford gt lm spec 2 test car :) beautiful car. Course i farmed about a million cr before i handed it over to him.

7. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    I'm still level 19, is the indy event in Extreme section? Been driving a scuderia loads, what a fun can!! best drive so far... while the GT5 Spec V (in seasonal challenge) is rubbish, understeers like crazy! I need to tweak the LSD/suspension options for oversteer fun. anybody got some good ones?

8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Backing up my savegame*

9. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    how do you backup the game? cant seam to find the option

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Wtf, still can't backup the game from the main PS3 menu...

EDIT: nvm, to backup your game you obviously need to remove the protection first. So basically, start up the game , beyond the first menu (into the career menu with GT Life, etc), save your game there and THEN quit the game.

Now you should be able to back it up to a usb stick or w/e.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010

11. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    This motherF***s I was doing the formula Gt in A spec, Got GOLD in every single race until I reach suzuka, before the race I can see that the track is wet but is not raining so I chose intermediate tires...

The race starts and ITS FUC***G SUNNY! THE TRACK IS DRY! FUUUUUUUUUUU I had to pit in, this cost me the Gold medal.

just in the previous race at monza I can see its raining I choose wet tires and the others must have started with soft tires since the pited in after the first lap to change tires, the strange thing is that they were much faster with soft tires than with rain tires LOL

It was almost like there was no rain lol I could barely keep up with them with rain tires, after they changed to rain tires I got almost 30 sec+ ahead lol

Its sad to see them fail every single tame at the second to last corners in nurburgring, even so they managed to stick like glue to my back, you can actually see the arrow in the map go warp speed.

Seriously this game as some serious problems.

I simply cannot understand how they could release the game like this, it feels like a BETA version.

And by the way, the cars you win in the formula GT are CRAP, its the most difficult race in the game so far and you win a caterham seven fireblade '02....

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    meh, if you golded all the others you got the championship, just redo the single race to get the gold cup.

13. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    thats not the point :/

14. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    Thats like the best car in the game imho :p Its almost unbeatable around the smaller tracks.

15. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    you can buy the caterham in the used lot. doesn't cost a lot too, around 70k iirc.

16. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300

i need a bigger Hard Drive in my ps3 im using a tiny 40GB and its almost full, so the inital install i did isnt the same as the full install in options ?

im going to buy a 500GB drive in Jan :)

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    my 40 gig still got near 6 gig on it, new car dealership tho? what is the new one?

[​IMG]

just some fun on nurburg.

18. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    I've golded the season challenges in section 1. I've bumped my x score from 14-20 in about 6 hrs and went from 700k-3.1mill ...nice.

19. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    you almost win more money on that 5 races that in the entire extreme championship lol and more XP to.

20. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    is/are there prize cars for the seasonal challenges? and grats btw, this seasonal events and the temporary bump in credits prizes are a welcome change to GT5!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.