GIGABYTE Launches the Aivia Osmium Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Aivia Osmium Mechanical Gaming Keyboard review and launch, he blue Platinum group metal "Osmium" is the heaviest element at normal conditions. It's hard, rare and noble nature represents ultra durability and luxury of Aivia Osmium Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. It not only features Cherry Red mechanical key-switches, but is also exclusive built with an USB 3.0 hub. Aivia Osmium is utilizing the revolutionary anti-ghosting matrix key-switch design.

GIGABYTE Launches the Aivia Osmium Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

2. Arbold

Arbold Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac Amp Extreme
    Hey Hilbert, could you do a review on the Logitech g710+ too? I want to buy a new keyboard and i'm kinda stuck between these two. Would be nice to have a comparison.

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    The keys on this look kinda tiny compared to the Logitech.

Not sure I could personally live with that, not with the amount I type.

4. EJocys

EJocys Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 1070
    Another overpriced brick for people who haven't discovered better looking and silent Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 which is 2 times cheaper, doesn't need batteries and is good for gaming (supports up to 6 keys pressed down simultaneously)?

5. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Not the same category or type of Keyboards, mechanical vs standard plastic dome keyswitch.

I know many peoples who dont like mechanical keyswitch keyboards, there's too peoples who cant stand other type of switch.

Different use, different needs. ( Wireless keyboard have a lot of advantage ( well its not like you cant have 2 keyboards wired on your pc, if you want one allow you to move around with it )

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    To each his own.

There is something to be said for the clickerty-clack of typing on a mechanical kb, though.

just feel sooooo right.

7. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    ordered one today and we'll see how it works out next week. looks very exciting though.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Keep us updated, a keyboard is next on my list, currently have microsoft x4.(+razer deathadder)

9. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    It was originally named after the Osmonds, whos teeth are made from the stuff.

10. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    will do, very good reviews on newegg, all 5 eggs.

11. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    I'm just the opposite in my preference. That kind of keyboard sounds so primitive to me. I like keyboards similar to that on laptops that makes hardly any sound and doesn't have far to push down.

12. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    blues were too loud for me so I am thinking about either MX reds or browns. I don't know yet. I don't want noise when I bottom out the keys so I am thinking about the logitech g710+.

13. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    that's what i was torn between, newegg has a 10$off coupon going for it right now.

14. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    You definitely have never discovered the awesomeness that is mechanical keyboards then.

Anyone who appreciates their typing experience should have at least have some sort of mechanical keyboard, you just can't get the great typing experience on a rubber dome or a scissor switch keyboard. Sure they're quiet but they fail faster and aren't as a breeze to type on, you actually need to apply a lot more force to actuate the keys.

As for this keyboard, not a fan that it only comes in Cherry MX Red switches, it's geared too much to gaming, I like Blues or Brown, but then again I type a lot and that's one main reason why I got a Cherry MX Blue keyboard. Blues are optimized for typing.

One of my colleagues at work is a keyboard modder, he completely decked out his keyboard with different mechanical key switches to his Das Keyboard Professional with a range of Blues, Reds, Black, Browns and Clears (he also switched the springs so that he was able to get different feels of his keys depending on which keys he uses the most). It was quite amazing looking at his keyboard when I yanked his keycaps off to look at the board underneath.

deltatux

15. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    If you dont like it, this is your right, but in reality you dont need to apply any force on mechanical keyboard.. you have nearly the feeling the key type for you. ( this is how work the mechanism, a pressure set at 45grammes for example you have just to caress the key and they work on their own . ) ..

When you say primitive you need understand mechanical switch are a lot more complex of a rubber dome ( basically you have just a rubber plate on all the keyboard with some dome under the keys )

Each keyswitch is a separate mechanism, who use their specific system, when a rubber switch based keyboard have just a rubber plate whith different density who bring the feeling to need a "pressure" .
    Hence the difference of price too .

Blue Cherry MX key switch ( good for see why they are producing more noise of brown/ black or red Cherry MX switch )
    [​IMG]
    Brown Cherry MX
    [​IMG]
    Black Cherry MX
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rubber dome keyboard
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    [​IMG]
    The Red Cherry MX, for reference.

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Just ordered one for delivery tomorrow, i have keyboard on lap mostly so i'm needing a nice palm rest -at least better than current x4 keyboard.
    I actually thought my microsoft x4 WAS a mechanical keyboard till someone pointed the fact out to the contrary.
    Anyways i didn't do much research, just looked around amazon really, it seems to ooze quality anyways and it'll be my first mechanical one, wish me luck folks! and thanks Hilbert for heads up!
    *It's £100 on amazon.:)

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glBocHFb8pE

Nice vid review, i'm looking forwards to connecting it to one the usb3 ports, sounds cool also LOL, i hate my chitty x4 now. :(
    *Jk x4 we've been through some tough battles together hehe. :p

19. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    good looking and pretty solidly built. like the blue back lighting and it's pretty comfy so far. feels smooth and although i haven't tried out the keyboard usb3.0 a lot of others say that it works well. so far it's a 5/5 for me.

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    yeah it feels great, gonna take a bit of getting used to, but sure very happy with it. :)