Gigabyte Announces GeForce GTX 1060 G1 GAMING Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Why are they showing the "fan status" on the side of the card. If you just look at the fans themselves (if they are spinning or not), doesn't that offer the same information without being trivial/redundant?

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Lol -- I actually would have liked this yesterday.

I got my ASUS Strix 1080 yesterday and it has a zero fan feature thingy. I had Afterburner open and I was looking at the fan RPM go from 0-1300 over and over and over. So I was like, I wonder if that's just a bug or the fans actually spinning. My case, has a window, but it's tucked between my desk and my dresser and it's on the floor. Plus the 900D has a bottom PSU section, so in order to see if the fan is actually going or not I basically have to pull it out. Some of my cord runs are long so pulling it out means I have to unplug stuff. Plus moving a 900D with 7x rad across a wooden floor isn't necessarily good for the floor.

In the end I just said screw it and turned off the zero fan feature because I was too lazy to pull the case out again.

That being said I might be the only person in the world that would have liked it and I only would have liked it for that very minute and never thought about it again.

4. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    The picture definitely shows SLI connectors on PCB (though they are blocked somewhat by fan shroud)...
    Will it be - "break off the plastic - get SLI" ? =)