GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 397.55 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by masterchan777, May 3, 2018.

1. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    lol i just turned my PC on and went to make a coffee, came back and my nVidia driver was gone. I was afk for about 3 minutes. Installed the HF driver and everything is back to normal.

2. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    6.2.6 is a garbage release. Do not install.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  3. Hell-o

Hell-o Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 660 SC 3Gb
  4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    lol and now I have this score drop with 397.54VK driver, I did a clean install from 397.55 to 397.54..

I usually get 7000, now 3x 5150 every time.. Then I saw monitoring showed a 50fps cap and this never happened before.. Guess I'll delete ffxv for good.

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Interesting, i had that exactly, not all the time 50fps, but around 80% of time it was hovering around that range, wonder why is that.

EDIT.: after restart of windows score is back to 5000+ ... :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  6. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Ok this driver automatically cleaned up the C:\NVIDIA folder after installing. In addition it meant that I wasn't able to pre-delete selected folders during install such as NVTelemetry. Guess I'll have to 7-zip and run it from there.

7. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 LP
    Simply put that when your system is Idle the driver gets unloaded from the system (Not uninstalled), my GTX 1060 (Notebook) has this very issue.
    Basically after the system idles in dxdiag it will show that Direct Draw Acceleration and AGP Acceleration is Disabled when they was Enabled before the system was Idle.
    Hope that helps

8. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I've never gotten an 'executable' shortcut in my "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp" folder to work in Windows 10 (as it used to in Windows 7). The method that works for me is (adjust paths, values, etc accordingly):

1. Create a Clocks.bat (renamed text) file in the "C:....\nvidia inspector" folder containing the info I want from the old shortcut. In my case it is to down-clock the GPU by 10, and set the temperature target a bit lower from 83 to 76 degrees.

Code:
    start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tools\nvidia inspector" nvidiaInspector.exe -setBaseClockOffset:0,0,-10 -setMemoryClockOffset:0,0,0 -setPowerTarget:0,100 -setTempTarget:0,0,76

2. Make a shortcut to that Clocks.bat and put that into "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp" and right click > Properties and set it to "Run = Minimized" (optional).

...because Windows 10 ALWAYS has to fight you.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Check the GDI Object count for the precision process in task manager, if this is at 3k plus its an issue from 397.31 thats carried over to .55 and requires a restart of the computer maybe.

10. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Am I wrong or the drivers are not available on the geforce website?

11. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Eph3drin3 and sertopico like this.
  12. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I didn't even notice that, since I always extract the driver .exe file into my storage drive's \Drivers\Nvidia\{Version}\ directory with 7-Zip, copy my remove bloat batch file in there and run it to get rid of anything I don't need or want. Then I run setup.exe to install the drivers.

13. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Installed :) gonne test on 1803 !

14. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I still get a black screen and a computer that quickly goes unresponsive when installing these drivers. My computer doesn't refuse to boot forcing a repair install of the OS anymore, so Nvidia is s***ting the bed slightly less now.

Maximus Hero X Wifi
    GTX 1080 Ti
    32GB RAM

15. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF

LOl it's working just fine on my system so don't know why people say it's bugged. please do explain yourself why you say that before making this bold statement. Just like people say windows 10 sucks. For me it's one of the best windows release to date. They really trying to squeeze as much performance out of it as possible and windows 7 is just not good anymore for me. Have you even tried the new windows 10 update?

eGGroLLiO likes this.

16. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Hi, you must be new here. Welcome to Guru3d.

fluidz likes this.
  17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes, started normally but after 5-10sec artificial 50fps cap.

18. Blueabyss25

Blueabyss25 Member

GPU:
    MSI 3080 SUPRIMX 10
    Impossible to install (failure of installation) :mad:

19. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Well, as someone who was very very stubborn and cautious about migrating to Win 10 from Win 7 I can say there is no reason NOT to move to Win 10. It performs better in every way. Win 7 is pretty much obsolete now.

SpajdrEX, Maddness, styckx and 2 others like this.
  20. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Old but not obsolete.