Geforce GTX Titan X thread.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Veteran, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I do agree with this, a valid point as not everyone wants to use an AIO cooler on the GPU and AMD are forcing you to do so. I too agree that it wont Overclock very well.

2. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    So I'm thinking I might end up with two... Haven't decided yet.

3. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Are you anxious??+

4. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Id just be worried about buying gpus now, that the current gpu's might not support all the new features in dx12, but only get the performance improvements from dx12... ended up in a similar situation with my old 295s :/

5. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I'm not to worried really, as far as I know the Titan X supports Tier 2 feature set of DX12 on a hardware lever and Tier 3 features probably run at a software level.

As long as it's somewhat compatible I should be ok. :)

6. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    What framerate titanX will push in gta5 @ 1440p (without MSAA) and with advanced settings at full? Performance will still dip below 60fps in vegetation areas (grass @ ultra settings) ?

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    All settings at Max minus aa? No, shouldnt go below 40fps though. With a good OC 50+min should be achievable.

8. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Yes without AA because MSAA looks really bad in this game (it skips way too many lines and vegetation looks strange with it), so I prefer to use FXAA and downsample from around 1440p (that way there's no shimmering and blurrines from FXAA).

My 680GTX OC gives me around 20fps in vegetation ares maxed out in 1440p (but Vram usage is around 4GB, so theres very noticable stuttering on my card). So I thougt titanX should provide at least 45fps. GTA5 looks stunning on max settings and I'm really tempted to buy new GPU just for this game. I can afford 980GTX/970GTX but these are not future proof (only 4GB vram), and I dont want to buy another card with low amount of vram.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  9. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Amd should be here with their new gpu soon, which should have 8 gb vram :)

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That will only be the dual GPU card which untill DX12 and the games supporting it will mean only 4GB. However latest leak shows the consumer level GM200 card coming next month, and this will have 6GB.

11. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    That would be decent for a single Card solution.

However, id personally prefer having 8gb or preferably more, when going sli.

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I got 0 problem going with 2 6gb cards. Hell, doubt I would have a problem going with 2 4gb cards either @1440p.

13. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Agreed, people always tend to over estimate how much memory is needed for a given title. History has proven time and again that GPU power almost always runs out before VRAM in the case of higher end cards. There's the odd exception such as heavily modded titles such as Skyrim, certain simulators etc -- but for the vast majority of users it's simply a non-issue.

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Some people see all the vram being allocated in MSI AB and equate that wiith running out of vram. If the games are running well while exhibiting this behavior it is a non issue. But if you do run out of vram you could potentially be running in the single digit fps.

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I've heard rumors of 8GB 960's coming why don't you grab a pair of those.

16. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Gta 5.

If i turn everything up, im still below 100% gpu usage, but the game wants to use way more vram than i have (7500 mb estimated by the game), so i get fps drops Down to 2 fps.

I want to avoid this issue in the future - id rather have alot more vram than i need, than lack vram to fully utilize the Cards.

17. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Youre so funny...

If a Card comes along like the 780 6gb version, where it had slightly less power than the titan, but as big a frame buffer, and for a reasonable Price, then ill likely get 3 of those.

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    GTA 5 has an insane draw distance iirc and setting grass to ultra puts a big hit on performance. If you pull those two back you should be good. Both of those settings are there just to cripple performance.

EDIT: at least you got the joke as a joke and not get all up tight about it.

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    You did have 2 780 6gb iirc, and returned them for 2 780ti with 3gb of vram?

20. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I actually find that the extended Draw distance makes a quite big difference in details, so i like to keep that maxed out :)

Grass just goes on high, yeah... but that doesnt affect vram.

Sadly, the Things that makes the most difference for Visuals, are the ones that use the most vram (textures, shadows, Draw distance, AA) :/