GeForce 378.66 WHQL driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    Another game, another driver.

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Cheers

Another pointless post.
    Care to provide another method of keeping games up with breaking technology?

4. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    Nine out of ten times the "new" Game Ready driver doesn't do anything, and the old drivers works just fine with the brand new game(s). In fact, most of the time, the new drivers break something, which then leads to another "new" driver to fix what was broken. So, I lost my excitement over new drivers a long time ago.

5. Inquisitor

Inquisitor Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC Hybr
    I've been saying for many years that drivers should auto update themselves... probably what eventually is going to happen with GeForce Experience. Downloading drivers every few weeks gets boring.

I wonder how the general public keep up to date when they don't read tech sites or know what drivers are for?!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  6. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    but they are already in windows update. every time when it happens every forum is booming with posts about crashes, bsosds and tdrs, espacially in win10

7. Inquisitor

Inquisitor Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC Hybr
    But doesn't that have to get through WHQL Certifcation to be available, by that time the driver is a couple of months old?

8. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    Funny thing is, those that do keep up with everything also know that BSOSDS are a thing of the past as it is now a GSODS.....

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Those who want auto updates for drivers can enable it. As for the rest of us... keep it the hell away from us. I've seen enough WHQL/certified ready drivers cause crashes or outright stop the card fan from spinning from both nVidia and AMD. nVidia in more than one occasion has pulled a driver and replaced it with a fix with identical numbers.

Not to mention, until recently, all driver updates were dropping my 970's performance off a cliff. It was only the last driver or two which seemed to be fine and match old performance.

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    wont install until someone with a 980Ti confirms its ok :), nvidia has been horrible for the past year

11. mrrulez911

mrrulez911 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    After the last time, I used DDU to delete all files from previous drivers through Safe Mode. But it went wrong, cause I hadn't used a local user account, so there was no other way then to install Windows and all software. This time, instead of doing that same thing with every install of a new driver, I also had created the local account. Rebooted in safe mode, not from DDU, but in windows itself, then used DDU, rebooted and installed this driver.

I saw that there were some comments about getting more fps with Battlefield 1, I'm gonna run a test and see if it's also true with my system. The only game I play on pc is Battlefield 1, cause I just bought a nVidia Shield 2017 and stream all my non-shooter games to my tv. It's great!

12. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Looks like these drivers have OpenCL 2.0 still in beta or for evaluation but still at least they're acknowledged they must to support this

Thanks, Jura

13. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    I appreciate Nvidia trying their best to keep up with all the new technologies that the developers throw at them. As in life nothing is ever perfect. There have been misses, but mostly hits as far as I am concerned. If I can't do better than the person doing the job, then I keep my mouth shut until I can.
    Thank you NVIDIA for all your work.:thumbup: