Geforce 353.62 WHQL Driver download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by lunario, Jul 28, 2015.

1. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    Dunno, I've only been using amd for a few years now but nvidias piss poor support and software for surround and SLI pushed me in that direction. If for nothing else to test comparison wise.

None of the problems I've experienced on my main PC have I experienced on my backup (amd) PC.

As of current, my quad Titan won't even allow surround to enable properly. The trifire 290x backup pc, the only problem I had was bezel compensation not working in portrait, which is no resolved.

If your being objective, no I can't speak for past amd issues, but if your not a current user, let alone one who can compare apples to apples... By your logic your just as ignorant to the matter.

Personally, I've always used nvidia against my better judgement. Nowadays it's beginning to lean in the other direction though. The price premium isn't justified for marginally better performance if taken hand in hand with abysmal support and even worse software. (At least for high end hardware and SLI/Surround configs)

Anyhow, back to my umpteenth format, will try yet another modded driver in the hopes I can stop the crashes and eventual corrupted installs and get surround functioning until nvidia lets the new drivers out of the box. (1st of September is my guess)

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Black Ops 2 SP vsync is partially broken, levels would start at 30fps and stay at that until either it fixed itself in 5-8 seconds or I alt-tabbed. Fine on windows 7.

Firefox's h/w acceleration is unreliable on Win 10. Not sure whose fault it is but there you go. 8.1 and 7 are fine.

3. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    okay no OC on GPU or CPU here!

4. NeoChaos

NeoChaos Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB
    nVidia's fault. Apparently the 353.62 Win10 driver is so bad that Mozilla blacklisted it from doing HW accel on Firefox.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1189940

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Why not Mozilla's fault?

No other browser is having issues using h/w acceleration.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Anyone else have screen tearing at random in windows 10 windowed programs?

7. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    TDR is nvidia fault but 353.62 no issue on my chrome + edge. i didn't try FF yet but i don't think related to nvidia.

8. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    Can someone explain me what is happening? 353.62 WHQL here but Windows Update shows me today an optional update but why? I'm using Windows 8.1...

[​IMG]

9. David Ryder

David Ryder Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 ti SC ACX2
    Same here on Win7.

10. yok833

yok833 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 gaming 4gb
    w10 bugs

Hello,
    I am using the last version 353.62 on W10 and I have noticed few problems :
    1) Every boot I need to configure in the control panel RVB instead of ycbcr444 (it seems that it did not save my settings and return to ycbcr444 by default :( )
    2) When I create a custom resolution, i cannot choose the color depth (RVB or YCBCR444) i simply didn t have the choice anymore...
    I also need to reconfigure each time in the control panel 12bit instead of 8bit for my custom resolution because it didnt save my settings too...

Is someone have the same problems ?

Many thanks
    W10 professional edition
    I5 3570K
    GTX 970 Msi gaming

11. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    Might be something wrong with my card when even -100mhz is not enough for new driver but on stock works fine. Ah anyways memory clock is not going to give me some boost anyways, so far from tests 3-4fps gain in AAA titles with +200mhz, core is more important for me.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  13. knivestv

knivestv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC
    Drivers are stable, but not the greatest framerates (GTA5 and Guild Wars2) as 344 series was for me when I was on Windows 8.

I'm on Win 10 Pro 64

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lost 10-15fps in far cry 2.

Could play at 2560x1440@75 with 8xAA Ultra setting DX10.
    Now im struggling to get 70fps (the 10-15fps mentioned above is if vsync is off) at the same settings.

Wont let me create a custom res of 2880x1620@75Hz, only 60Hz.

15. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Can't say that it's not bad the 15fps loss, however have your tried new games? Loss,gain or same ? Gain doesn't always mean more fps,more stable fps or better minimum fps is also a better factor while gaming.

Because I believe that every newer Nvidia driver more coding is added meaning..complicated enough to make older applications' profiles interfere -maybe even "conflict"- with newer coding and ofc without user's feedback checking everything is not possible (or it is but it would take months..and we don't want this to happen,do we?).
    I would prefer to have it all too and installing newer gpu drivers to just gain without losing anything but we have to accept the fact that it's not going to happen anymore..

Also do you really need 1440p and AAx8 for FC2 ?(personal and rhetorical question,doesn't need a reply)

meaning that with previous driver you could ?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015