GeForce 295.51 Driver released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hu1kamania, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    How can you adjust the amount and thresholds of FXAA and sharpening applied with the build in version?
    Even when the process is added on top of the UI, you can still get a better end result with the same sharpness on the UI, just a matter of adjustment.

2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    To correlate with my post above, I love MSI Afterburner, but I'm getting tired of the incompatibilities with certain programs with it. Anyone have any recommendations for a good fan-level control that can setup parameters and levels based on temperature?

Edit:

Disabled MSI Afterburner and SMAA is still not working. Hitting pause and using Dx10 folder in BF3. No effect.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  3. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    plus it looks sharper then that in BF3, also BF3 dev said they're gonna allow SMAA and FXAA injectors, maybe even implement proper SMAA instead of that ugly post AA blur.

At least now we know it updates AO and AA :p, in Nvidia cpl it said only application fixes and optimizations.. Not very useful.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Same here but I got that while using computer normally, not the browser.

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I guess that they either didn't use the highest quality preset and maybe use low settings on sharpening, since that would make the AA run on older graphics cards without to much performance hit.
    What I don't understand is, that the settings are hidden from the user, I guess there aren't even high/med/low presets?

SMAA is post processing just like FXAA btw., but uses a different algorithm for calculations.
    Which one that is better depends on the game that is thrown at it and user preference ofc.

6. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    Yes i know :),

i tried both and SMAA looked better in TES5.. But i settled with TrAA - 2xss and 4xmsaa.

7. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    LoL ...

Sorry but using framelimiter in AB will never get you banned anywhere.
    Where the hell did you get this idea ?

Sorry again, but seriously, you're doing something VERY wrong or your system is simply f...ed up.

I have no problems with MPC at all.
    And Crysis 2 are you kidding me ... Crysis 1 was already a load of unoptimized code and Crysis 2 is like 100 times worse ... it's a game that will never run well for the gfx it's displaying. Crysis 2 is actually really the worst thing to use to test stuff like that, it's a crap console port.

OT: Been testing the drivers now for 2 days, 0 TDR's up until now and SC2 and BF3 working great. Drivers seem to be really good.
    Nice work NVidia.

8. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    This driver is awesome for bf3, much smoother fps mainly on karkand maps, why is nothing mentioned in the release notes though :s

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yup my system is messed up if this is the only driver with issues on it. Bet the guys whose cards got damaged because of the drivers which screwed up the fan also had bad systems to begin with.

10. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I installed them and test skyrim...some textures does not loaded, sometimes no snow at all and the map has changed(i dont know how to explain it ^^).
    Then i made the latest update of the game and everything is ok now.

Odd

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    He writes that it is ok to use it, since it is build into the driver itself.
    Maybe you did misunderstand or you replied to the wrong quote.

12. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yah Skyrim runs soo smooth now after the 1.4 patch.. i get 60fps all the time now even in towns! :D

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I get a solid 60 aswell, but that's after switching from 2x SuperSample to MultiSample.

It does cause transparant NPCs sometimes, but the FPS increase is quite huge.

Hope it will be fixed in the future.

14. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    Yeah there is a bug with TrAA- MS, kajikar or how is it called has transparent head.

I think its a nvidia bug with Gamebryo engine, i had something similar in Fallout 3 with my old 8800gts (old drivers 258.xx or older), smoke puddles were missing and there were tiny dots when firing a laser/pulse gun on guns trail. Once i disabled TrAA-MS it stopped and everything went back to normal.

You can try ingame traa-ms found in skyrimprefs.ini or disable it completely.

[Display]
    bTransparencyMultisampling=0

Or maybe use just 1xss instead of default 2xss, but you will need nv inspector for that.

15. Xipe

Xipe Member

GPU:
    SLI 980GTX
    This driver its ok. ALL FINE

16. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    Started to get some strange Poly flicker & random CTD in skyrim with these drivers on my 570 thought it might be the 1.4 skyrim updated but i rolled back to 290.53 and its gone......

17. T_R_V

T_R_V Active Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 OC
    I have experienced similar problems with my GTX460, but my system doesn't CTD with driver recovery, it freezes and needs to be reset. Really strange what nVidia is doing with the last drivers. Why they cannot just revert at least desktop changes back to 275 branch? Why the *#+ they changed anything that is not 3D application related like working with browsers, java etc. on desktop?

A switch is really needed too forbid desktop applications GPU usage. (I know there are options in some applications to disable hardware accel. but they never worked properly.)

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    This isnt a WHQL driver.
    Betas are used by NVidia to test things and get feedback.
    No point getting your knickers in a twist, if it doesnt work, use a driver that does.

19. T_R_V

T_R_V Active Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 OC
    You are funny, WHQL doesn't mean anything anymore. Btw, the "crash to desktop" problems started with the 280 branch on all drivers (WHQL, Beta, dev, Tesla...etc.) on many systems.

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Beta means something :rolleyes: