Gears of War 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The game is really good, although it is quite heavy in some areas(Saw some drops down to 40s in some areas). The benchmark area isn't the heaviest you'll find in the game. Hope for some improvements in the upcoming GRD from NVIDIA.

1440P:
    [​IMG]
    4K:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Memorian : I think you need to host pictures somewhere else :)

3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's ok now.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Stunning looking game.

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Here's my benchmark. Game is extremely well optimized, and even more, it's very stable. Haven't had any crashes or lockups or anything so far *fingers crossed*

[​IMG]

6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    is Nvidia releasing a driver for this game ?!

7. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Next week.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    next tuesday.

use 431.68 with RTX (avoids leaks/colour glitches) or 436.15 for GTX. (avoids freezes)

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Campaign is on point.

MP is horrible, coming from Gears of War 4 this MP is BS. This is more like Judgement's MP more than anything, hardly any selection of different game types, maps are boring and feel the same, so far not impressed with the launch. Gears of War 4 had a 10x better MP launch that felt rewarding. This just feels like a chore now.

I'm really disappointed, I had so much hype for the game. It runs nice and looks nice, but not much over GOW4.

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    @Memorian you need to push this 2080-ti a little more ! You should be beyond 60fps easy at 4K :3

[​IMG]

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You're using ultra settings not insane..Also animation quality isn't set to ''Best'' and you're not maxing the particles..

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I wasn't showing my benchmark as a comparison to yours at all.

Also didn't realised there were insane settings thanks for pointing it out !
    If animation quality is doing what i think it does, which is optimize animation update rate given the location of animation character or its screen size, i would advise everyone to let it to 'best' for a free performance win.
    Actually i'm even surprised they gave the option to tweak this, maybe they have an aggressive optimization policy on this.

Here's a benchmark on insane preset, game is very well optimized, also i feel it's missing something like a better blur, is there depth of field at all?!
    Looks like 4 years old UE4 build, the engine has come such a long way since.

[​IMG]

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    does anyone know how to edit the settings.ini ?

edit: nvm , found it

XenthorX likes this.
  14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Should be same as any UE4 game but the files reset instead of just purging unneeded info so it's not looking too good for custom edits.
    Config file location itself is here: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Gears5\Saved\Config\PC

15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    If you're playing at 4K with insane settings enabled, then just warning you guys there's a part in the game where your frame rates are going to tank to an unplayable level primarily due to the amount of high precision volumetric effects which just overwhelms the GPU.

I play at 1440p on a Titan Xp and my frame rates had been well above 60 before this particular area. However, my FPS dropped down to the 40s.

If you're playing at 4K though, I would expect it to drop down into the low 30s; even on an RTX 2080Ti.

XenthorX likes this.

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeap, ~25FPS with insane volumetric fog. The difference between ultra and insane is meh, so who cares..

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Hdr is this game is just something else, stunning, i would even go so far as to say the best hdr i have seen as of yet, i thought iwas was amazing in 4 but in this game it is something else, and i think the large open areas are leanding themselves to hdr fantastically.

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I think I'm going to play this on my xbox one X for the HDR aspect. As my tv has hdr, but my monitor does not. Both are 4k.

19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Yeah by all accounts the HDR in this game is particularly impressive. When an HDR monitor with DP 2.0 and the rest of the goodies becomes available I will buy it and the first game I will play is Gears 5! :cool:

Serotonin likes this.
  20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Sheesh, this game is far more challenging than Gears 4 ever was, as the A.I is much better and the enemies have high accuracy. One of the boss fights literally had me on the edge, and although I wasn't counting, I definitely died at least a dozen times.

This is on experienced difficulty which used to be called hardcore, and making a single mistake will get you killed with this particular boss. I must admit it crossed my mind several times to lower the difficulty because I don't have the time and the patience that I once had in my younger days for really tough boss fights.

But to my credit, I stuck with it and finally killed that !%*$@© fair and square on experienced difficulty mode, which is one step below insane. Very satisfying, but I'm secretly hoping there's no more encounters like that :cool:

If you're playing this game on insane difficulty, I must tip my hat to you :eek:

signex and Serotonin like this.