Full Tower Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by biggi_, Nov 25, 2014.

1. biggi_

biggi_ Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB SLI
    So it's that time of year when I finally can scratch that bit of an itch on upgrading. Right now I have my whole system shoved into a LANBoy. I love the case, but I'm kind of over the whole "OH IT LIGHTS UP!!!" phase. That being said I would still like a side window preferablly. I have been looking at the Corsair 780T as one option or the 750D as a second (my cpu is AIO cooled with an Antec 920). However, I do like the sleek look of the NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT. Any other recommendations or help deciding between these?

2. Ragingun

Ragingun Guest

GPU:
    295x2
    My favorite case yet was the NZXT Phantom full tower. I loved the fan controls and the ease of setting it up. I now own a super full tower from Azza and man it this a dream to be able to fit stuff in. I do miss the variable fan control that the Phantom had though since this only has a fan button(on/off). However, I'm torn not knowing if I'll ever want to go back to less than a super full tower after this lol!

3. biggi_

biggi_ Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB SLI
    A buddy of mine has the XClio Windtuneel Advance...and I wish they still made those. A super tower is a 'bit' big, but I would consider if I could find one I liked. I haven't heard good things about Azza (even though you may love it, that's fine) I prefer to stay Corsair/NZXT/Antec something like that.

4. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I still like to toss out the tt urban t81. Seems like it's not a popular case but I really like mine. It's super quiet, and I put a RGB strip in so I can make it pretty when I want to. Otherwise it's completely dark.

5. biggi_

biggi_ Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB SLI
    That one isn't bad, I kind of like the white on the phantom though. The Corsair 500R I guess is the right number made me want a white case kinda.

6. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    HAF-X is pretty good.

7. Ragingun

Ragingun Guest

GPU:
    295x2
    Azza has a couple full tower cases 5 star rated in the top 20 of best reviewed on NewEgg, I can see for some a super full isn't effective but I wouldn't rule them out for their full towers.

Personally I've always wanted to try the CM HAF X or Thermaltake also has some nice designs.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  8. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Get dat spray paint out. You gotta love the 200mm fans and how quiet they are.

I'm jk, I know I'd be pissed if I just spend $150 and had to go do work to get it to what I want it to look like.

9. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    Corsair 750D looks nice.

10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    +1 for the HAF-X

11. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest